What have you bought recently?

Just ordered online from Ikea... some interlocking decking panels to set in a corner of the borders where I have old bark chippings to make a level playing field for new large planters .., A new wooden Trellis because my Rose trellis collapsed and broke in the wind a couple of months ago... and a wooden flower box, to place under the trellis...

2.jpg
s-l500.jpg
Wow! I sure like those, Holls!

what make is it ?..I love the colour
It's a Mazda CX-5, and the color is called Soul Red. It's the standard "red" used on all recent Mazdas. I drove it as a loaner when my Mazda Sedan was in the shop for a week, and I liked it. That was a month ago, and when I came to pick up my sedan, I asked the sales manager if he would sell me that car. I even brought the title of my car, just in case. But no, it wasn't for sale, so I asked him to call me when it was. We exchanged a couple of phone calls, while he said they were trying to figure out how much to charge for it, and he called me yesterday for us to "get together and talk," which we didn't do much of. It's is a 2021 with 6,000 miles on it, and using various resources, I figured out its fair value, which is what I paid.

It's a Mazda CX-5, and the color is called Soul Red. It's the standard "red" used on all recent Mazdas. I drove it as a loaner when my Mazda Sedan was in the shop for a week, and I liked it. That was a month ago, and when I came to pick up my sedan, I asked the sales manager if he would sell me that car. I even brought the title of my car, just in case. But no, it wasn't for sale, so I asked him to call me when it was. We exchanged a couple of phone calls, while he said they were trying to figure out how much to charge for it, and he called me yesterday for us to "get together and talk," which we didn't do much of. It's is a 2021 with 6,000 miles on it, and using various resources, I figured out its fair value, which is what I paid.
Fantastic... sounds like that car had your name on it right from the start... happy motoring

At this year's Easter Egg hunt I won a new water bottle type thing. Smiled and said thank you, but thought to myself, "Great, I'll add it to the ten other 10 bottles we've got kicking around."

I'm here to tell you that that I love this bottle! It's insulated with stainless steel so the liquids stay cold for a very long time - the ice 18 hours or more. I drink a lot of club soda and can put it in there because there's a little gap around where the straw fits in. (The sealed bottles often squirt carbonated liquids back out.)

The 24 oz size is perfect - can put in a lot of ice plus the whole 12 oz from the can. Anyway, DH expressed some envy so I ordered one for him. Found it at Walmart for $9.98. Funny thing is I was working on a grocery pick up order from WM anyway. I detest shopping there, particularly when it comes to checking out, but their pickup process is easy-peasy lemon-squeezy.

Am hitting the produce store and Aldi today anyway, so I'll grab my WM order while out and about.

Bubba.JPG

At this year's Easter Egg hunt I won a new water bottle type thing. Smiled and said thank you, but thought to myself, "Great, I'll add it to the ten other 10 bottles we've got kicking around."

I'm here to tell you that that I love this bottle! It's insulated with stainless steel so the liquids stay cold for a very long time - the ice 18 hours or more. I drink a lot of club soda and can put it in there because there's a little gap around where the straw fits in. (The sealed bottles often squirt carbonated liquids back out.)

The 24 oz size is perfect - can put in a lot of ice plus the whole 12 oz from the can. Anyway, DH expressed some envy so I ordered one for him. Found it at Walmart for $9.98. Funny thing is I was working on a grocery pick up order from WM anyway. I detest shopping there, particularly when it comes to checking out, but their pickup process is easy-peasy lemon-squeezy.

Am hitting the produce store and Aldi today anyway, so I'll grab my WM order while out and about.

View attachment 221966
I want that one...all my drinks bottles of that type either leak or don't keep things cold for long... sadly we don't have Walmart

I had the money in my checking account.
So funny - we don't finance cars either, and that always seems to take the sales people by surprise. Last time, the sales manager pulled us aside and asked if we had any CCs offering points. (Sure do.) He told us that the dealership had a blanket offer that they'd put up to $5000 on a CC without charging any extra for it. So we paid for the car with $5K on the CC plus a check and got $100 worth of points on our CC. This was Feb. 2019, right before the pandemic, so dealerships were loaded with inventory...

Your car looks great, Dave, congratulations on getting what you wanted! May you enjoy it in the best of health.

I had to look that up to know what you are talking about. Looks like fun. I bookmarked the page and may buy myself a few. :D
When I do another Zoom, I'll likely be wearing one. :)

Today, however, I am at (or will be) the rescue and I have a feeling one of my ponytail extensions would look either too scary to too yummy to somebody and I'll end up getting it chewed off my head. LOL

Last edited:

View attachment 221966
While out shopping at TJMaxx the other day, my friend bought me one of these/those. Total surprise. Cause I'm always carrying around my plastic water bottle wherever we go. It's hot pink and insulated too. Reminds me of a thermos. Will be using it later today.

I just noticed this morning that mine and estranged hubs 2 for one.. runs out tomorrow ...no biggie I already have a single with a few months left on it.. Incidentally do you use your bus pass in England?
I can use it on services that cross the border.Which means I can go to Bristol,Several parts of Gloucestershire and Hereford.
Takes ages though!
But I must not break my journey.
Otherwise no.
I’m off to Bristol tomorrow -by train-but I’ll have a Plus Bus ticket for travel around Bristol.

Stopped in a department store and spent more time and money than usual wandering around a near empty store. It’s Sunday of a holiday weekend so quiet is usual. Tried on several things. Had been looking at a linen dress in XS (not my size) and since it hadn’t sold at a low price, I decided to see if I could get it over my head. It fit well except I was too lazy to take my jeans off. Once home, I decided it just doesn’t hang right so back it goes. Also tried on a white t-shirt, also in XS. The fancier the brand name, the smaller the size. I’m still not sure on that one. It may go back. Bought a ball cap in a heavier material for autumn and a cream blush. Tried on shoes and came home and ordered them in two smaller sizes. I like them enough to buy them even if they’re not on sale. Sure hope they fit.

I went to a real bookstore yesterday & bought a "Moon" book on Alaska. How's that for a guy that's doin' things and going places? You can't trap, you can't masks and you can't threaten this ole' road warriors. Very soon, it's gonna be "pedal to the metal" while I sing my blues away and leave them all behind. You can keep all your covids, all your masks and all your government mandates, I just gotta breath some of that free air. Enough is enough!

Attachments

• Moon Alaska.jpg
    Moon Alaska.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 0

Back