What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

You're welcome StarSong. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :D
Hubs and I quite liked it. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Turned on "Mother's Day" on Netflix (directed by Garry Marshall, starring Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, Julia Roberts and more). Gave it a half hour and had to shut it off - both he and I found it so stupid that it was unwatchable.

A Different Sun​

American Drama Movie directed by Reed Tang published in 2017: A Different Sun - A Chinese family struggles to acclimate to a new culture after immigrating to Germany from Shanghai.

Rated 6.8 - Free

A Different Sun

Behind the Candelabra on HBO. The story of Liberace’s six year with Scott Torson. Afterwards looked at the cast and hadn’t recognized many. 95 on Rotten Tomatoes. This is another Steven Soderbergh movie.

The Wrath of Man (xFinity On Demand); my huzz loved it (gives it 5 out of 5 stars) but I didn't like it, didn't hate it and there were good actors doing fine jobs of acting, but I didn't like it at all, not one character I liked or sympathized with.

ms gamboolgal and I watched the latest Godzilla vs Kong iteration.
I have been watching these since I was kid and remember watching the rubber Godzilla's.... after adjusting the Tin Foil on the Rabbit Ears or Coat Hangers just right.... ha

It was OK, not great but not a Dud....
On a scale of 1 to 10.... a 5

For grins....

Last edited:
The Black Widow, yes I like the SyFy stuff. My daughter is somewhat into it, her fiancé hates it. My brothers wife is more into it than me, which surprised me at first. I also like old westerns.

The Buddy Holly Story. I always pictured him as just a talented kid who hit it big, but he was a take charge young man who not only performed his music but also produced, and was married with a child on the way when he died in a plane crash flying to another engagement. I have an album of his hits.

We watch a movie every night, either on Netflix or Prime. We don't watch any TV except for nightly news and local news and we could do without that, too.

Last night we watched Six Minutes To Midnight with Judi Dench. Excellent true story that takes place at a girls boarding school in England in 1939 when WWII started. These girls are all daughters of Hitler's high command and how they were going to be snuck out of England.

If you like true stories and especially WWII history, I highly recommend this movie.

ms gamboolgal and I watched the latest Godzilla vs Kong iteration.
I have been watching these since I was kid and remember watching the rubber Godzilla's.... after adjusting the Tin Foil on the Rabbit Ears or Coat Hangers just right.... ha

It was OK, not great but not a Dud....
On a scale of 1 to 10.... a 5

For grins....
I agree; Godz. vs. Kong wasn't the greatest entry in either the Godz. or Kong series. And I like both most Godzilla and Kong movies, even the ones that everyone else doesn't like:

98godz.jpg

and

rampage.jpg

I know: Rampage wasn't exactly a Kong movie but close enough for me. And that 1998 Godzilla entry had Jean Reno in it whom I never get to see enough of! 😄

The Buddy Holly Story. I always pictured him as just a talented kid who hit it big, but he was a take charge young man who not only performed his music but also produced, and was married with a child on the way when he died in a plane crash flying to another engagement. I have an album of his hits.
That was a good movie. I've seen it a few times. Gary Busey did a great job as Buddy Holly. :)

Brad's Status with Ben Stiller on Amazon Prime. A trip to Boston with his college bound son reminds Brad of his own college hopes and inspirations while comparing his limited success (in his mind) to his college friends.

Last night I watched Logan's Run on Netflix. It's been ages since I saw it and I was rather amazed at its daring with regard to nudity and orgy scenes. It does look rather corny now but at the time it was made it seemed quite revolutionary.

Last edited:
Last night I watched Logan's Run on Netflix. It's been ages since I saw it and I was rather amazed at its daring with regard to nudity and orgy scenes. It does look rather corny now but at the time it was made it seemed quite revolutionary.
I rewatched it about ten years ago and agree with your assessments.

I saw the most horrible stupid movie last night on HBO--'The Empty Man'. I'm ashamed that I didn't have the energy to use the remote to turn it off. I watched the whole awful thing. Supposedly a thriller, this is the most convoluted dumb trash I've ever seen.

Worse than 'Fat City' and 'Barry Lyndon'. I will never insult those two again. The worst, Empty Man worst. 🤮

Hail, Caesar (Netflix stream)

It had its moments, as you would expect with a Coen Brothers movie with all-star cast, but at about 100 minutes, any longer and I would have been tempted to turn it off. There just wasn't enough substance to it.

I'd agree with the IMDB rating of 6.3 out of 10.

Watched "Murphy's Romance" last night. It's a movie I've seen several times and it always brings me a smile. Stars Sally Field and James Garner.

When interviewed a few years ago, Sally Field was asked which male costars were the worst and best screen kissers. Worst was Tommy Lee Jones. She said James Garner was the best... this is that part of the interview:

'Well best without a doubt was James Garner,' she smiled. 'I mean, hands down. He gets it. Woof - That's it!"

'I could like close my eyes go there...' she drifted off, reclining in her chair.

It's a lovely kiss and a charming movie.

Last edited:

Back