What do you add to rice?

I like it as an ingredient rather than stand alone. Cajun Red Beans & Rice is my favorite.

My Mexican pals take great pride in their cultural cuisine. Indeed, it is very tasty and I am rather good at Mexican cooking. But a couple of them have confessed to me quite stealthily that there is nothing quite like Puerto Rican food. Social protocols being what they are, they are not allowed to hint of that in public. Arroz con gandules being one of our specialties.
It all looks good to me. I love rice in all forms although mussels destroy the tase of paella in my opinion. I like mussels on their own, particularly deep-fried in batter, but in rice ..... no thanks.

It all looks good to me. I love rice in all forms although mussels destroy the tase of paella in my opinion. I like mussels on their own, particularly deep-fried in batter, but in rice ..... no thanks.

While I find that mussels atop rice is tasty, it definitely is better over pasta:

1628657980612.jpeg

When I've made the dish, I pour lots of Parmesan or Romano cheese on top. Yum!

Stroganoff over Rice (better than over egg noodles in my opinion)

It's so easy to make and so delicious.

1. Sautee Onions, Hamburger, and Mushrooms. Add ground Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder (or fresh)

2. Add Sour Cream and stir it in with all the juice from the hamburger and mushrooms

Optional:
a.
If there isn't much juice you can add some Beef Broth ("Better Than Bouillon" is the best brand...add water to it)
b. Sprinkle chopped Parsley on top or stir in chopped Kale (or spinach) at the last minute
c. You can add a little ketchup or tomato paste for sweetness but I don't
Better than Bouillon is my go-to for sauces and more.

Omg feywon...I haven't had chinese food in years. It left my radar completely. I used to love fried rice and egg foo young.
Lara...I had vegetable egg foo young with fried rice twice in the last two months and it was so good. Really I had it four times because I was able to get two servings from each order. I put always duck sauce on mine, don't even bother with the gravy...it's too dark for me or soy sauce. I hadn't had any in over 2 years. We get it from a Halal Chinese restaurant in town. Halal means we Muslims (or anyone else who doesn't eat pork) don't have to worry about pork products being used in the restaurant. @feywon

Back