What have you bought recently?

it always amuses me as to why you guys never learned these words back in the day.. Bonnet=Hood...petrol - Gas ( why gas I wonder ?).. Boot= Trunk..lorry-Truck.... ... we do say ''also''...as well .. as '' as well '':D
Why "petrol"?

Today has been a day of parcel deliveries..

I got a box of dimmable bulbs for the Hive controlled Lamps...

Some water cleansing tablets for the bird bottles and baths ..

2 more reusable washable masks 4 ply thickness with pockets for the filters..

and these 2 pairs of water shoes that @PopsnTuff suggested I try to stop me slipping in the shower..

IMG-6831.jpg
IMG-6834.jpg

and these 2 pairs of water shoes that @PopsnTuff suggested I try to stop me slipping in the shower..

IMG-6831.jpg
IMG-6834.jpg
They look fashionable enough to wear when you go out. I like those blue ones, but I can't wear shoes that are closed in anymore.

I have gone overboard on Amazon lately. I wanted to buy a second air purifier but didn't want to spend the money till next month. Then last night on FB one of my downstairs neighbors posted one for sale for $20 and it only needed a new filter. So I bought that from her this morning and ordered the filters for it from Amazon. Both together was less than buying another brand new one.

They look fashionable enough to wear when you go out. I like those blue ones, but I can't wear shoes that are closed in anymore.
apparently people wear those to walk across slippery rocks by the coast, etc.. the tops are made of a kind of nylon sock-like material, and the soles have a rubber grip, extremely lightweight..almost like socks in fact

OMG, Pamela, your mention of worn out pantie elastics rang a bell with me! LOL!

Back in the day when I was a busy mom with a house full of little ones, it wasn't unheard of for me to go days... sometimes weeks, wearing old worn-out granny panties fastened with a diaper pin to keep them on (and up), until I had the time to go shopping for new ones!
LOL

IMG-6831.jpg
IMG-6834.jpg
They look kinda similar to the surf/water shoes I bought recently.
I do wear them out- that's why I bought them. When I started reading coronavirus can end up on shoe soles, I decided to buy something that's easy to clean.

@Pinky , I wore those shoes in the shower today..they're excellent. There's no slippage at all. The only thing was that I couldn't work out how my feet would get washed so I held onto the grip bar and took one off at a time to wash my feet, and surprisingly even though they were soaking wet, they went back on again easily.. ., and also when I took them off after I got out of the shower, they didn't drip everywhere, so I just hung them up on the grip bar to dry . I highly recommend them (y)

Barber clippers & a 2" guide comb for it. Also purchased some masks with filters & respirators on them with adjustable ear elastic.

Today I went shopping for tools. I needed a metric wrench and I bought a set of metric size wrenches. My car is all metric bolts and nuts.
But going through the tool outlet was like being in a candy store for me. I bought stuff at real good prices. I could have stayed there all day just looking.
Jigsaw blade set. BBQ Lighter. Wrecking bar. Detail Sandpaper for a sander I have.
Paint for a plastic chair.
Then went next door to Value Village. Picked up a photo frame for the one I have that just died.
Next purchase will be a step ladder. Need to fix a ceiling fan and it will be good for painting and cleaning. We just got a COVID payment from the government in the mail. A one time payment to seniors getting the old age pension. I'm going to spend it all to stimulate the economy. That's what everyone should do. Don't bank it is what I tell my friends.

Today I went shopping for tools. I needed a metric wrench and I bought a set of metric size wrenches. My car is all metric bolts and nuts.
But going through the tool outlet was like being in a candy store for me. I bought stuff at real good prices. I could have stayed there all day just looking.
Jigsaw blade set. BBQ Lighter. Wrecking bar. Detail Sandpaper for a sander I have.
Paint for a plastic chair.
Then went next door to Value Village. Picked up a photo frame for the one I have that just died.
Next purchase will be a step ladder. Need to fix a ceiling fan and it will be good for painting and cleaning. We just got a COVID payment from the government in the mail. A one time payment to seniors getting the old age pension. I'm going to spend it all to stimulate the economy. That's what everyone should do. Don't bank it is what I tell my friends.
I now possess a regular & a metric lug wrench I don't even change tires anymore.

Back