What have you bought recently?

View attachment 256215
We did our grocery provision shopping yesterday, I won't tell you how much, but there was an amusing scene at the till. The cashier told my wife the total price, I whipped out a handful of twenty pound notes and paid the bill. The lady behind me was smiling, I must have looked bemused because she said: "I just knew that you would pay in cash." "So did I," said a smiling cashier. "What did I do?" I said, expecting my wife to say something. Finally she said: "Old school, dear." "Maybe so," I replied, adding, "but we don't get annoying adverts," The lady behind and the cashier were both nodding in agreement. A cynic I may be, but if just one big national is denied my personal information then that makes my day.
In Aldi and Lidl..people pay by cash just as much as by Card.. the cashier always asks ''cash or card'' when she's rung through the items

"but we don't get annoying adverts," The lady behind and the cashier were both nodding in agreement. A cynic I may be, but if just one big national is denied my personal information then that makes my day.
Why do you think that using a CC means you will get advertising from that store. Unless I give the store my email address, which I don’t, they won’t be sending me any ads. I don’t get ads from any stores unless I choose to give them my email address. If they pester me, I unsubscribe.

Costco and Tesco shopping today.... As you all know I did some grocery shopping at Aldi yesterday.. but I do bulk grocery shopping and I wouldn't buy the majority of my groceries in Aldi.. so today I went to Tesco our major supermarket Chain for those who don't know.. and then to Costco...

In Tesco apart from 2 blouse/tops.. I mainly bought snacks and sweets for all over the festive period.. In Costco.. I got the usual food supplies, veggies.. bread .. meat etc...

Here's the Tesco receipt for you to compare.. ( the item in the middle for £5.50 was a personal item so I've edited that out... the 2 Curver recycled items are 2 small storage baskets..

IMG-0455.jpg

Why do you think that using a CC means you will get advertising from that store. Unless I give the store my email address, which I don’t, they won’t be sending me any ads. I don’t get ads from any stores unless I choose to give them my email address. If they pester me, I unsubscribe.
Well done you, for my part I wouldn't trust supermarkets, nor for that matter anyone who has taken payment by card or electronic gizmo.
This will help explain my scepticism.

I might or might not spend money today. I have $17.53 of "free" money from Kohl's...$10 Kohl's cash and $7.53 in my Kohl's "wallet" whatever that is. No idea how I came by that. DD, DGD and I are going to Kohl's this afternoon for no particular reason except to get out of the house. There's nothing I need or want.

Back