What have you bought recently?

I bought two 6' rugs for my kitchen, one for in front of the sink and the other for in front of the stove. :)

91Y3IW9gEoL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Was waiting for a delivery. This morning I said to my husband that I bet they’d postpone it until tomorrow. Sure enough, a couple of hours later that’s what they did. This consistently happens will this courier.

Going to do a return today. I’m still waiting for a couple of scarves from the same store. They were scheduled for last Thursday. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re lost.

Yesterday I ordered a set of 16 food colors because my granddaughter has an (apparently not uncommon) neuro sensitivity to red dye 40. GD has ADHD (as do I, my brother, and my sons, but not her mother, i.e., my daughter). The dye exacerbates her ADHD, really revving her up and making it difficult for her (or anyone within 10 yards of her) to sleep.

As she gets older, her sensitivity increases. After an evening of cookie decorating - and eating - last Saturday, it hit her pretty hard (and I feel terrible about that.) DD called Sunday morning asking me to check my food colorings. Sure enough - red dye 40 was listed in the ingredients. My existing 30+ food colors will hit the trash when these arrive.

The second coat I ordered from Land’s End was a major disappointment. The colour was blah and the fabric made a swishing noise with every movement. It was still too big. When my husband agrees with my opinion, I know it’s bad. I decided I was going to use a flat rate box for the return but the post office was sold out. I was even ready to use a large one that cost me $32. When I sent an email to the International shipping company, they said they’ll send me a special label and I only have to pay $13US. I’m fine with that.

Too bad I didn’t know that with the first coat. It cost me to ship it to my DD. Thankfully she loves it, so I don’t mind the cost. The royal blue was so pretty and the fabric was lovely.

Oh well, I won’t order from them again. I think LE sells lots of good things; it’s just too difficult with international exchanges.

Last edited:
I must stop Christmas shopping. I find more for myself than the person I am shopping for. Example is today I bought an Ember mug at $50 off for a family member then thought about my white Ember mug and the fact that it has become quite stained so I bought another darker colored one for myself. Help me convince myself I saved $100. Yesterday I ordered a candle for another relative and noticed I had to spend a little more to qualify for free shipping - so I ordered a couple of candles for me. Must stop now!

Sometimes I get myself a Christmas gift. As I mentioned in prior posts, I have a small passion for handbags. I've been eyeing this one for a while and it finally went on sale. I debated for two days and finally decided to get it.

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/product/tory-burch-kira-leather-tote-0400018049096.html?dwvar_0400018049096_color=REDSTONE GOLD
Love that bag Sista... you know I have a passion for bags myself...lol... I too buy myself a little Christmas gift.. and yesterday I ordered a new Jacket.. which should arrive tomorrow..
matalan_et-vous-at-matalan-boucle-blazer-blue-36_thumb.jpg

Bought an assortment of computer peripheral gadgets online for my laptop. Now to weed out the unused things I was sure I needed some day. Took the wife to our local Bi-mart (lotsa discount items found). Ginger snaps, orange sticks, misc paper products, unshelled peanuts, chocolate chips, 4 extra matching coffee cups (8 was not enough), her favorite tea (ugh!), of course her wine and a knife sharpener.

DD took me to run some errands, and I threw money away on the most exciting stuff! A book of stamps, some kitchen cleaner with bleach, a Christmas card, some 81mg aspirin, Kleenex, gallon-size zipper storage bags. I'm telling you, I just have to get my spending under control and learn to manage my money better💸💸💸

Back