What my mom told me about marriage

"Women marry men hoping to change them. Men marry a woman hoping she will never change." Meaning of course she is beautiful, sexy, shapely, does everything to please him šŸ˜‚
I'm sure it happens as you say, (well, some women have told me it happened to them, after they had children, and put on weight, at least). Let's face it too, "plenty of men will chase anything going"! :rolleyes:.

I must have missed that bit where my wife did everything to please me!
"Does that really happen?". :oops::whistle::giggle: .

I defied the saying, "look at the mother and you'll see what your wife will look like in later years." Mom gained a lot of weight in her 40s, I didn't.

I took after nanay (mom's mom)~ small frame, slender body till she died in her 80s. She bore 12 kids, I bore just one and adopted two when I was an intern.

My MIL told my husband that she'd rather see him dead and buried than married to me. She referred to me as "The Wh0re of Babylon " on more than one occasion.

Needless to say, she didn't come to the wedding.

Lol! I told my brother I wish he'd just put a "whore fund" category in his monthly budget before his second marriage to a woman that was a lot like his first ...just flat out pay them rather than marry them. I didn't go to that wedding! And he's paying the "whore fund" now monthly with her in another man's bed. Dunno why little brothers don't listen to their big sisters....??? :unsure:

Edited to say the women my brother went for when young weren't simply women who liked non -monogamous sex. They were serial marriers with histories of messy divorces.

Last edited:
never been married. people tell me I'm smart but I dunno, being single sucks sometimes. I admire people that had the guts to make the leap.

-Marriage would be great if you had your own house.
You go see wife, oh...once or twice a week in her house. You'll frolic, go out...

But, but...looking at each other every morningā˜¹

being present when you spouse acts stupidšŸ„ŗ

involvement with her relativesšŸ˜¦

Nay, marriage with separate houses is the only way.

-Marriage would be great if you had your own house.
You go see wife, oh...once or twice a week in her house. You'll frolic, go out...

But, but...looking at each other every morningā˜¹

being present when you spouse acts stupidšŸ„ŗ

involvement with her relativesšŸ˜¦

Nay, marriage with separate houses is the only way.

We sold our home 8 years ago and when the (single) man who purchased it passed away on a hunting trip a couple of years later,a woman bought it to live in away from her husband.He lives about a mile away.A really big house on 10 acres for a woman alone,but it was also a lot for the prior single man. I dunno-I just picture that if a couple didn`t want to live together that they would each get a small place.

'Whore fund,' huh-another word to put in my cowboy vocabulary.

He picked two (almost a third) who were basically 'legal' prostitutes. They jumped from marriage to marriage to marriage leaving debt, getting child support, expensive gifts from lovers and the current husband's money. Both are now in their late 40s and neither has ever put a roof over own her head. Both are smart women in terms of IQ ...EQ, not so much. And neither has accrued anything through all that.

Last edited:
I'm sure it happens as you say, (well, some women have told me it happened to them, after they had children, and put on weight, at least). Let's face it too, "plenty of men will chase anything going"! :rolleyes:.

I must have missed that bit where my wife did everything to please me!
"Does that really happen?". :oops::whistle::giggle: .
It does really happen! I still try my best to do little things that will please my hubby! He is five years younger than me and still working. My little retirement plan, lol

Another thing my Mother used to say was, "In marriage, you always have to compromise."
My question was, " If I like white and he likes black, the only compromise is "gray"! No one likes that. so, Why is compromise always the best thing?
Shouldn't one person make the final decision?

Another thing my Mother used to say was, "In marriage, you always have to compromise."
My question was, " If I like white and he likes black, the only compromise is "gray"! No one likes that. so, Why is compromise always the best thing?
Shouldn't one person make the final decision?
You make a good point. Compromise doesn't always provide the best solution to all problems. Sometimes one person's decision is the better choice, as long as it's not always the same person.

My MIL told my husband that she'd rather see him dead and buried than married to me. She referred to me as "The Wh0re of Babylon " on more than one occasion.
Needless to say, she didn't come to the wedding.
"I call my wife treasure......,
she reminds me of something that's just been dug up!". :whistle: .
(acknowledgements to comedian, Led Dawson)

Back