What do you eat for breakfast?

Eggs Are Natures Superfood
Eggs natural superfood and hold a special place in my heart because of their taste and versatility. However, they have had a lot of myths spread about their nutritional value. To clarify, the truth is that whole eggs are a truly nutritious food that is good for you. Most importantly, they come in their own individual mother, nature pre-packed shell. Besides, inside that small shell are all the ingredients required to create a life. So, there is no way that could be bad for you if cooked properly.

High in Protein​

Most importantly, whole eggs are one of the best sources of high-quality protein. Also, they are cheap and plentiful. Subsequently, they provide your body with the whole package of amino acids required for building muscle mass and repairing tissues. Many nutrition experts recommend eating three whole eggs per day as part of a well-balanced diet. Eggs will complete your healthy diet with a variety of precious vitamins and minerals. Just look at what is in an egg:

One whole egg is packed with:​

• One Egg 3 Eggs
  • Calories: 77 231
  • Protein: 6 grams. 18gs
  • Healthy fats: 5 grams. 15gs
  • Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA. 18%
  • Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA. 45%
  • Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA. 21%
  • Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA. 27%
  • Folate: 5% of the RDA. 15%
  • Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA. 27%
  • Selenium: 22% of the RDA. 66%
  • Iron 5% of the RDA. 15%
  • They also contain:
  • Eggs have significant amounts of: Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium and Zinc

Eggs are good for eyes​

The egg yolks contain lutein, a type of carotenoid that helps prevent macular degeneration, which is a major cause of blindness. Subsequently, lutein can also be found in green leafy vegetables. However, research has shown that the body can absorb it much better from eggs. Also, yolks contain the antioxidant zeaxanthin, which protects your eyes from harmful ultraviolet radiation.

Eggs can aid Bone Health​

From around the 40s, we start Somatopause. Which gradually reduces human growth hormone(HGH) which affects bone density. So, Vitamin D is crucial for calcium absorption and maintaining bone health. Therefore, if you do not get enough of it, you might increase your risk of bone diseases. Vitamin D is present in very few foods. Researchers have proved many people are not getting enough of it regularly. So, perhaps you have difficulty getting out, or you cannot go out to soak up some sun. Eggs yolks can help deliver a decent amount of vitamin D.

Eggs help reduce Iron Deficiency​

Many people with mild iron deficiency experience vague symptoms of tiredness, headaches and irritability. Because iron is a carrier of oxygen in the blood and plays an important role in immunity, energy metabolism and many other functions in the body. The iron in egg yolk is in the form of gems iron, the most readily absorbable and usable form of iron in foods and more absorbable than iron in most supplements.

Healthy Brain Function​

The yolks are rich in the nutrient choline, which is an important nutrient for the proper functioning of the brain. Furthermore, it’s involved in memory, muscle movement, regulating heartbeat and other basic functions. Choline is also involved in many processes, such as cell structure and messaging. And fat transport and metabolism. DNA synthesis and nervous system maintenance.

Cholesterol no cause for worry

Firstly, studies on eggs natures superfood have never found a connection between normal egg consumption and coronary artery disease. Secondly, cholesterol is a structural molecule that is an essential part of the cell membrane. Of every single cell in the human body. Furthermore, it is responsible for the production of testosterone, cortisol, and oestrogen. Besides, these are important for the normal functioning of the body. But, the body produces its own cholesterol in the liver. However, if we eat foods rich in cholesterol, the liver starts producing less of it. So, our levels of cholesterol never vary much.

Preparing and eating eggs safely
It is a well-known fact that eggs can contain salmonella. Suppose they are not cooked properly. Therefore, you should never eat raw eggs or eggs that are runny. On the other hand, always ensure the yolk and the white are firm to ensure safety. There is absolutely no risk if eggs are prepared and cooked in this manner. As a result, eating undercooked eggs can cause food poisoning. To clarify, if an older person contracts food poisoning, then the symptoms of this are likely to be much worse than for a younger person.
Consequently, they will experience a severe form of this illness, leading to dehydration complications. For example, dehydration is serious in any situation but is particularly dangerous for the elderly. Dehydration is a common and severe condition in older adults – it can even result in death. Furthermore, dehydration can cause many major health problems, including Kidney stones, Blood clot complications, and Passing out.
Finally
Eggs are a superfood and are particularly beneficial for older people, I eat three each morning, with wholemeal bread toasted. If you are alone cooking for one is often put off or skipped. But boiled eggs are simple quick and easy, filling and nutritious so get the egg habit, you know it makes sense. Eating with health in mind can save you a lot of future health problems. Amenan.
I still have fat free yogurt flavored or with fuit in it and coffee with sugar free flavoring in it. That is it.

My choice most time..
iu

@ Amenan, thanks to Drs. Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr., Colin Campbell, John McDougall, Neal Barnard and other Whole Food Plant Based diet proponents, the health wonders of oatmeal are increasingly well known. I eat rolled oats in one form or another nearly every day.

A Chef Salad...lettuce, spinach, celery, peppers, sliced cheese, salami, a hard boiled egg, and home made Ranch dressing.
That sounds so good- think I'll have a breakfast salad this morning!

Edited to add - just made a salad from mixed greens, tomato from my garden, seared tofu, half a chilled baked potato, some garbanzo beans, kalamata olives, quartered artichoke hearts, sliced strawberries, sliced apricots, and yuzu dressing. So refreshing!

Last edited:
I’m a bacon, eggs and hash browns type of guy. Well, that needs to change and I need to eat a healthier breakfast. Plain oatmeal is boring. This morning I had grits, smoked salmon and a sliced tomato. Yum that hit the spot.

What is your favorite breakfast?
I almost always eat a waffle, but it's too thin to be exicting.

Back