What Happens When We Die?

No, no way. Hell is a terrible, tormenting place and only evil is there. I read a paperback and it talked about a believer who had a dream of being in Hell, he was allowed to have this dream and experience it in a dream in order to tell people about it. 21 Minutes in Hell, was the name of the book.

Sorry, that was 23 Minutes in Hell by Bill Wiese.

maxresdefault.jpg

www.soulchoiceministries.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_Minutes_in_Hell

Last edited:
Human imagination is great, scary demons in hell & mansions in heaven. Who wouldn't want to live in a mansion? I wonder if a few religious leaders living in mansions already practicing for when they croak would let us know.

Ever curious I wonder where prehistoric humans like Vikings, remote Amazonian & African tribes, Incas, went after death. John 3:16 is pretty specific about the way to eternal life & as far as I can tell those humans don't qualify. Even babies that live only for a short time after birth wouldn't qualify.

Then there is life and eternal life. Defining eternal life without actually having some way to prove it beats plain old regular day to day life. Can't be denied there is a certain comfort believing in eternal life, or fear of not believing that some sentient form leaves your body to interact with those that qualified to go where that super natural omnipotent billions of years old leader & his/her helpers/angels is.

Human imagination is great, scary demons in hell & mansions in heaven. Who wouldn't want to live in a mansion? I wonder if a few religious leaders living in mansions already practicing for when they croak would let us know.

Ever curious I wonder where prehistoric humans like Vikings, remote Amazonian & African tribes, Incas, went after death. John 3:16 is pretty specific about the way to eternal life & as far as I can tell those humans don't qualify. Even babies that live only for a short time after birth wouldn't qualify.

Then there is life and eternal life. Defining eternal life without actually having some way to prove it beats plain old regular day to day life. Can't be denied there is a certain comfort believing in eternal life, or fear of not believing that some sentient form leaves your body to interact with those that qualified to go where that super natural omnipotent billions of years old leader & his/her helpers/angels is.
I think it is the current Catholic Pope who said and acknowledged that everyone goes to heaven, everyone. You could goggle it. 😂. The Church tried to back track on his statement, but he did say it. I, personally, believe there is an existence after this one. But then, as a mother, I refuse to accept that I will be parted from my children even in death.

As for babies that only live a short time, Mathew David died at 3 days, John at 6 weeks, and Matthew Frank died just short of one year. I think such young souls have not even completely left God’s side to be tied, in any form, to earthly things. Upon the death of their physical form, I believe they returned to God, immediately.

We must remember an old book, the Bible, was written after JC died. The only actual written words of God are the Ten Commandments, IMO.

This is what I also believe. I also feel that when we are living we are in Hell. Where else can you experience the pain of losing loved ones? I pray we are reunited with those we love and will never lose them again.
Yes sassy , I believe we are living in hell...
But I also think , it’s getting us ready for the after world ..🧐😏

Imagining the afterlife is something humans have engaged since prehistoric times. Even modern day sophisticates like George Bernard Shaw have had a go at it. Has anyone read his play Man and Superman? He turns the typical depictions of Hell and Heaven upside down.

The age old question. I believe there is an afterlife, not only because of the teachings of Christianity (my former religion) and Islam (my current one) but because of what I've learned in a metaphysical course I took. I also believe in the afterlife because I know too many people who have seen ghosts, spirits, entities or whatever you wish to call them. I saw one in my apartment several years ago but he wasn't transparent like I would have thought and he didn't frighten me. He stood there watching me for almost a minute. I have two close relatives and an online friend who have seen shadow people. I swore on a couple of occasions I saw my deceased cat walk past while I was on the computer and I used to feel something jump onto my bed at night. I did pass that off as possible dreams, however. Like @feywon I do try to find a logical explanation for things.

@Jeff_RN/Paramedic & @Chris P Bacon George Carlin sure was.

The energy from our bodies never dies. It changes, but it still exists. Perhaps we join other energy here on earth or in the stars. If we spent more time on making things better for the world while we are living, we wouldn't really need to dwell on what happens after we die.
https://futurism.com/the-physics-of-death

“To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded.”
~ Bessie Anderson Stanley

Crispy P Bacon said "But if you die first then come back and tell me about it. Or better yet, post your experience here on the thread and we all can know then."

