What kinds of things have you found to do that are fulfilling since you retired?

when i first retired i would take my grandson to school go on a part time job then go back and pick him up--then i would work in my yard i had a half acre to mow and had a lot of pretty flowers

I've been retired for 12 years, and kind of gone through phases. We traveled/camped/hiked in national parks for the first couple of years extensively. We live on a few acres, so there is constant gardening with perennials, fruit trees, raspberries, veggie garden --- pruning, weeding, chain saw work, cutting and splitting firewood. Then, we started working on major remodeling taking the kitchen and baths down to studs. Then, got more involved with volunteer work with local environmental group. Now, we're doing more biking trips along with hiking and back to a couple of major projects on house and garage. Still do volunteer work. There is always something to do around here.

I'd like to just be able to spend more time sitting on the porch and reading.:rolleyes:

I've been retired for 12 years, and kind of gone through phases. We traveled/camped/hiked in national parks for the first couple of years extensively. We live on a few acres, so there is constant gardening with perennials, fruit trees, raspberries, veggie garden --- pruning, weeding, chain saw work, cutting and splitting firewood. Then, we started working on major remodeling taking the kitchen and baths down to studs. Then, got more involved with volunteer work with local environmental group. Now, we're doing more biking trips along with hiking and back to a couple of major projects on house and garage. Still do volunteer work. There is always something to do around here.

I'd like to just be able to spend more time sitting on the porch and reading.:rolleyes:
remind too much of that guitar teacher πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

We like watching the birds at the bird feeders, and trying to outsmart the squirrels that try to rob them. I bought Spank a t-shirt that says "The Master of Squirrels" when we thought we had really mastered them. Now they are back. Smart critters.

Back