What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

"The Diane Borchardt Story:"
In 1979, 31-year old Diane Pfister met 25-year old widower Ruben Borchardt, who already had two children, Chuck and Brooke, from his recently deceased wife Susan. They shortly got married and had a daughter named Regan.

Diane was a teacher at the local high school. Even the students liked her, calling her "Mrs. B". This included Joshua Yanke, 16, and Douglas Vest, 17. They shared their troubles with her.

Diane resented her husband's two children. By the 1990s, Diane became more controlling and erratic. In one argument, Diane smashed a flower vase on Ruben's head. She would call the police sometimes and falsely say Ruben was assaulting her. Diane would assault Ruben and turn it around on him to make it look to the police like he hit her.
In 1993, Ruben was pushed to the brink. He realized he couldn't be with her any longer. He found a girl named Judy. Ruben announced he was filing for divorce. He was going to marry Judy. Diane filed for sole custody of the children, claiming constant neglect. Ruben, however, got custody of the children and the house. The court ruled that Diane had to leave the house by April 15, 1994.

Ruben was terrified at what his former wife would do. He lined the stairs with glass jars as an alarm system in case Diane, who had threatened to castrate him, came in the house to hurt him.

Diane, a classic manipulator, told two of her students - Douglas Vest and Joshua Yanke that Ruben had beaten her. They recruited 15-year old Michael Maldonado. With a promise of cash, cars and jewelry, Diane hired the three boys to kill her husband. Vest and Maldonado were to shoot Ruben in his sleep while Yanke was to unhook the phone and make sure Ruben's son, Chuck didn't interfere.

On April 2, 1994, Diane started a fight with Ruben, trying to take a sewing machine that belonged to Ruben's first wife Susan. Diane tried to get Ruben to hit her, but the argument escalated to her jumping on Ruben's back and hitting him. Ruben threw her off him, which did bruise her arm. She called the police, who told her to leave a volatile situation. Diane left with Regan, having official witnesses seeing their departure, establishing an alibi.
The next morning, Ruben awoke early to attend church. As he was coming up the steps, Malando shot him twice, then the three hitmen fled, dumping the shotgun in a vacant lot. Chuck awoke and found his father bleeding on a chair. Ruben managed to say "I can't believe she did this to me." Ruben is rushed to the hospital, but dies later.

Ruben's murder happening two weeks before Diane had to move out made her the prime suspect. No one had doubt, but she had not physically done it. Though Diane thought she had gotten away with it, Ruben's life insurance payout was frozen, since she was a suspect in his murder. Diane was unable to pay the boys, who turned themselves in.
Douglas Vest confessed to the police. He and Malando were convicted of first-degree murder and were sentenced to life. Yanke plead guilty to second-degree intentional murder and was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
On August 1, 1995, Diane Borchardt was convicted of first-degree murder & sentenced to life.

Whoa! You might want to issue spoiler alerts if you're going to give away plot twists, @oldman.
Whoops. My bad. The story is really about the dog named Buck. It really wasn’t about Ford, but I did give away the ending without thinking. I didn’t think it should have ended like it did.

The animation was amazingly so alive.

I am so glad that Halloween is over-the zombies, flesh eating critters and crazed hillbillies is back in the film vaults until next year.
Who watches this nonsense? How many times is Jason of Halloween going to be revived?

No more Wolfman, Frankestine, zombies, cannibals...Now we can get back to Bigfoot and our home grown monsters.

Sunday's movie day, ending yesterday with "Queen and Country" (2014) which is the follow-up to 1987's "Hope and Glory" that was nominated for five Oscars. Anyway, Q&C was quite amusing but there were unanswered questions, the most notable of which is how did they recover the regimental clock that military recruits ripped-off earlier.

The first flick was "Greed" (2019) and a lot of the British humor I guess sailed over my head. 😞

We’ve just bought a new Samsung 75” tv along with a good quality sound bar ,we got the Denon brand SB cause we have a same brand mini stereo we have always been happy with it .

Anyway we watched a 2005 movie about the man in black ..Johnny Cash , ( Walk the line ) it was a good movie to test the sound bar it passed with a thumbs up 👍 100% happy with it

Last edited:
I just started watching a mini series on Hulu called Black Narcissus. While technically not a movie the mini series is only three hours in length and is a remake of a 1947 movie by the same name. I never watched the original movie but read that is was good and is beloved by many.

I watched an old classic, Life With Father (1947), this afternoon. Love William Powell and Irene Dunn. Sometimes those old movies have better plots than what we have today. I'm tired of super heroes and violence.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039566/

When I watch an older movie, sometimes I Google Image some of the actors to see what they look like today. The actor who plays Clarence, Jr. is now 97 years old and still with us.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Lydon

Last edited:

Boy Erased, a 2018 movie with Lucas Hedges, Russell Crowe and Nicole Kidman...it was the story of a young gay boy whose father was a Baptist preacher and details his experiences when he was sent to a gay conversion program. I found it both sad and disturbing. It's a true story, based on a book of the same name by Joel Edgerton. He showed such remarkable strength, but it was still a horrific experience. It made an impression on me.

The Siege of Jadotville. Very entertaining movie. :)

Siege_of_Jadotville_Netflix_poster.jpg

Can recommend a small independent film on Netflix called The Skeleton Twins (2014) with Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader playing dysfunctional twins. Very well done.

The Guy Ritchie film The Gentlemen is way over the top but entertaining.

Sunday's my movie day and one of today's is "Vacation" (2015) which is apparently the sequel to the hilarious "Vacation" (1983). In this sequel, Chevy Chase's son takes his own family to the same amusement park. His wife is played by Christina Applegate.

Back