What have you bought recently?

I am at the cottage in Wilberforce and we visited the Princess Sodalite Mine (Bancroft) rock shop yesterday. Bought Labradorite stones from Madagascar, Apatite from Monmouth and of course, Sodalite from the mine. My parents were rockhounds and us kids took our little rock hammers on rock trips to see if we could find some nice stones (don't remember finding any) but we had a great time tripping through the quarries.

I am at the cottage in Wilberforce and we visited the Princess Sodalite Mine (Bancroft) rock shop yesterday. Bought Labradorite stones from Madagascar, Apatite from Monmouth and of course, Sodalite from the mine. My parents were rockhounds and us kids took our little rock hammers on rock trips to see if we could find some nice stones (don't remember finding any) but we had a great time tripping through the quarries.
Who knew there were so many "ite" stone types!

When at the dollar store last week, I found one box of 17 plastic covers that look like shower caps. 3 sizes. It may have been the last box. Now that I’ve started using them, I realize they’re really handy and better than Saran Wrap.
you mean like these ?

61FZe4XumAL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I went on line to buy three extra long t-shirts for about $25. The final total was $58+. I looked at the bill and they wanted $18 for shipping. Needless to say I cancelled. I buy online groceries from Walmart and Amazon and always make sure I spend enough for free shipping. I don't trust on line sellers when it comes to declaring shipping costs.

Bought something exciting today .. :LOL: ... Wasp spray! (3 cans)
For 3 years, I have not been bothered by any flying insects up on my 3rd floor patio - nothing. ..didn't think bugs would fly up here ..lol
Now, this week, I am seeing wasps flying into my shade screen every afternoon .. two or three sometimes.
Time to nip it in the bud!

Had to buy a new coffee maker today. One of us , me, drinks decaffeinated, the other drinks caffeinated. We make hers first...everything goes fine. Set it aside and put the old pot underneath and start mine. Ten minutes later and she yells, this is not working! Water and coffee grounds are spilling out! The old pot isn't the exact same height, and doesn't reach the trigger to start pouring into the pot ( ya know when you pour a cup the coffee maker stops ), so it was just filling the basket and overflowing! Yikes! Oh well...we will have to use the new one as the "brewer" and use the two older pots as "His and Hers" coffee pots. :LOL:

Bought something exciting today .. :LOL: ... Wasp spray! (3 cans)
For 3 years, I have not been bothered by any flying insects up on my 3rd floor patio - nothing. ..didn't think bugs would fly up here ..lol
Now, this week, I am seeing wasps flying into my shade screen every afternoon .. two or three sometimes.
Time to nip it in the bud!
Same here: practically never get wasps here but this year, there are a lot hanging around my geraniums.

Bought a pair of blk sandals online from Kohl's. They have a 1" heel so they'll gv me a little bit of height.

And, my nephew bought me a new TV for my bedroom...a 40" surprise. My old one died at he the 1 yr mark and he didn't want me messing w/the warranty..it was a hassle.
It will be delivered today..YAY.

Love that kid!
How I wish I had a nephew to buy me a new TV for the guest bedroom. It just doesn't want to work. Happened suddenly on Saturday.

It just dawned on me; we don't get much from anyone. I guess we were born to be the givers. I am in tears because I had not realized and/or thought about this til now. I will bug one niece about needing a new TV. lol

We can buy one, I'm just sad that no one gives us anything. One sister and her two daughters are the only ones who will think of us. Sometimes. I hope we will be remembered for all that we did when we are gone.

It's not that I want anything; I've never been one to ask. Reality just sunk in.... finally.

:cry:

Last edited:
It just dawned on me; we don't get much from anyone. I guess we were born to be the givers. I am in tears because I had not realized and/or thought about this til now. I will bug one niece about needing a new TV. lol

We can buy one, I'm just sad that no one gives us anything. One sister and her two daughters are the only ones who will think of us. Sometimes. I hope we will be remembered for all that we did when we are gone.

You know who gets me stuff? Oldest sons girlfriend, not my two oldest kids who I got stuff for all their lives, or ungrateful granddaughter who I got a lot for, nope; it’s the sons long time girlfriend.

I agree.

Every now and then you want them to think of you and get you something, anything. Once when I was in the hospital she fluffed my pillow. OMGOSH no one had ever done that for me. It’s so annoying. I’d accept a cookie, a donut, a candy bar just I was thinking of you something. 😂. Sounds childish, doesn’t it?

Still I agree with you.

You know who gets me stuff? Oldest sons girlfriend, not my two oldest kids who I got stuff for all their lives, or ungrateful granddaughter who I got a lot for, nope; it’s the sons long time girlfriend.

I agree.

Every now and then you want them to think of you and get you something, anything. Once when I was in the hospital she fluffed my pillow. OMGOSH no one had ever done that for me. It’s so annoying. I’d accept a cookie, a donut, a candy bar just I was thinking of you something. 😂. Sounds childish, doesn’t it?

Still I agree with you.
A co-worker who'd raised 2 sons as a single mother told me that she never got even a birthday or Mothers Day card, let alone a gift, from either of her 2 sons until they got married; so she knew darn well it was her daughters-in-law's doing.

A co-worker who'd raised 2 sons as a single mother told me that she never got even a birthday or Mothers Day card, let alone a gift, from either of her 2 sons until they got married; so she knew darn well it was her daughters-in-law's doing.
My son and daughter get me birthday and Christmas, gift card, or I demand to know why they didn’t 😂 and I demand those little gift cards 😊

It's not that I want anything; I've never been one to ask. Reality just sunk in.... finally.

Trust me...this is the first time anyone (except sis) has ever bought me anything! I've given to these kids when they were younger and I had $$$.
It's not like it happens all the time, especially for me....

I understand.

Back