What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Replacing Hulu with a 'FREE' movie channel, I decided on TUBI TV. Acceptable content but with ads. Watched 'The 13th Warrior' again, since my father was Norwegian by birth as were his parents/ancestors giving me a possible viking heritage. I remember at my father's funeral the Viking prayer was read, which was used in an early scene from the movie. True to my recollection it was a good movie. Once a beserker, always a beserker.

Last edited:
To escape the 3-digit heat, Tuesday walked a mile to a local theater and saw Bullet Train. Surprisingly, I was actually entertained. A comical parody for the sake of providing a constant sequence of ridiculous situations to make exaggerated well crafted jokes about. Plus a venue for plenty of over the top fighting action on a fast moving train. So not at all serious. Afterwards went online to read what RottenTomato critics had to say and was surprised a few critics seemed to stupidly think it was to be taken seriously. Just the kind of low attention flick I needed after 2 days of constant wedding social activities that left me rather burned out.

Then yesterday with more baking 3-digit heat driving me away, escaped to same theater and watch Top Gun: Maverick. I'd seen the original decades ago and this followup film was actually well directed, well balanced between action and social dialogues and filmed in all ways.

Twleve O'Clock High (1949):
In this story of the early days of daylight bombing raids over Nazi Germany, General Frank Savage (Gregory Peck) must take command of a "hard luck" bomber group. Much of the story deals with his struggle to whip his group into a disciplined fighting unit in spite of heavy losses, and withering attacks by German fighters over their targets. Actual combat footage is used in this tense war drama.

Back