What scares the $%#t& out of you?

I'm with Peppermint Patty.

People.

I was socially distant long before it was a thing.

That and not being able to take care of myself.

I've told my wife repeatedly, if I start getting to that point, I'm going to stop taking my meds.

Plumbing. I'm not a huge DIY kind of person, but I can do ok with anything but plumbing. The thought of letting loose all that water and not being able to stop it just scares me. I understand electrical and am not afraid of it at all - but I'm calling the pro for anything plumbing related.

If you were a pilot, any time the "master control panel" alarm would go off, it could be any number of things. After a few years, I learned that for the most part that when that particular alarm goes off, it is no time to panic. Find and correct the problem. Chances are it was only a circuit breaker that tripped.
Back in the pre 90's, it could have been a lot of worse things. For example; a loss of hydraulic pressure or you didn't see three green lights when the landing gear went down.

Being buried alive by mistake. I read too many Edgar Allen Poe stories.
that happened to a woman just this week...

Mourners at the wake of an Ecuadorean woman were startled to discover she was still alive.
A hospital doctor in the city of Babahoyo declared Bella Montoya, 76, dead following a suspected stroke.
She was placed in a coffin and taken to a funeral parlour, where relatives held a vigil before her planned burial.
When, after almost five hours, they opened the coffin to change her clothes ahead of the funeral, the woman gasped for air.
"My mum started to move her left hand, to open her eyes, her mouth; she struggled to breathe," her son Gilbert Balberán described the moment he realised his mother was still alive.
Video taken by a mourner shows her lying in an open coffin struggling to breathe, while another complains that an ambulance they called has not yet arrived.
Minutes later, firefighters arrive and lift Bella Montoya onto a stretcher and take her back to the hospital where she had been declared dead.

RATS!!! Absolutely hate them, and Black Cats because someone threw one at me when I was 9 years old, never liked them since. Don't mind spiders, or cockroaches.
I'm the same hate RATS... almost phobic about them... and I can;t abide cats ( sorry to all cat owners).. my mother said she believed it came from when she found a cat lying on my face when I was in my pram ...HATE cockroaches..OMG.. I dunno what's worse Roaches or rats

Back