You know that would not 'work' because the person would be reporting THEIR personal subjective experience which is not objective evidence for anyone else, tho people who know and trust them might accept their report. People's reactions would vary depending on what THEY believe. Some would think the person crazy (despite mounting reports from medical professionals supporting NDE accounts and some medical professionals having NDEs); some would insist the person couldn't have really been dead; some would think/feel 'well he/she is a fairly nice and intelligent person but they are deluded on this on subject'; and still others, those who totally bought into the Heaven/Hell construct, would criticize on the basis of the details not matching their expectations. i've had an NDE and i know from the reactions of others when i have told. There were things that happened during my NDE that were validated by later experiences, which reinforced my acceptance of the experience as 'real', but i'm a rational enough person to understand that even those are still 'subjective' to the ears/minds of others. Having others invalidate and sometimes outright insult you for sharing the most profound experience of your current life gets old. After awhile you prefer to share only with those openminded enough to admit the possibility even if it doesn't fit their 'belief' system, without mocking or condescension (and whether anyone realizes it or not taking the attitude that this is all there is, the only reality, when even scientists are suggesting there are other dimensions/universes where the rules--natural 'laws' --might be different, IS a belief system).

i will say this: when i finally succeeded at suicide after 15 yrs of overt and covert attempts i was desperately hoping that there was 'nothing' after. i was wrong. i was given a choice and some information that helped me make an informed choice. i chose to come back and do the best i could with this life rather than start over from infancy and have to 'relearn' all the basics and complexities all over again. It didn't make everything perfect, i've still had to work at it like we all do, but i had an edge in how my attitude changed even tho depression has still been a presence in my life. But suicide not ever again an option. Dying on my terms should i become catastrophically ill is an option. i'm in no hurry, despite knowing the environment that i would enter, but i have no fear of death either. Of course i never was a very fearful person. Some risks i took with my life did not come from my suicidal ideation but rather from place feeling that if there is no principle you would die defending, what are you living FOR?

In a coma from a rare adverse drug reaction, my heart stopped. After 7 minutes of failed resuscitation attempts, a nurse was filling out my time of death when my heart started beating again. After four days in a coma, I woke to find myself paralyzed, in agony, and with the clear memory of looking down into the sunlit lobby of a travel agency. Somehow I knew it was a weekend afternoon in the winter, even though it was actually August. 17 years later, earlier this year, I had a flash of what seemed to be a memory. "I was standing in a city street, a beautiful city street, and to my left I saw boulevards and other streets. There was a golden mist on the ground. I turned and looked in front of me, and standing a few feet from me was who I instantly knew was Jesus. Being about 6'3, He was looking down at me. We gazed into each other's eyes, and I could see His amazing love for me. He was smiling at me." Make of this what you will.

Jesus was the greatest MAN in history but was not a God. There is no room in Heaven for the 60 billion humans who have died in the last 3,000 years. We simply cease to exist at death and all joy and suffering ends then. At 86 I look forward to an end to my seven years of terrible pain and impairment. Christ's greatest gift as a man to us all was DEATH! The Old Testament was all a fairy tale. Jesus taught us how to accept death without blaming anyone and to look forward to an end of our terrible existence at the end of life.

Christ's greatest gift as a man to us all was DEATH! ....Jesus taught us how to accept death without blaming anyone and to look forward to an end of our terrible existence at the end of life.
Christ's gift to us was new LIFE. He came alive after the 3rd day and ascended into Heaven. He taught us how to accept eternal life. He taught that we will receive new bodies. He taught that there will be no more pain and suffering...if you believe him @Mitch86

Last edited:
The whole world is devastated. Flags are at half mast in all public buildings everywhere... (including North Korea...). Every famous person on the planet goes through a denial and a depression period (except The-One Without-Empathy-To Save-His-Life). The sun is hidden by clouds for 40 days. The moon turns around to show its dark side. The body is lying in state on the top of the Eiffel tower for billions to pay their respects. Heads of State from all countries (including North Korea) dress in black and cover their faces with soot to mourn one's passing. Any means of transportation stops until the funeral. Television networks all over the world (including North Korea) broadcast nothing but a black screen. The Internet shuts down everywhere in the world (not including North Korea... they didn't have internet anyway). There is cease fire in all wars all over the planet. The seas and the oceans go to low tide and stay there until the funeral. All 8 1/2 planets come into syzygy. The comets change their courses to fly over the Earth as a sign of respect. McDonald's makes 2 cents discount worldwide for a period of two minutes after the announcement of one's death....

or ...

one ends up being ashes or worm food...

(It all depends on one having a positive consciousness or a negative one! )

The only human that would have that answer is someone who died, saw what was on the other side and came back to life to report it. Jesus is the only such man, and the New Testament of the Holy Bible reports a whole lot about what Jesus reported comes after death, for both those who have come to be his followers, and for those who don't. He tells us the essentials of what we need to know to be prepared, but leaves a whole lot of my questions unanswered. I guess the details are based on a need to know basis.

Back