What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Yea me too. Despite the proliferation of movies on so many web sites, I usually bail out on most new (or at least unseen by me) movies that I try to watch. Occasionally I will find one that I like, but often I find myself going back to one of about 20 favorites (like the Martian).
The Martian with Matt Damon? Daughter and i both enjoyed that one.

The Lost City, Sandra Bullock & Channing Tatum, Epix and Paramount+; pretty good, reminded me of Romancing the Stone.

Also, the remake of Firestarter (avail. on Peacock), also pretty good; some things and actors I liked better in the original and some I liked better in this remake.

Uncharted was watchable. It did a fair job of capturing the essence of the series of computer games with the caves, tombs, and puzzles that are part of the backbone of that particular series. And it sort of stands out in the genre of whatever you call movies based on games, because the story was unusually interesting for that type of film.

Senior Year, on Netflix, starring Rebel Wilson and Sam Richardson (love 'em both); what a great little movie, had a good message but lots of fun, loved the music! And stay tuned 'till after the end of the closing credits; there's a cute scene/outtake with Rebel and Brandon Scott Jones (plays Mr. T in the movie), very funny. Oh, and watch for Alicia Silverstone (of Clueless fame) in a small but great part. Great fun!

This isn't a movie but a conversation that really resonated with me. The woman Ralph interviews is brilliant and makes a lot of sense.

"Ralph spends the entire hour with the indefatigable, Hazel Henderson, the founder of the group, Ethical Markets, whose mission is to advocate for ways to measure prosperity and promoting economic models that emphasize not cut-throat competition and fear of scarcity but are based on principals of cooperation and sharing in our abundance."

“Behind Enemy Lines” for the fifth time. I really like that movie. I’m not an Own Wilson fan, but I do like Gene Hackman. The movie is not very factual, but it’s pretty dramatic, so it does hold my attention.

Not a movie, TV series..
Didn't watch the original...but PBS had a Marathon of mystery.
So.. I "binged watched"...Unforgotten, British mystery/drama.
Excellent!! Well-written, the "twists&turns" of the plot are extraordinary..
Takes so many different directions
I really liked it..made you think..what next!🤔

Blur Circle ( rated 7.0 ...free )

This is very low budget film directed by a Professor of Film. It took only 25 days to film. The acting is very good, and the subject matter of "WHO is to BLAME" is addressed in a deep and innovative plot.

Indie Rights Movies For Free
135K subscribers

A feature film about a woman grieving the loss of her son after he disappeared two years ago - until a mysterious man with a camera enters her life.

Flawless with Michael Caine and Demi Moore 2007. FREE on Youtube
I really enjoyed it. Had a twist at the end. No subscription needed.
Had me gripping the edge of my seat. Michael Caine was awesome.

This was indeed a great movie with outstanding actors and plot. You'll hardly recognize Demi Moore. A refreshing movie without drugs, alcohol, violence, noise, profanity, nudity and sex. I recommend it to anyone.

The Insider -- A very true story. Russell Crowe plays a chemist employed by a cigarette company. He discovers that their tobacco was treated with an ammonia compound that enhanced the effect of highly addictive nicotine on the brain -- which is what the company wanted since they viewed their cigarettes as nothing more than a nicotine delivery mechanism. Crowe is fired when he questioned what was going on, and is approached by 60 Minutes. Cigarettes killed my mother. I very much enjoyed watching the bastards get exposed.

Flawless with Michael Caine and Demi Moore 2007. FREE on Youtube
I really enjoyed it. Had a twist at the end. No subscription needed.
Had me gripping the edge of my seat. Michael Caine was awesome.

This was indeed a great movie with outstanding actors and plot. You'll hardly recognize Demi Moore. A refreshing movie without drugs, alcohol, violence, noise, profanity, nudity and sex. I recommend it to anyone.
I saw this. It was very good!

The Batman. I couldn't wait for it to finally end. Robert Pattinson is the worst Batman ever. Action scenes were good, but the same story told over & over; some stolen from excellent TV show 'Gotham.'

There were so many scenes that could have been the final scene, but went on and on & I lost patience at the very end (or maybe that was wishful thinking) and just went on till I finally shut it off. I liked Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman.

Back