What Things are You Stocked Up on Now?

Happy Sunday to you, Ruthanne! :)

We have a TON of frozen homemade meals, dishes, you name it in the freezer, baked goods, household cleaners - including Lysol and Clorox Disinfecting Wipes... other miscellaneous goods such as rice, pastas, beans/lentils, flour, sugars of all kinds (white granulated, brown, and confectioners), toilet paper, paper towels, and the list goes on.

One too many times I arrived home with an incomplete shopping list... things I wasn't able to find/buy, and after 2 months of putting up with that, I had enough, so over the past 2-3 weeks have been stocking extras in this and that, and I will continue to do so until the fall, when I suspect we'll see a strong resurgence of Covid-19.

@Aunt Marg Thanks, and a Happy Sunday and Memorial Day to you also!

Sounds like you've done your job well on being stocked. I, too, have enough of rice, pastas and lentils. I don't buy sugar or white flour because of diabetes.

Good for you on being well-stocked!:D(y)🌟

@Aunt Marg Thanks, and a Happy Sunday and Memorial Day to you also!

Sounds like you've done your job well on being stocked. I, too, have enough of rice, pastas and lentils. I don't buy sugar or white flour because of diabetes.

Good for you on being well-stocked!:D(y)🌟
Thanks, Ruthanne!

Just so frustrated to go shopping week after week, only to arrive home with a fraction of what's on ones list, so now that I have a solid foothold on all that I need, I'm going to work on maintaining items and things to ensure I have enough for the long-haul.

I have all of the essentials to last a solid three weeks.

I keep some cash on hand and try not to let the gas tank go below the top quarter of the tank.

For me, the most notable items in my little stockpile are non-essential treats.

When I went out almost daily I was much better at keeping treats out of the house. I figured that I could run out and buy them tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

This has been a good experiment for me to learn how to limit my shopping to once a week.

I need to take it to the next level and begin to experiment with home delivery.

I feel I'm pretty ok.

All set on pantry items. I don't bake, but have some flour and sugar from before. Have the few canned items I need in extra.

My fridge is a bit smaller than normal d/t overhead cabinets so freezer space is limited. Right now it's full but later I'll have to re-load.

Will also need more coffee.

Cleaning supplies ok, TP, masks and gloves- all set.

I have plenty of all the essential things we need especially coffee for my husband. My pantry is loaded with soups and cereals and alot of other canned products. Of course TP.wipes,masks,gloves etc.
Oh, having plenty of coffee is critical in our household.
Oh YES, having enough coffee is utterly essential! (y) 🥰🐿

I have all of the essentials to last a solid three weeks.

I keep some cash on hand and try not to let the gas tank go below the top quarter of the tank.

For me, the most notable items in my little stockpile are non-essential treats.

When I went out almost daily I was much better at keeping treats out of the house. I figured that I could run out and buy them tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

This has been a good experiment for me to learn how to limit my shopping to once a week.

I need to take it to the next level and begin to experiment with home delivery.
It's good to have all the essentials..makes me feel somewhat secure! Oh yes, we need those treats, too!(y):D I like to have them on hand, too....Good luck with home delivery should you decide to do it..I've been happy with the services but of course, like everything, they are not perfect..but close enough for me.

So where is the line between "stocking up" and "hoarding"? Asking for a friend. LOL!
For me, for example, if I had to store TP in my living spaces other than the hall closet, I would be hoarding. Or if my shed was full of TP and I had to move stuff out of it to fit the TP in, hoarding. I think, in light of the recent shortages, a three month supply would be reasonable.

This is a great thread, for me to know whose home to go to, when I run out of each thing. :ROFLMAO:

I'd better make a list of notes, for myself. :sneaky:

Aunt Bea `has : non-essential treats.....(y)

coffee: pecos, ruth, sassy....oh, most everyone!:D

Let's see, I could make up meals and recipes, using the ingredients, from all of your cupboards....
:ROFLMAO::love:

Have been stocking up on some things, canned and frozen, through good sales, i have learned to refrain from shopping more than once a week, unless in need of more milk, sometimes in the past i tend to overshop. Paper products are still limited, seems to be a shortage on flour, been waiting on whole wheat flour for quite some time. Fresh fruit and produce have become very pricey, some frozen fruits are hard to get, especially strawberries, meat prices are high as well. Medications, refills have returned to normal, for most kinds, were only able to fill 30 days at a time, now, can fill 2 and 3 months like before Covid 19, there are still limits in place for some drugs, but the ones i'm on , limits have lifted. Learning to except that there very well could be a second appearance of Covid 19, so what i've learned will be helpful for me down the road. Hoping so much that we could be done with this scarey type of life, but may not be the case.

I've always been someone who keeps a good stock cupboard, and in fact I had started to store a little extra every time I went shopping as from last December due to our impending Brexit and the threat of food shortages.. et al..

I'm very glad I did otherwise I would have been caught out with some thing.. like TP for example..

I have plenty of everything I need for a few weeks if I couldn't get out... ..it also means that I have been able to follow the lockdown rules and just shop when necessary over these last few months .

I actually find the whole supermarket shopping thing these days very stressful, and as I'm not very well, and can't get out too often at the moment, .. .. I'm pleased I have a decent stock of canned & packet goods, as well as a full freezer...

ETA... In December and january long before I knew about the pandemic.. but pre Brexit, I also topped up on Kitchen paper and TP & soap ... as well as OTC meds,...very fortuitous that I did because for weeks we couldn't get any of those things.. including headache pills

I'm not sure but maybe when you have enough for 5 extra people for 5 years...Just a wild guess there! :ROFLMAO:
that would have been my ex M-I-L... there was only her and her husband, but you could literally have taken a platoon there any day of the week and she would've had enough to feed them... :oops:

Last edited:

Back