What does a Covid Thanksgiving look like?

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here.. but we do celebrate Christmas of course... and just this morning I read in the media that Farmers are putting their Turkeys on diets, to slim them down so they're not too big for the families of 6 or less who are being allowed to gather, permitted by the government this year due to the pandemic rules
@hollydolly we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia either but hopefully restrictions will be eased by Christmas
Huz birthday is Christmas Day 🥳

I plan on having Thanksgiving at my house. Only a few family members. I will have hand sanitizer at the door and will spray Lysol several times through out the day. My birthday is that Monday (Nov 23) and 1 yr anniversary of the death of my sister. Looking forward to enjoying my birthday and Thanksgiving.

I plan on having Thanksgiving at my house. Only a few family members. I will have hand sanitizer at the door and will spray Lysol several times through out the day. My birthday is that Monday (Nov 23) and 1 yr anniversary of the death of my sister. Looking forward to enjoying my birthday and Thanksgiving.
.....Happy Birthday..mIne is just a week and a few before yours.

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here.. but we do celebrate Christmas of course... and just this morning I read in the media that Farmers are putting their Turkeys on diets, to slim them down so they're not too big for the families of 6 or less who are being allowed to gather, permitted by the government this year due to the pandemic rules

What will the Grundy‘s do without their turkeys in Ambridge?

iu

Ruthanne,
It's going to be a difficult time for many, I deliver meals on wheels, and of those that I deliver to that is the plan for most. I will most likely deliver their thanksgiving meal the day before. We have a no contact, no entry, deposit to an outside box program. To protect everyone. The world has changed.

We are in a bubble/pod with daughter and her family, but our sons and DILs work outside their homes. Therefore we'll be celebrating a very small Thanksgiving this year. 6 instead of 20+.

We put the food to a vote and decided on potato & other types of assemble-your-own tacos, an assortment of tamales, and homemade cranberry sauce (my 5 year old granddaughter's special request). There will undoubtedly be pumpkin pie, too!

All our family and friends are being particularly cautious as Corona's second wave ramps up.

We will have our usual small holiday with hubby, me and our adult daughter. When she was married, we would include the SIL of course and sometimes his family. Our holiday celebrations have gotten smaller over the years.

Turkey breast and Stove Top.

I planned on having Thanksgiving dinner at my house.. a small group. Long story short... there were 6 additional people that I did not plan on having over. Would have been about 13 people. It was a tough decision but I narrowed it down to 3 people. My son and his lady friend and my daughter. I normally have about 20+ people over.

Back