What have you bought recently?

I bought an Identity theft stamp.... it arrived this morning. Why didn't I buy one of these years ago, this thing is fantastic..🙃 I've already got rid of 2 whole file boxes of papers which would normally take me forever to shred !! Fast and brilliant..
61udsVqLppL._SY355_.jpg

Some little tiny things are the most useful of all....

Oh, wow! Didn't realize such a thing existed! I have so many papers to shred. Am about to do a 'lil online shopping... :)

Oh, wow! Didn't realize such a thing existed! I have so many papers to shred. Am about to do a 'lil online shopping... :)
Annie get the one with the 3 free ink refills......the trick to using it is to just roll it over the address/info once. If you roll it more than once it becomes inky and see through...

Last edited:
I bought an Identity theft stamp.... it arrived this morning. Why didn't I buy one of these years ago, this thing is fantastic..🙃 I've already got rid of 2 whole file boxes of papers which would normally take me forever to shred !! Fast and brilliant..
61udsVqLppL._SY355_.jpg

Some little tiny things are the most useful of all....
I just ordered one! :love: Never knew about these before.

I just ordered one! :love: Never knew about these before.
You'll love it RR... I've known about them for years, and just dismissed them in my mind thinking they probably wouldn't work very well... but I have so many file boxes to clear out I thought I'd give it a try, and I'm so glad I did. I just sat with all the papers on the table and whipped through it all so quickly :D

Blah, a water heater. Had it installed today. Don't have to carry water up to the bathroom anymore. Why do these appliances always break down on Friday afternoons.

Uggh. Mine died a few days ago. I'm bathing at my parents and using disposable dishes at my house hoping to find a good deal in the next few days while visiting a nearby city.

A watch on Amazon. Got it to replace my Seiko Diver's watch that gave up the ghost last week. So far I like it a lot.
I also took my Seiko to a local watch repair place. I figured it would be too expensive to fix because a comparable new one would only cost about $225 on Amazon. What they told me was that it's not cost effective labor wise to fix an inexpensive watch so what they do is completely gut it and put whole new insides into it. The cost for that was $130. While $130 is a lot to put into a $225 dollar watch I went ahead and did it anyway. So now I have two watches.

That's very usual for me to do something like that but the Seiko was kind of significant to me. Although I only bought it 4 years ago it was the same model (SKX173) as the one I bought back in 1971 when I was in Vietnam. That one I got for $30 bucks. I really liked that watch but when I wrote home to my wife she got all upset because she had bought me this friggin Acutron which she had paid $110 bucks for and she took me having that Seiko as a snub to her gift. $110 bucks in 1971 is equivalent to about $700 bucks today and let me tell you that Acutron was the biggest piece of crap watch I ever owned. It died after about a year and cost me $42 bucks to repair. $42 bucks in 1972 is equivalent to about $260 bucks in todays money. So that made almost a grand invested in a watch that broke down again in another year. After that I just bought El Cheapo Timex watches, which for what they cost are pretty decent watches. But I always regretted getting rid of that Seiko at my ex wife's behest. Then finally, about 4 years ago I decided to get one like it from Amazon. So anyway, that's the story of why I decided to keep that one even though I bought a new one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016R90VBK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
index.jpg

seiko-diver-automatic-men_s-watch-skx173.jpg

Last edited:
This week I bought a floor mop to save me washing the floors on hands and knees ..a couple of silicon brushes and dustpans for hubs to have in his shed so maybe he'll clear up his own mess instead of me.. a space-saving trouser hanger for 6 pairs of jeans on one hanger.. a triple tupperwear snap on style box which slots into each other with the food inside each container ( another space-saver).... A pair of Denim knee high shorts..

Several other things I can't remember now... and I'm just about to order some Biotin supplements online..

BTW @AnnieA and @RadishRose , did you get the identity remover stamp..? ☺

I bought/rescued a Hubley #189 cast iron door stop similar to this one at the Sally Ann thrift shop for $1.07

s-l300.jpg

The good news is that I dropped off a box of assorted bric-a-brac so I feel like I'm ahead of the game.

I need to stop buying things, repeat after me... if you can't eat it you don't need it! :)

Do you buy much online?

Do you prefer to shop in the brick & mortar stores...?

Did you recently get a great bargain, or feel you've paid too much for something ?

Come and share what you've bought in either ....

This week we bought a new Electric telescopic Pole tree saw.. .. which arrived today..alongside a gallon of oil for it..

electric-pruner-8-amp-telescoping-2-in-1-pole-saw-tree-trimmer-chainsaw-high-speed-grape-pruning-s.jpg

Still waiting for half the order to arrive even tho' we paid for a specific date for delivery

This town is so limited I do a lot of shopping on Amazon Holly. The last thing I bought was a new supply of "makings" for my facewash. I bought that bike on Amazon, still can't believe that it fit me so well after I got it all together. I had sent back 2 bikes from Walmart already. Luckily that was easy to return those because I was to pickup "in store".

I am super happy for the price I paid for the bike. It's built pretty well, sturdy feeling to it, plus the fact I know almost every "screw" on it is tight enough etc. Clothing is the one I'm having issues with as we don't have anything but Walmart here, and I can get all the "play-clothes" I need but nothing really nice. I need a swimsuit badly, but can't find an online shop with one I like yet.

I'm hoping lot's of folks reply to your post because maybe someone will know a good site for clothes that isn't to expensive, but no cheapies either, middle of the road ;) I wanted to also mention I love my Prime membership with the free shipping. It's so worth it for me ;)

I bought/rescued a Hubley #189 cast iron door stop similar to this one at the Sally Ann thrift shop for $1.07

s-l300.jpg

The good news is that I dropped off a box of assorted bric-a-brac so I feel like I'm ahead of the game.

I need to stop buying things, repeat after me... if you can't eat it you don't need it! :)
I do love my thriftshops, although I only have St. Vincent D'Paul here in town. Half price Tuesday is fun to go to;) I'm trying to think of the last thing I got there, but I'm thinking something for my soffit ;)

Back