What have you bought recently?

@hollydolly, that $23.88 + $9.90 shipping + taxes and then conversion to $US puts it around $40. If I don’t like it, then there are conversion losses and hoops to jump through for a return. It’s a total PITA dealing with Amazon US. I’m going to check out the Canadian site for something similar. Thanks for the idea though.
that was amazon.com...not amazon uk... I got mine at Amazon UK.. but I posted the link to Amazon.com for you..didn't realise it would cost so much for it to be delivered from the .com site..sorry...

Here you are @Jules ...Amazon.ca https://www.amazon.ca/Slouchy-Fleec...f+mask+warm+winter+knitted+hat,aps,121&sr=8-2

images
Order a bunch of these, Holly please. Judging from the Likes, There seems to be a lot of takers for it, myself included! :giggle::LOL::ROFLMAO::love::love::love:

Today was a rare one - I didn’t enjoy shopping.

First stop was a drug store. It was so busy even the street parking was full. We left.
Second was a restaurant that we like for lunch. Just so-so today.
Third was another drug store that was out of what we wanted
Fourth, the grocery store that we couldn’t find a parking spot at last week. Ended up paying for parking on the street. Even though food was on sale, the total price sure was high.
Fifth, back to the first drug store. The item my husband wanted seems to be cancelled. We both searched for an alternative. I bought a new moisturizer.

Order a bunch of these, Holly please. Judging from the Likes, There seems to be a lot of takers for it, myself included! :giggle::LOL::ROFLMAO::love::love::love:
I wouldn't ordinarily buy a hat with a peaked cap, but as Jules already said.. the peak means we can wear our specs when it's raining or snowing and still be able to see... and that's the reason I got one of this type.... My daughter wear a similar one in black when walking the dogs in winter..eveb tho' she doesn't wear specs . I remember she had another one the year she visted New York and the snow was knee deep.. I'll see if I can find a picture, it was about 10 years ago..

View attachment 252047
I haven't actually bought this, but I have ordered the fabric and liner. My wife has an original late 1940's pattern, she feels confident that she can make it. But she adds that I mustn't pressure her, so it might not be ready by Christmas. The pattern is different in that it's double breasted and has wide lapels.

The fabric is nice. I have noticed on previous photos you have posted of the jackets your wife has made previously, that she always gets the stripes perfect.

In a moment of madness I went shopping for some warm clothing to wear indoors this winter.. and forgot it was Black Friday... :eek: town was absolutely packed solid, had to drive around from one car park to another before finally finding a space in the 3rd one where I had to pay to park!!

Anyway I managed to get some nice and cheap things to wear... for a total of £52... which included .. 2 pairs of thick fur lined leggings.. 3 vests various colours ( Tank tops to Americans I think )...
bp-st103fs-thumblarge.jpg
... 3 Fleece lined sweatshirts.. Petrol Blue, Black and Chocolate brown... a Pair of Black cropped leggings.. .. pretty good for the price I think... then in another store I got some Green stretch jeans ..

Even got me a Coke and a Macdonalds Cheeseburger while I was in town.. I rarely ever buy Maccy-Dees.. but I noticed that a regular coke is now only roughly half the size it 's always been and they're charging the same price for it.. only 8 fl oz ..

In a moment of madness I went shopping for some warm clothing to wear indoors this winter.. and forgot it was Black Friday... :eek: town was absolutely packed solid, had to drive around from one car park to another before finally finding a space in the 3rd one where I had to pay to park!!

Anyway I managed to get some nice and cheap things to wear... for a total of £52... which included .. 2 pairs of thick fur lined leggings.. 3 vests various colours ( Tank tops to Americans I think )...
bp-st103fs-thumblarge.jpg
... 3 Fleece lined sweatshirts.. Petrol Blue, Black and Chocolate brown... a Pair of Black cropped leggings.. .. pretty good for the price I think... then in another store I got some Green stretch jeans ..

Even got me a Coke and a Macdonalds Cheeseburger while I was in town.. I rarely ever buy Maccy-Dees.. but I noticed that a regular coke is now only roughly half the size it 's always been and they're charging the same price for it.. only 8 fl oz ..
Wow! You scored big time with all those purchases hd. (y)

Cucumbers @ a Latin market that had them 4 for $1.00 I like cucumber salad with raw onions a little black pepper sprinkled over a sour cream dressing. After stopping there picked up my cholesterol med & noticed Von's supermarket had cucumbers for 79 cents each.

A used treadmill at the thrift store. Not a very good one, but they say they tested it and it works. I'm always looking for things to jazz up my exercise program.

I paid for it and will pick it up on Saturday.
I have a treadmill at home, bought it last year, and tbh apart from the first flurry of exercise I don't use it as much as I thought I would..and should... I usually only do about 10 minutes or so once or twice a week.. before my knee gives up on me

Back