What have you bought recently?

Now, this table I got comes with a silly me story.
When my neighbour and his son unpacked the table in the garage…..i put a sheet down on the middle of kitchen floor, and had them put all the legs, brace, and top on the sheet……so I could just drag it to the living room in the morning for me to put it together…..didn’t want it in the living room last nite…..because the guys couldn’t have playtime there.

So……
I was thinking to myself…..that will be a good thing for me to trip over last nite or this morning.
Well…..I told you…..it happened…..tripped over it early this morning……and my toe next to my little toe on my left foot is a beautiful colour of BLACK and BLUE.

Silly me. 🥴🙄🙃🥴.

Now, this table I got comes with a silly me story.
When my neighbour and his son unpacked the table in the garage…..i put a sheet down on the middle of kitchen floor, and had them put all the legs, brace, and top on the sheet……so I could just drag it to the living room in the morning for me to put it together…..didn’t want it in the living room last nite…..because the guys couldn’t have playtime there.

So……
I was thinking to myself…..that will be a good thing for me to trip over last nite or this morning.
Well…..I told you…..it happened…..tripped over it early this morning……and my toe next to my little toe on my left foot is a beautiful colour of BLACK and BLUE.

Silly me. 🥴🙄🙃🥴.
Ouch @MickaC ! Don't think up any more accidents.

Paragon of financial virtue that I am, I didn't spend any money today.

Maybe tomorrow, though. I mean...the garden centers will be crawling with people on Saturday and Sunday. I'm positively peopled out and don't wanna stand in line at a checkout forfreakingever.

Anyway probably not a good idea to spend any money until the politicians decide whether or not we'll get our social security checks in June.

OTOH...there are flowers just waiting to be adopted into a good garden home.

Today I had to have my nails done..usual monthly manicure and paint job... bought groceries in 2 separate supermarkets.. including some food storage containers.. but that's all. I may go to Costco tomorrow.. , it's a holiday weekend ( and week here ).. so it might all be very quiet or it could be manic..

Last edited:
My washing machine packed it in a couple of weeks ago, so I went online to look for a bargain.
A large store near me was advertising Washers, Fridges and most electrical appliances which had good discounts. I rang them up and the salesman asked how old my dead washer was and I told him 17 years. He said, "I think you've had a good run with it". and gave me a good discount which I couldn't resist. They came the next day, installed it and took the old machine away., all included in the price. I was happy as a pig in poo.

Computer set up plus other stuff not all bought today. Planned for in retirement wife has no problem buying what she wants. She liked the other PC she just bought but thought I should have that one. So she bought this recent computer stuff for herself.

Arriving tomorrow by 10 PM
Track package
OFFICEJOY Computer Desk Cart Home Office Desk, Mobile Laptop Table Workstation Writing Desk Study Desk with Keyboard Tray, Printer Shelf on Wheels

Arriving June 1 - June 6
Track package
Furmax Office Chair Mid Back Swivel Lumbar Support Desk Chair, Computer Ergonomic Mesh Chair with Armrest (Black)

Delivered May 25
Lenovo IdeaCentre 5 Gaming Desktop, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700 Processor, GeForce RTX 3060, 64GB RAM, 2TB PCIe SSD, RJ45, HDMI, DP, Wired KB & Mouse, Wi-Fi 6, Windows 11 Home, Black
Your package was left near the front door or porch.

Asus AX3000 (Pce-AX58BT) Next-Gen WiFi 6 Dual Band PCIe Wireless Adapter with Bluetooth 5.0 - Ofdma, 2x2 MU-Mimo and Wpa3 Security,Black
Return or replace items: Eligible through June 20, 2023

Delivered May 20
TP-Link AXE5400 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router (Archer AXE75)- Gigabit Wireless Internet Router, ax Router for Gaming, VPN Router, OneMesh, WPA3
Return or replace items: Eligible through June 19, 2023

Wife sure is good at charging stuff, my job is to pay the credit card.

Credit card
Transaction Summary
(Apr 27 - Today)
Pending Transactions (2)
$114.10
Posted Transactions (47)
$4,039.51

The older computers still work good so will remove the hard drives & donate them.

Nothing exciting.. just groceries from Costco..oh and I got 10 pairs of gardening gloves at Costco for £6..something . I might bag up half and send them to my DD.. I also sent a parcel to her today that I bought from temu..of a cool mat for her dog who has dementia.. and a steering wheel sun cover.. ( I think I posted about them on here the other day )..

Well….did the grocery thing….expensive as usual….nothing I needed was on sale.
Silly me…..must start weighting stuff before I buy…..there was only green bananas, bought 6, they probably wouldn’t ripen, maybe just turn to wood, but I got 6 anyway.
They were no grapes.
Decided to get apples for a change……WOW !!!!!!…..got 6, checked the receipt when I got home….$12.50 for 6 Mac apples…..need to weigh stuff before I buy 🙁😒😕.
The only cheap things that I got were bananas, 6 for $2.73, and 2 - 2quart skim milk @$3.92 each.

