What OTC Product Do You Use For Muscle And Or Joint Temporary Pain Relief?

fmdog44

For joint pain temporary releif I use Salonpas. I rarely need muscle pain relief. Suddenly I see a lot of coupons suddenly for a product called "Pain Bloc". Might give it a ty.

For joint pain temporary releif I use Salonpas. I rarely need muscle pain relief. Suddenly I see a lot of coupons suddenly for a product called "Pain Bloc". Might give it a ty.

I purchased Pain Bloc as I had a coupon. A word, though. It worked, but I think there is capsasin in it. Makes the area I used it on very burny, and as for getting it in your eyes...WOW. So use it VERY sparingly if you try it. I found SalonPas did nothing. Anything with Lidocaine seems to help. And a friend suggested Blue Emu brand, though I have yet to try it,/

I've use ThermaCare back wraps on occasion for lower back muscle pain. If you need warmth for up to ten hours, they are excellent. I've used Aleve now and then, but don't like using it too often.

I sometimes get temporary relief in small areas from either IcyHot with Lidocane, or Bio-Freeze roll-on.

Neither lasts very long, but put it on, rub it in....maybe get something done.

Aspercreme works on any joint pain for me for years but it has aspirin in it which I have to use sparingly....
for muscle pain its Arnica gel by Roberts Research Labs....nice scent also....the other gels dont cut it like this one :)
I cant take any ibuprofen at all....and tylenol barely works for me....

I have osteoarthritis in some of my fingers that affects the second joints (counting down from the tip of my fingers). Sometimes my hands hurt like a bear, but usually not. The really annoying thing is that once a knuckle gets affected it swells permanently, meaning my rings no longer fit and that I lose range of motion so that finger will no longer curl all the way when I make a fist.

I saw a rheumatologist who ruled out RA and said there's nothing the medical community can do to help. The cartilage in aging joints wear out. Not what I was hoping to hear.

CBD balm doesn't seem to help. Naproxen helps ease the pain but can't prevent yet another joint from going south. Is anyone else dealing with this?

I have osteoarthritis in some of my fingers that affects the second joints (counting down from the tip of my fingers). Sometimes my hands hurt like a bear, but usually not. The really annoying thing is that once a knuckle gets affected it swells permanently, meaning my rings no longer fit and that I lose range of motion so that finger will no longer curl all the way when I make a fist.

I saw a rheumatologist who ruled out RA and said there's nothing the medical community can do to help. The cartilage in aging joints wear out. Not what I was hoping to hear.

CBD balm doesn't seem to help. Naproxen helps ease the pain but can't prevent yet another joint from going south. Is anyone else dealing with this?

My situation is almost identical, with a bit less trouble in my hands. My trouble is, back, shoulders, l/hip , l/knee.

Indomethacin is my prescribed med, I add Tylenol when it is at it's worse. None of the topicals seem to do much. Bio-Freeze & Icy-Hot maybe ? depends on the day.

Some info on it ..................

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In this issue | The latest bone and joint health news from Cleveland Clinic
Try These Yoga Poses to Improve Your Lower Back Flexibile

I purchased Pain Bloc as I had a coupon. A word, though. It worked, but I think there is capsasin in it. Makes the area I used it on very burny, and as for getting it in your eyes...WOW. So use it VERY sparingly if you try it. I found SalonPas did nothing. Anything with Lidocaine seems to help. And a friend suggested Blue Emu brand, though I have yet to try it,/

Isn't it odd how a thing works for one person and not another? Salonpas gives me instant relief of pain. I have Blu Emu as well and it worked for me like Salonpas.

I just got off a website www.consumerhealthdigest.com. It had a product called "Flexdermal" as the best for joint & muscle pain and another product as second best called "Blue Goo".
Never heard of either of them so I can't say anything. It is ironic, I sold my 2004 pickup truck 6 months ago because the little odds and ends needing repair. Now I see it kind of like me!! ;)

Everything is temporary relief....but my favs are: Topricin, Aspercream w/Lidocraine, DMSO and some others...I use essential oils too: rosemary, oil of oregano and some others help pain.

OP: Tried Celebrex is a script but I know Quack doc would endorse it. I thought about it and can't afford it and a similar drug years ago gave me a stomach ulcer. But some like Celebrex.

Plain old aspirin. I use the cheap generic ones which work just as well as the more expensive brand names.

Traumeel for muscle and joint pain relief. It is a homeopathic remedy that brings relief without any side effects. I use the tablets but an ointment and a gel are also available.

@ StarSong...for osteoarthritis I obtain almost instant relief with a homeopathic product known as Rhus Tox. They are tiny pellets taken under the tongue.

Arnica. I like to use the arnica gel, not the creams. Also take the pills.

Both very good for not only sore muscles, but bruises. I rammed my toes into a bench leg two nights ago and after a few hours my toe looked awful and was so sore I couldn't put a shoe on.

The gel and pills really help, only bothered me a little today.

I love love some homeopathics and use some, but for very advanced OA in joints, not so effective. I buy an arnica gel and rub in my thigh which also has a lot of nerve damage from hip replacement surgery complications. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back