What do you/did you admire about your parents?

What a truly beautiful story.
52 years is a very long time, your parents surely showed you the best way to live as a couple.
Bretrick....thanks for the comments...I am blessed by my late parents, my kids, grandkids, and wife who loves me!
My blessing to you and yours on this special Easter weekend.

Despite a dysfunctional family unit, my parents both worked hard all their lives. It was nice to finally be able to send money home once I finished school .. to make their lives a bit easier.

Mom always had fabric leftovers that she made our clothes with. She sewed beautiful gowns for clients. We never went hungry, and were always clean. She was a sweet-natured woman who never complained.

Last edited:
I could list many things but one thing that always amazed me about my mother when I was a child — you could look in our kitchen cabinets and refrigerator and swear there was nothing to eat. But my mother would still manage to put a meal on the table. Might have just been biscuits and gravy but it was good.

My parents both worked hard and were gracious hosts. My father was exceptionally bright, my mother was extremely kind.

Unfortunately, their marriage was not good and their children paid a high price for their unhappiness.
One of the drawbacks of "Staying together for the children's sake"
Grown children can have a really hard time as a result.

Back