What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

I dont do scarey movies.....I like big bang fast pace action shoot em ups..although some are stupid, like space movies,,,,you cant fly in space that way, and I have yet to see a movie with auto weapons fire where anyone hits something...how can you fire 150 bullets and never hit the other person??? and oh ya dont forget the seven shooter who never reloads his gun!. kill command,, spectral,,, tv series dark matter,,,the darkest hour,,,

We just watched Phone Booth (Amazon Prime), starring Colin Farrell, Forrest Whitaker, and Kiefer Southerland.

That was pretty entertaining considering most of it takes place in and around a single phone booth in Manhattan. The outstanding performance by Farrell makes the movie worth watching.

I agree with the IMDB rating of 7.0.
I remember that movie. Very suspenseful and Hitchcock-esque.

ms gamboolgal and I watched "Those Who Wish Me Dead"

Angelina Jolie as a Smoke Jumper who befriends a boy in danger.
It was OK. Could have been alot better - we think. Abit rough on the language...

Give it a 6 to 7

Would guardedly recommend it if you like Action Movies

We've been on an "oldies" kick lately, so the last one we watched was The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) with Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal. The night before that we watched The Thing From Another World (1951) with Kenneth Tobey and James Arness as The Thing. I guess we're stuck in 1951 for now...haha :)

We actually went to a movie theatre three days ago to see Marvel's "Black Widow". First time in a theatre in over a year. Always loved the comic book character - I will probably never forgive my older sisters for throwing out my original "Black Widow" comix from the '60's! Gggrrrrrr.........

(I even had the original Spiderman issues from the first three years. All gone, into the trash before I came home from summer camp.)

Anyway, the movie was good. Not great, not a blockbuster like Infinity War/Endgame. It was meant to come out before those final two MCU movies as a "reveal" of what BW was doing after the Avengers split up in disarray in "Avengers: Civil War".

The pandemic threw the release dates for everyone's movies out of whack, so the studio kept pushing back the release date for BW, even as it released "Infinity/Endgame".

I think that was a BIG mistake - and typical of how Hollywood treats "girl films" as being less important. The BW movie has a hopeful ending - but everybody already knows Natasha died (heroically) in "Endgame". So the box office for BW has not been good. A lot of fans probably figure, why go see a movie about a dead character, even if she's a fav? Might as well go stream it and save the $$ it costs to go to the theatre.

A shame. Good casting, decent dialogue (for MCU), good action without excessive CGI. It was a real pleasure seeing actress Rachel Weisz again. She's so incredibly gorgeous and talented. But this was week #3 and there were only 3 of us in the whole theatre on a Mon afternoon :(

We've been on an "oldies" kick lately, so the last one we watched was The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) with Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal. The night before that we watched The Thing From Another World (1951) with Kenneth Tobey and James Arness as The Thing. I guess we're stuck in 1951 for now...haha :)
Love oldies, but some new ones too. We have a DVD set with both original Day the Earth Stood Still and the remake with Keanu Reeves. The remake has more action, but same basics and i think they need the action to keep modern, younger audiences watching long enough to get the point.

We watched The Butler last night, starring Forrest Whitaker, I believe that was on Amazon Prime. It's hard to keep track of all the different streaming services we use.

It was a decent movie. They took major events from the civil rights movement and wrote the story around them, so it was a bit gimmicky, but it was watchable and not overly emotional, which was just what we needed last night.

Midway, a historically accurate story of the Battle of Midway occurring after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. How did we get from "the greatest generation" to today's "snowflake generation"?

Monte Python and the Holy Grail (Netflix stream)
It had been a while since I'd seen it, so a few nights ago, we decided to watch it again. Hilarious! One of their best!

Bjorn vs. McEnroe (Kanopy.com)
This is another one that we'd seen already, but it was well worth another look. It was basically two character studies. Bjorn was overly emotional on the court when he was an up-and-comer, but his coach convinced him to adapt a stoic façade whereas McEnroe was just the opposite and became emotional on court. Both did what they needed to do to win and became good friends later in life.

1955, The Man With the Golden Arm
Frank Sinatra as a heroin addict, quite dated-we forget how repugnant drug addiction was viewed-we've lost that, now it is viewed
as a social problem.

Really liked the musical score, in fact, that is why i watched the movie.

Also enjoy old film street scenes with the dated automobiles, which i remember well.

Back