What Changes If Any, In Your Living Quarters Would You Make If You Could Afford To?

I'd have someone remake my bed with fresh line-dried sheets daily. I love to crawl between sheets that have that crisp just washed feel that only cotton percale has.

Slick to the touch, 800 thread count doesn't do it for me.
Completely agree. Plus I really, really dislike flannel and microfiber sheets.

Well, in the past few years, I have had a ramp put in and a deck. Love those changes. Like @fmdog44 I would not mind having a whirlpool or some sort of thing. One I could get in and out of easily. Figure I could adapt the second full bathroom for that.

I am actually happy with my place as is. One floor, easy access. So, I guess It just would be a matter of routine upkeep and replacement of appliances, windows and rugs as needed.

OK, now I want quartz counters. And a screened porch. And maybe a 3-car garage instead of a 2-car one. I thought I was in paradise getting a 2-car garage instead of the 1-car and carport we had but, of course, "nature abhors a vacuum" and the garage is now crowded with shelves running down both sides, his new car, his motorcycle and the washer, dryer, waterheater, hvac unit and a workbench. I have to park out in the driveway (poor pitiful me...…)

OK, now I want quartz counters. And a screened porch. And maybe a 3-car garage instead of a 2-car one. I thought I was in paradise getting a 2-car garage instead of the 1-car and carport we had but, of course, "nature abhors a vacuum" and the garage is now crowded with shelves running down both sides, his new car, his motorcycle and the washer, dryer, waterheater, hvac unit and a workbench. I have to park out in the driveway (poor pitiful me...…)
So funny reading your post jujube...when we built this big joint back in the mid 80's, hub built the 2 bedroom apt over a 4-1/2 car garage. That garage has been full ever since and we still have 2 of the 3 cars we own sitting outside...lol. Workbenches and various "stuff" seems to take priority over driving the cars inside. Crazy, we'd just bought a new Caddy and not long after had a hail storm (now we never usually have to worry about hail in this area) and the beautiful new Caddy got pockmarked all over to the tune of an insurance claim for $3,700 to get it fixed.

Guess what, the '91 antique Jeep Renegade with the pristine "cherry" factory red finish was sitting inside the garage...now if that's not redneck's for you, don't know what is!

So funny reading your post jujube...when we built this big joint back in the mid 80's, hub built the 2 bedroom apt over a 4-1/2 car garage. That garage has been full ever since and we still have 2 of the 3 cars we own sitting outside...lol. Workbenches and various "stuff" seems to take priority over driving the cars inside. Crazy, we'd just bought a new Caddy and not long after had a hail storm (now we never usually have to worry about hail in this area) and the beautiful new Caddy got pockmarked all over to the tune of an insurance claim for $3,700 to get it fixed.

Guess what, the '91 antique Jeep Renegade with the pristine "cherry" factory red finish was sitting inside the garage...now if that's not redneck's for you, don't know what is!

As they say, only in America do we fill our garages with junk and leave the expensive cars outside.

After almost six months of remodeling.....almost done ...whew

But that's just inside, come spring new steps, fix the sunporch ....it leaks...and a small patio area and flowers in a garden

Saltillo pavers throughout, huge, floor to ceiling shaded windows, Knock out a wall in my bedroom so I could put my bed at an angle, a walk-in closet and a white Corian kitchen countertop.

I’m updating........A fenced in yard for the dog n a screened in porch , I gave that up to move here, I love my home but I still miss the screened in porch! Tho the dog doesn’t seem to mind being tied out, I still feel guilty!

Last edited:
I would get a new set of furniture, mine has seen much better days. Also new mattress and carpet. Painting the walls a pretty color.

Back