What do you eat for breakfast?

I don't have the same thing for breakfast every day
This morning,I had a bowl of multigrain Cheerios with 2% milk,yesterday had an English Muffin with peanut butter,small glass of OJ.A couple days ago had 3 small cinammon muffins with OJ
In the winter on a really cold day,I love to eat Cream of Wheat with a little dab of Vermont Maple Syrup yum yum!

I never ate breakfast until I became diabetic, at which point my doc and dietician said I had to, but I also have to keep it to 40 carbs. I spent a lot of time researching and looking at labels in the store, and have come up with several things.

First off, eggs are free. I will eat a hard boiled egg now and again, but they're heavy.

Bagels are way out due to carbs, but bagel thins are only about 22 grams of carbs. Add some peanut butter or Neufchatel cheese and I'm well under 40 carbs. Substitute some of the English Muffin varieties, same thing.

One of my favorites is an 'everything' bagel thin, a slice of smoked provolone, a schmear of Neufchatel, and a tablespoon of my homemade tomato jam.

One Eggo waffle, a turkey sausage patty, and a scrambled egg on a weekend, with a glass of no sugar added 5 calorie juice. Sugar free syrup, of course.

A homemade Egg McMuffin (or biscuit) with bacon or sausage.

There is a company called Aunt Millie's bakery that makes a low calorie bread, and it's good. Most stores around me sell it, not sure if they're nationwide. Instead of 17 grams a carbs per slice, it's 14 grams of net carbs for two slices. So, a bacon or sausage sandwich once in a while, or just peanut butter on toast. Or, toast and an over easy egg.

And of course, oatmeal. Plain oatmeal (as previously noted) is boring. But plain oatmeal with cinnamon and a non sugar sweetener is pretty decent. There are a couple of the flavored instants I can eat, one is apple/raisin/walnut. I always add ground flaxseed to help with cholesterol, and it adds a nutty flavor.

One of my desk drawers has been relegated to pantry. I keep a jar of peanut butter, English muffins or bagel thins, and a couple of different oatmeal types. I usually eat breakfast at work. I also have some soups and other canned goods for lunch if needed, but that's a different thread!

Note that all of these choices are well below 40 grams of carbs, most aren't over 30, and some are below 20. This morning I had a slice of toast and peanut butter for a total of 15 grams of carbs. I could've doubled that and still been at 30, but I'm watching my figure!

I have a cup of coffee, cantelope, and later a pumpkin spice cake mini muffin. Delish! I am on Weight Watchers and I don't go hungry! Sometimes I have refrigerator oatmeal. Oh my!

I've never bn on a diet plan, but that sounds pretty darn good! And satisfying.

Those pumpkin mini muffins remind me of 2 ingredient batter mix.
It's a can of pumpkin, and a either yellow,or spice cake mix.

Mix it together, and voila...pumpkin spice cake, or muffins.

****Just found my recipe...pumpkin puree and yellow cake mix. Bake@350...20-25 mins. Muffins.

My husband has regular pancakes with that fake maple syrup and loves it. I personally can’t stand my fluffy pancakes drowning in that sugary stuff. Plus I make gluten free pancakes which are super fluffy. Once I pour the batter , I plop those berries onto the batter until , bubbles start to show. Flip and cook until done. With a tad of butter the favour of those hot berries explodes. It’s so tasty. Next time I make these I’ll take a picture so you can so the size of these berries. Yummm. I love pancakes.

Your suggestion is something I’d probably do too. :)
4bf850af2a9e658cde7c33b71839d9b5[1].jpg

We don't have a particular breakfast that can be classified as our favourite, but the breakfast menu in our house is extensive.

- Toasted bacon, tomato, and aged cheddar cheese sandwiches
- Bacon & eggs
- Hashbrowns & sausages
- Denny's Restaurant style Moons-over-my-hamy
- French Toast
- Pancakes
- Waffles
- Egg Omelettes
- Tasted Denver sandwiches
- Toasted egg sandwiches with jalapeno and cheddar
- Yogurt and fruit
- Hot cereals (oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Sunny Boy, Red River)

Problem is our appetites aren't what they used to be, and a good number of days we just enjoy a few cups of coffee with a couple slices of toast.
4bf850af2a9e658cde7c33b71839d9b5[1].jpg

This morning I had a toasted half of a cinnimon-raison bagle with a teaspoon of strawberry preserves (seedless strawberry)
wit a cup of coffee. Sometime I have two eggs, a slice of bacon cooked in the microwave and a slice of toast, always with a
cup of coffee. I use honey wheat bread for toast. It sort of looks ,like whole wheat but it's not quite white. I do manage to
keep my weight in check. I run from 171 to 174, back and forth; back and forth.

Unlike New York not one Dunkin Doughnuts in Florida knows what a buttered roll and a light and sweet is so I go to Cracker Barrel and order pancakes, er hotcakes and a slice ,er a slab of sweet, er honey cured ham and a bag of colored rock candy "That they get". I know: When in Rome.

Every morning I have organic fruit - strawberries, blueberries, sometimes figs, honeydew, cantaloupe watermelon and pineapple with a cup of herbal organic ginger tea. A super healthy way to start the day.

I usually don't have this....But hubby asked me if I want a muffin...I hesitated, but I ate it....HaHa...

We had to go to the Chiropractor...I go 3 times a week....Hubby has been going since March...
I just started ....I should've done what my husband did to go to a chiropractor earlier....
It was from an accident....I won't go through that....

Back