What have you bought recently?

Waiting for a delivery of a brass kaleidoscope I ordered for the grandson for Christmas. It has been recheduled for this evening, we will see if it get here.

I went and looked on Amazon for Walker's Shortbread you all were discussing. I had ordered some many years ago, they are now so expensive, maybe Santa will bring some. They are so good. I have not been to Aldi's yet maybe they will have some at a better price!

From Walmart: The 3 packs of 100 paper plates were about $1.00 cheaper than the one pack of 300 paper plates. Also pictured Great Value lite mayo and 8 GV 6.4 oz pouch tuna. I already have 6 pouches here so I'll be good for awhile. I placed this order, which my son will pick up, to take advantage of the 5% cash back (ending with my Chase Freedom card) on Dec 31st.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 1.58.17 PM.jpeg

Large tarpaulins.... 4x4 metres
heavy-duty-pvc-tarpaulin-500x500.jpg

I have great difficulty getting paper coffee filter papers here - at least at a sensible price. I haven't even seen store brand ones.
However, no problem buying them in Europe at about 1/5th of UK price. I always bring back 4 or 5 packs of them from my trips abroad.
yes I remember you saying this in the past... I must ask my daughter if she has problems getting coffee filters..

Finally my Jacket came.. just got a text from the courier saying that it would be delivered between 7pm and 9pm... good thing I didn't go out because just 10 minutes later he knocked on the door with my parcel.. at 1.15pm.. very annoying because not only was he a day late with it.. he was about to leave it on my doorstep...

Bought lots of gift bags and tissue... at Family Dollar the large ones were only $1.25 and there were 2 smaller size for the same price...good deal and the bags were beautiful.

I detest wrapping presents, guess I've wrapped too many over the years what with the company office parties where we bought nice gifts for all the employee's children and all...lol.

Finally my Jacket came.. just got a text from the courier saying that it would be delivered between 7pm and 9pm... good thing I didn't go out because just 10 minutes later he knocked on the door with my parcel.. at 1.15pm.. very annoying because not only was he a day late with it.. he was about to leave it on my doorstep...
Do you love it? (the jacket).

Nothing, but the day is young.

Went out with DD and DGD for breakfast. They ate breakfast, but I'd already had coffee and one of the remaining scones so only went along for the company and to get outta The Hovel for a few minutes.

I forgot about yesterday! Piddled away about $30 on a new power cord adapter for my HD radio. Where the plug-in met the cord on the one I had got frayed and broke about six months ago. Didn't want to rush out and order another one until I thought about it for a while...

Just nipped out to Aldi for Bread and Milk and a few basics, because the snow is too thick to go any further.. ended up with a few more things than I went for .. but not a great deal...

Here's the receipt.. I thought I might make a comparison with prices for similar items where you are and how much they cost compared to mine..!
IMG-0444.jpg
In total there was 7 ..I Litre Cartons of Milk... 16, 1/2 litre bottles of water . 2 Packs of Lardons joined together.. I pound of Red and Green Grapes . The Red onion chutney is from their ''speciality range'' the Premium Toilet tissue has 32 rolls..

Holly, everything that I could compare to was much lower for you
A 300g pack of bacon runs $7.99 ($4.99 on sale).
Grapes are on sale for $2.99.
Premium TP at Costco is over $20 but I don’t know how many rolls.
4l/gallon of milk is $5.69.
A dozen regular eggs are $4.79. I know Free Range are considerably more. $6?
4 bananas cost me $1.37 this week.

Holly, everything that I could compare to was much lower for you
A 300g pack of bacon runs $7.99 ($4.99 on sale).
Grapes are on sale for $2.99.
Premium TP at Costco is over $20 but I don’t know how many rolls.
4l/gallon of milk is $5.69.
A dozen regular eggs are $4.79. I know Free Range are considerably more. $6?
4 bananas cost me $1.37 this week.
so from that list of yours Jules, I can see that your milk is a lot cheaper than ours... but everything else is more expensive..

Last edited:
Just nipped out to Aldi for Bread and Milk and a few basics, because the snow is too thick to go any further.. ended up with a few more things than I went for .. but not a great deal...

Here's the receipt.. I thought I might make a comparison with prices for similar items where you are and how much they cost compared to mine..!
IMG-0444.jpg
In total there was 7 ..I Litre Cartons of Milk... 16, 1/2 litre bottles of water . 2 Packs of Lardons joined together.. I pound of Red and Green Grapes . The Red onion chutney is from their ''speciality range'' the Premium Toilet tissue has 32 rolls..
Wow, great prices!

IMG-0444.jpg
list.jpg
We did our grocery provision shopping yesterday, I won't tell you how much, but there was an amusing scene at the till. The cashier told my wife the total price, I whipped out a handful of twenty pound notes and paid the bill. The lady behind me was smiling, I must have looked bemused because she said: "I just knew that you would pay in cash." "So did I," said a smiling cashier. "What did I do?" I said, expecting my wife to say something. Finally she said: "Old school, dear." "Maybe so," I replied, adding, "but we don't get annoying adverts," The lady behind and the cashier were both nodding in agreement. A cynic I may be, but if just one big national is denied my personal information then that makes my day.

I bought OOS Cornbread Flavoring, English Toffee NOW Better Stevia, Pork King pork rind crumbs, Sugar-Free Peach Syrup, Presto Toilet Paper, Curel Itch Defense skin lotion, Curel Foot lotion, Kleenex tissues 8 boxes and Quest Protein Salted Caramel shakes. All from Amazon.

3 Keto Bricks from Keto Brick.

My herbal medicinal tea from Herbal Healer.

Recently had two orders from Keto Chow which I already received.

Also had two orders already delivered from Woman Within.

A book for my Kindle yesterday.

Back