What have you bought recently?

I bought a new knife (another one I have several) This one has it all, a blade, bottle opener, saw blade, chain attachment so you don't loose it, wrench, wire cutter, 3 screw drivers, jar opener, nut cracker, file, can opener, nail prier, ruler, belt carrier (to big to carry in pocket) It is similar to a Swiss, stainless steel and just what I had to have If anyone cares, Sweetie wasn't impressed so I am doing without my usual bottle of MD.

I'm looking for an all-in-one tool for my bike-rides. There are a lot to choose from so I just have to choose :unsure:

Nothing , but I'm perusing new cars as we speak.. very frustrating, I just can't find the type of car I want in my price bracket... , as soon as I find something I like the reviews let it down.. irritating, I need to take a break!!
I hear you on those reviews, but if there are enough negative saying much the same thing, I decide to look elsewhere too Holly ;)

A new kitchen faucet.
I couldn't turn on the old one all the way, and the spout was hard to move, so I watched some YouTube DIY saying it was an easy fix. Haha, I took the stupid thing apart, wasn't easy, cleaned everything and put it back together. I turned on the water but when I turned on the faucet, water shot out everywhere but the spout like you see on TV. Tried a couple other things including asking the neighbor guy's opinion, didn't help.
My son came over yesterday and installed the new faucet 123. No problem. No more YouTube for me for a while.😠

What did you get @charry ?? Sounds wonderful since mine I think is on it's last leg. I would have to make payments though so I am avoiding it like the plague, LOL!!

i got the mercedes Gla denise........hubbys choice, im just the driver , i think........
i cant believe this car.....No Handbreak, and the gears are on a lever on the righthand side....phew......But ..a lovely car , i must admit .......

This week I bought a floor mop to save me washing the floors on hands and knees ..a couple of silicon brushes and dustpans for hubs to have in his shed so maybe he'll clear up his own mess instead of me.. a space-saving trouser hanger for 6 pairs of jeans on one hanger.. a triple tupperwear snap on style box which slots into each other with the food inside each container ( another space-saver).... A pair of Denim knee high shorts..

Several other things I can't remember now... and I'm just about to order some Biotin supplements online..

BTW @AnnieA and @RadishRose , did you get the identity remover stamp..? ☺
Yes, Holly, I did and I love it. Thanks for the tip! :D

i got the mercedes Gla denise........hubbys choice, im just the driver , i think........
i cant believe this car.....No Handbreak, and the gears are on a lever on the righthand side....phew......But ..a lovely car , i must admit .......
that's interesting Charry because while out looking for a "used" vehicle, a guy wanted me to try this Mercedes!! I laughed and told him it was way outa my reach, but come to find out it was way low. That made me wonder right away, lol! But I drove it for the heck of it. It had that gear thingy you speak of. It was neat, but anything go wrong, the maintenance for me, would have been way outa my reach ;) Nice rigs though, and fun to drive ;)

that's interesting Charry because while out looking for a "used" vehicle, a guy wanted me to try this Mercedes!! I laughed and told him it was way outa my reach, but come to find out it was way low. That made me wonder right away, lol! But I drove it for the heck of it. It had that gear thingy you speak of. It was neat, but anything go wrong, the maintenance for me, would have been way outa my reach ;) Nice rigs though, and fun to drive ;)

yes ,denise...well not that cheap when you lease , which i have ....3 yrs lease......but ive also taken out a maintenance deal.....which is very expensive ..but hassle free driving for 3 yrs......And its a brand new car ....🙂

I had to buy a new roof! $$$$ Not much fun, but after the last storm I had all kinds of leaks and my roof was about 25 years old and on borrowed time anyway. If I come back in a next life, I will NEVER have a flat roof. Most roofs (at least on older houses) around here are flat -- pueblo style house with a flat roof.
I feel ya.... I know what you mean about a flat roof...!! At our second home in Spain we have a solarium flat roof...and it's a PITA...in the time we've owned it around 20 years we've had to have it repaired 3 times, and the house was only 15 years old when we bought it . Granted one repair was due to a tornado but even so..! OTOH, I've had this house in England for 40 years and only once have had to renew tiles on the gable roof, and the house is now 65 years old

I feel ya.... I know what you mean about a flat roof...!! At our second home in Spain we have a solarium flat roof...and it's a PITA...in the time we've owned it around 20 years we've had to have it repaired 3 times, and the house was only 15 years old when we bought it . Granted one repair was due to a tornado but even so..! OTOH, I've had this house in England for 40 years and only once have had to renew tiles on the gable roof, and the house is now 65 years old
Now that's quality!!

Since I last posted a couple of weeks ago I've bought quite a bit!!

3 Pairs of Knee-length leather boots ( Brown, black and a dark shade of Burgundy wine)... a pair of slip on sketchers, & several winter jumpers!!
Bought some new plants...at the garden centre

had my Haircut last week ...and today I paid for new reading glasses.. .. ££££'s..:geek:

There's other stuff but I can't think of it at the moment ( it's late)... :unsure:

The find of the week was an Ethan Allen Georgian Court tea table similar to this one at the local Salvation Army thrift shop.

1960s-queen-anne-ethan-allen-tea-table-9276

I saw a rug that would look perfect in my (tiny) kitchen but the only sizes were too big. I commented on the website that I needed a smaller size...4'x7'...and lo, and behold! the ad showed up again the next day for the same rug in a 4'x7' size. Did I buy it? Yup. And didn't even look up the company. They've been very forthcoming with info on manufacturing, shipping, etc., with almost-daily emails so maybe I'll get lucky and won't have piddled away my $$. Fingers crossed.

When I've bought anything online up until now, I've research unfamiliar sellers, but I really, really wanted that rug and have been admiring it online for months.

New prescription progressive transition glasses, my Optometrist wrote a wonderful script. I love them they are multicolored including the colors purple aqua brown and sand since we just relocated to Florida I thought it was a fitting style.

New prescription progressive transition glasses, my Optometrist wrote a wonderful script. I love them they are multicolored including the colors purple aqua brown and sand since we just relocated to Florida I thought it was a fitting style.
That's both of us who've got new specs this week then.. (y) mine won't be ready until next week...

Back