What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

The Package, starring Gene Hackman, Tommy Lee Jones, and Dennis Franz.

Entertaining movie, not great, but not a waste of time.

A couple evenings ago, since I don't have any paid service, on tubi watched Looper with Bruce Willis with a time travel plot. At the film's beginning there is an explanation of what is going on because it is otherwise too confusing. Not a fan of time travel in sci-fi I consider in the impossible magic realm. Interesting plot well executed for what is there but not a movie I felt positive about and noticed a number of illogical holes.

Then yesterday evening watched a new low budget movie Gemini Project about a space expedition to start a new Earth since ours was being destroyed by human arrogance. Well watched painfully about an hour before bailing. Annoying film script and unbelievable characters that were supposed to be some of the planet's best, able to make a new start. Instead movies and especially TV, tends to give scientists and other supposedly highly intelligent cast people overly emotional irrational behaviors (ie Moonbase: Alpha old tv series) in order to appeal to middle intelligence level of Bell Curve audiences that generally do predictably stupid things one would expect in a comic book.

This Rolling Stones concert video from 2015 is available on Prime Video. I generally hate them live because of Mick Jagger's onstage antics and his horrible singing, but this was a great concert. They performed their album Sticky Fingers in its entirety, plus a few extra songs. There are also a few short interviews with members of the band.

Trucker with Michelle Monaghan on Prime Video. About a woman trucker and her estranged 11 year old son who lives with his father. The father gets sick and she has no choice but to take her son. I enjoyed it.

"Adore": A story about two life-long friends in an Australian seaside community who become romantically involved with each other's sons. Based on Doris Lessing's story, "The Grandmothers." It's disturbing, thought-provoking, surreal, and beautifully photographed. I watched it on Showtime, but you can watch it here for free. > https://arc018.com/watch-movie/watch-adore-free-17413.5301535

Adore

Bella ✌️

We watched Bros, which features a completely LGBTQ cast. It was basically a very high-rated gay rom-com. There were some funny scenes, but not side-splitters. It was "meh" for us. There was a sex scene early in the movie in which an elderly straight couple walked out. Did they not research the movie?

Back