What Is The Least Important Wardrobe Item In Your Public Appearance?

Back in the ‘70’s when I began my flying career, people dressed more respectable. Each year since, it seems that dressing for travel has gone downhill. Most people in first class still dress appropriately, except for those passengers that get bumped using their miles.

Women seem to dress nicer or more appropriate then men. Young guys generally dress in jeans and t-shirts. In the summer, shorts, muscle shirts and flip flops or slides. I never cared what people wore, but thought that it would be nice if they combed their hair. Some guys look like they rolled out of the sack and rushed to the airport. Note to guys: At least comb your hair, brush your teeth and spray on a little cologne.
I strongly prefer that men and women skip the scents, particularly on flights and other situations where people are trapped in close proximity for long periods of time. Even scented laundry products can be very irritating to my sinuses when I'm inhaling that "fresh scent" for six hours.

I strongly prefer that men and women skip the scents, particularly on flights and other situations where people are trapped in close proximity for long periods of time. Even scented laundry products can be very irritating to my sinuses when I'm inhaling that "fresh scent" for six hours.
I agree. Our doctor’s office even has a large sign on his wall not to wear any scents. However, you wouldn’t believe some of the smells guys can produce. One guy smelled like he hadn’t bathed in a week, another smelled like he bathed in onions, another smelled like he had crapped his pants. (We actually moved him. Very offensive to anyone near him. We gave him a choice; move to a new seat or get off the plane. And, I never had asked anyone to be removed from any of my planes, but he was close.)

Like the old rule states, “There are exceptions to every rule.” It definitely applied here. Given the choice, I would even preferred if he had on some Axe, which to me, takes my breath away if the person uses too much.

I agree. Our doctor’s office even has a large sign on his wall not to wear any scents. However, you wouldn’t believe some of the smells guys can produce. One guy smelled like he hadn’t bathed in a week, another smelled like he bathed in onions, another smelled like he had crapped his pants. (We actually moved him. Very offensive to anyone near him. We gave him a choice; move to a new seat or get off the plane. And, I never had asked anyone to be removed from any of my planes, but he was close.)

Like the old rule states, “There are exceptions to every rule.” It definitely applied here. Given the choice, I would even preferred if he had on some Axe, which to me, takes my breath away if the person uses too much.
Eek!

My dad rarely told stories about WWII unless they were somewhat amusing. One tale I never forgot: Apparently the guys used to call one mate "Stinky." When they couldn't bear his presence anymore a group of them would ambush him, throw him in the showers and stand there until he peeled and washed. With soap.

Eventually all they'd have to do is mention that it might be time for a group shower and he'd grudgingly head over and take care of it without assistance.

I believe those who wear perfume gradually lose their ability to smell it and thus wear more as time goes along, much to our distress.

I very rarely dress up preferring to wear T shirts and trousers most of the year round. I haven't worn a dress for a very long time. I have never liked dressing up, I am still rebelling, as my mother liked to put me in pretty clothes when I was a kid, I hated them. I was a toy boy, and now an aging one.:LOL:

I care less about jewelry and haven't wore make up in years. What I do care about is that my clothes are clean with no stains and I absolutely hate when my blouse or t-shirt hangs out below my sweater or jacket.

Exactly. Wherever did that style come from? Having a wide stripe - usually white - across one's derriere is so tacky. Women are fools for fashion.

I have my inside clothes and my outside clothes. In the house I wear comfortable pants and any kind of top. When I go out I try to look my best, A little makeup helps too.

Back