Sobeys…..here I come. 😉🥴😊😉.

Yesterday at the County Show I bought a pair of High quality Leggings ( Jodhpurs )...which look so much better than normal leggings.. . My daughter only ever buys jodhpurs , never normal leggings, because she does a lot of working and exercising with the dogs, and the jodhpurs last forever..

I also got 2 Linen/Cheesecloth shirts, one in Navy the other in Royal Blue.. also got a pair of Black knee length shorts.. and a new Lap tray.

The one I have is years old... so it's time for a change...

I also stopped at the garden centre on the way home and got a bag of Pebbles

After nine months with our skittish, completely uncommunicative dog, the accidents have reduced but not stopped completely. We set timers to remind us to let him out if we think he hasn't cleared his bowels completely, but don't always catch him at the right moment. (Fortunately, he doesn't pee inside.)

Am thinking of getting the Bissell Little Green Pet Portable Carpet Cleaner or similar. Has anyone used something like these, and if so, please let me know your impressions.

Thanks in advance!

Bissell.JPGBissell2.JPG

After nine months with our skittish, completely uncommunicative dog, the accidents have reduced but not stopped completely. We set timers to remind us to let him out if we think he hasn't cleared his bowels completely, but don't always catch him at the right moment. (Fortunately, he doesn't pee inside.)

Am thinking of getting the Bissell Little Green Pet Portable Carpet Cleaner or similar. Has anyone used something like these, and if so, please let me know your impressions.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 286718View attachment 286719
I have the LITTLEGREEN Pet Deluxe……bought so many years ago, don’t remember when exactly……does a great job…..still going strong.

Y'all would be proud of me. I didn't spend any money today. I was gonna buy ice cream, but DD came in the store to get a few things and paid for my ice cream, too.

I'm gonna try hard not to spend any money before Thursday (because Thursday is payday and also the day my pension is deposited). However...I have Tuesday off...stay tuned.
I'll be proud of you the day you actually SPEND money... :sneaky::LOL:

It has been many years since I went a garage sale. Had a short morning walk and spotted one. Bought a pub glass that I thought DH liked for his water; wrong, not that one. $.25 wasted. A box of compostable bags for the small compost container. $1 for 20. We’ll see about that one. I’d never pay full price. Conclusion, won’t be going to a garage sale for a few more years.

Except for food which I buy locally, I buy almost everything else online. Clothes and all.
My most recent purchase this past week was a Dryer Heating Element Thermal Cut Off Kit with Thermistor & Thermal Fuse.

The nice single, cute 44yr old full time Nursing student and part time waitress in a local upscale restaurant that lives alone in a 3bdrm rental house across the street from me and whose yard I keep maintained, was having trouble with her clothes dryer and I really thought I could fix it.
... it didn't fix it D'OH ... and I offered to buy her a new clothes dryer which she refused. Her dad is a retired military veteran like myself but much older, and has more than once thanked me for looking out for his Jenny. I just like helping friends and neighbors and there's nothing else to it.

qnu233N.jpg

It has been many years since I went a garage sale. Had a short morning walk and spotted one. Bought a pub glass that I thought DH liked for his water; wrong, not that one. $.25 wasted. A box of compostable bags for the small compost container. $1 for 20. We’ll see about that one. I’d never pay full price. Conclusion, won’t be going to a garage sale for a few more years.
0.25 that's a terrible waste of money... I'm not surprised you have PTSD about going to another garage sale.. :sneaky::LOL:

Except for food which I buy locally, I buy almost everything else online. Clothes and all.
My most recent purchase this past week was a Dryer Heating Element Thermal Cut Off Kit with Thermistor & Thermal Fuse.

The nice single, cute 44yr old full time Nursing student and part time waitress in a local upscale restaurant that lives alone in a 3bdrm rental house across the street from me and whose yard I keep maintained, was having trouble with her clothes dryer and I really thought I could fix it.
... it didn't fix it D'OH ... and I offered to buy her a new clothes dryer which she refused. Her dad is a retired military veteran like myself but much older, and has more than once thanked me for looking out for his Jenny. I just like helping friends and neighbors and there's nothing else to it.

qnu233N.jpg
very kind of you, Naturally... if you ever find yourself on this side of the pond, I can find you a few things which could need a handyman to repair... :sneaky::D

Last edited:
On a whim, I bought a bright pink top without trying it on, when I did put it on, it was too big and too bright so, I will be taking it back next week. I may get something else as, because I have already spent the money, it's sort of free - right? ;)
Exactly right... and if you buy a second one that will mean you've only paid for one..kinda...:ROFLMAO:

I placed an order online with Home Depot this morning. I got a pedestal fan, and a Blackstone grill kit, and some Barkeeper's Friend cleanser. Several months ago Walmart had the Blackstone griddle on sale for half price, so I treated myself. I really like it! And it's 90° here (NY) and I wanted another fan to move the air through. I don't have AC and don't want it. The fan will be nice.

Back