What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Well, just as an update, I'm 2/3's of the way through the eight episodes available on Amazon Prime of "Night Sky" No matter what the outcome is, I've very much enjoyed the show, the acting and interesting scenery from different countries. Not usually a fan of Amazon Originals, but I think this is a good one. @feywon, would love to hear your thoughts =)
Have to be honest, I enjoyed the first episode, but when by the time i tried to watch the 2nd Buffalo and Uvalde shootings had happened and i was not engaging with it. I'm going to wait a few days then start 2nd episode from beginning.

Similar things often happen with later seasons of shows, especially when there's a lenghty gap between one season and the next.Also this doesn't happen with comedies only more serious shows. I think this is factor in my waiting till shows like Brothers and Sisters,This Is Us, have had their finales to begin watching them, a great benefit of streaming service IMO.

i was quite engaged by first season of Sense 8 on Netflix. But by time 2nd season came out because it is such a complex plot i felt i'd have rewatch whole first season over to grasp it and just wasn't up to it. With Stranger Things i watched S2, E1 but just didn't feel motivated to watch more. But my daughter has been considering.watching it and so i might watch with her. Not having a wait between seasons and having someone to talk with about might help.

Seabiscuit - Great, Feel Good Movie

“Seabiscuit is a 2003 American sports film co-produced, written and directed by Gary Ross and based on the best-selling 1999 non-fiction book Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand. The film is loosely based on the life and racing career of Seabiscuit, an undersized and overlooked Thoroughbred race horse, whose unexpected successes made him a hugely popular media sensation in the United States during the Great Depression. At the 76th Academy Awards, Seabiscuit received seven nominations, including Best Picture.”

Cast:

Recently watched "Play the Flute" about a Pastor teaching a youth group about God and the Bible. The kids were very resistant to him, and it had a beautiful ending. Very inspiring and it left tears in my eyes. Sort of reminded me of Sidney Poitier's movie "To Sir With Love" where the teacher had a difficult time with the students but won them over.

Operation Mincemeat

on Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/title/81428563

true spy story from WWII

Two British intelligence officers hatch an outlandish scheme to trick the Nazis and alter the course of World War II. Based on a true story of deception.
Starring:Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly Macdonald

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

trailer:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

wiki article about the real operation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mincemeat

The movie Lamb is now available on some premium channels, based on an Icelandic story and captioned with subtitles. Concerning a humanoid lamb found in their stock and then adopted by a childless couple, the movie is both captivating and ultimately disturbing… 🐑

D0D0C1DB-B7BC-402F-A8B3-9EA65F300DD5.jpeg

The Great Flamarion (1945) FILM NOIR​

Stars: Erich von Stroheim, Mary Beth Hughes, Dan Duryea Director: Anthony Mann Writer: Vicki Baum (novel) An arrogant vaudeville sharpshooter falls under the spell of his promiscuous assistant who tricks him into accidentally killing her husband. When the double-dealing vixen runs off as soon as the dirty deed is done, the marksman vows to get even!

Operation Mincemeat

on Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/title/81428563

true spy story from WWII

Two British intelligence officers hatch an outlandish scheme to trick the Nazis and alter the course of World War II. Based on a true story of deception.
Starring:Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly Macdonald

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

trailer:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

wiki article about the real operation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mincemeat
Original Movie "The man who never was"1956

Just finished 'The Blob' - 1958, with a very young Steve McQueen.
A movie my brothers and I enjoyed from our past.
Double scary, if you are watching it in a Theater!

And probably one of the worst title songs ever in a movie.

Bpa .....

'Beware of the blob - it creeps
And leaps and glides and slides
Across the floor
Right through the door
And all around the wall
A splotch, a blotch
Be careful of the blob !!

Hustle, a Netflix original, Adam Sandler and Queen Latifah; very good; I'm not even a basketball fan and have only liked Sandler in one other movie, The Wedding Singer; but Hustle was very good.

Over the past week, I watched the three-part PBS documentary Across The Pacific about the formation of the Pan American Airlines (remember them?) and the first commercial aircraft flight across the Pacific. It was pretty interesting. They also went into how those involved helped develop navigation systems that allowed the pilots to find their destinations without having to spot landmarks.
https://www.pbs.org/video/across-the-pacific-airborne-8ms7qa/

I've watched this about 5 times already and I love it. Watching it again: Leaving Las Vegas with Nicolas Cage and Elizabeth Shue. Shows the seedy side of like when you are a down and out alcoholic wanting to die. I really like it and there is EXCELLENT acting. Oh yes, I rented it on Prime.

James Bond film, "No Time to Die" is now on Amazon Prime, for free.

had not really liked a single Jame Bond film since the 70s, but this one was pretty good...

Back