What made you happy today?

Happy to wake up with no aches or pains this morning..

iu

Had a late night online chat, outa the blue, with my army grandson

Been months since we last did that

He made me listen to this song

said it was like him singing......about me

took me down

He's one tough kid

Guess most times a guy doesn't realize how they affect kids

We took him and his brother in during some rugged times
They were with us for several years
One could say we raised 'em

I wrote about him a few years back;
4lGTlrb.jpg

anyway.......it made me more than happy

Had a late night online chat, outa the blue, with my army grandson

Been months since we last did that

He made me listen to this song

said it was like him singing......about me

took me down

He's one tough kid

Guess most times a guy doesn't realize how they affect kids

We took him and his brother in during some rugged times
They were with us for several years
One could say we raised 'em

I wrote about him a few years back;
4lGTlrb.jpg

anyway.......it made me more than happy
I can see you're very proud of him and I bet he is of you, too. Very touching indeed.

BTW, thank you for making the print a bit larger..helps for me to see it better.;)

What made me happy today was sitting here thinking how nice it is I can sit here and not worry about having to go to a job outside of my place. I can relax and also it felt so good when the heat came on-felt real cozy in here and I do appreciate that on a damp morning such as this.

Three things made me happy today, I finally received a package that was on back order for weeks. It was a special gift that I really wanted to give my son in law for Christmas.
I got my old tape recorder to work so I listened to tapes of my dad singing and playing his guitar. So sad and yet so comforting all at the same time.
I got a letter saying that my AARP rates won't be increased this year.

Managed to pick up groceries and a prescription for my sister and deliver them to her without freezing to death in the process. Very cold wind here today. I took my dog Henry with me and he, as always, had a great time. He even said "woof" a time or two at the guy who loaded the groceries into the trunk, and he loved it that the folks at the Walgreens drive thru gave him a little Milk Bone.

Collin is here. His mom gave him a buzz-cut but it looks good on him. I met him and his mom in the parking area this morning and it was ...interesting. I'll post about it later. Aside from an interesting hand off, he seems okay, considering. We're both happy he's here, I'll say that much.

Back