What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Oh no. It's a thriller-action movie. "When a boyfriend tricks Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) into delivering a briefcase to a supposed business contact, the once-carefree student is abducted by thugs who intend to turn her into a drug mule. She is surgically implanted with a package containing a powerful chemical, but it leaks into her system, giving her superhuman abilities, including telekinesis and telepathy. With her former captors in pursuit, Lucy seeks out a neurologist (Morgan Freeman), who she hopes will be able to help her."

I liked it. It kept my attention.
Morgan freeman picks good movies. I love that actor.

Last night on Turner Classic Movies,in a tribute to late Peter Fonda,they aired "Ulee's Gold '97',then Easy Rider' In Ulee's Gold' he plays a beekeeper who tries to keep his family together. He has custody of his 2 grand daughters while his son is in prison,daughter in law trying to get off drugs. I had not seen this movie before,it was good.This is the role Peter was nominated for Best Actor
In some of the scenes,he was wearing glasses similar to the ones his dad,Henry wore in'On Golden Pond'

The Mule
View attachment 76280

Did the red box thing

Clint's gettin' old
But still entertaining

Based on a true story

Quite low key
I do like that

Enjoyed it
When his house is in foreclosure a 90 year old horticulturist decides to become a drug carrier as a way to make money. It’s based on a true story.

You’d probably like “The Worlds Fastest Indian.”
Indian being a motorcycle. Anthony Hopkins plays a fabulous part in this flick. You’d really like it @Gary.
It’s based on a true story.
62A6760B-2957-4131-B503-729DCB6EE4A5.jpeg

Last edited:
So far this weekend I've watched 2 pretty good movies: St Vincent starring Bill Murray and El Dorado starring Robert Mitchum. I enjoyed both of them.

Last night on Turner Classic Movies,watched'Young Frankenstein" '74 Mel Brooks funny parody of Frankenstein movies
A wonderful all star cast,Gene Wilder{co wrote screenplay with Brooks},Madeline Kahn,Cloris Leachman,Peter Boyle,Marty Feldman,Kenneth Mars,Terri Garr. Gene Hackman in an unbilled cameo as the blind hermit
I hadn't seen this movie in quite awhile,still made me laugh
TEEHEE. "What Knockers."
And, "He vould have an enormous schvakstuker."

Last edited:
East Side Sushi.

More and more, I find myself watching movies having to do with food prep and restaurants. Check this one out. It's pretty darn good.

I would open a restaurant, once/if I get settled in my new town, but I know that I'd have to be married to the business, and that's not going to happen. I worked in restaurants as a young guy. I know the grind, pun intended.

Watched this movie this morning, It was okay, learned some things I didn't know:

lordofwar.jpg

Watched this movie this morning. I was trying to figure out what it was about for the longest time and that's what made it a pretty good movie:

loft.jpg

Yay, I got Netflix back, will be watching lots of movies and shows. It's nice to get a month free too. ;) This morning I watched this Quinten Tarantino film called The Hateful Eight--boy were they ever and so much violence and blood just like most of his films. I liked it for the most part and then got tired of all the violence but did watch the end. I'd say it's a good film but beware of all the violence and bloodshed.

thehatefuleight.jpg

This morning I watched a pretty decent movie of the kind of movies I like, adventures, and it was named The Place Beyond the Pines. I watched it on Netflix. It was sad for sure but had some heartwarming moments.

Last night on HBO, "Greta." It scared me. Good for the season. Scary in a non-fictional way like I remember "Waiting for Mr. Goodbar."

Right now, actually. Watching Polar Storm one of those formula natural disaster destroying the earth movies. In this one, a comet hits earth, and throws it off its Axis. Not award winning, but it has my attention for a light watch. It is on Prime.

The last time I actually went to a theater to see a movie was back in the early 80's. I did watch a few movies on tv after that but since giving up tv years ago, I just don't watch movies anymore. I found that part way into a film, I start getting restless and lose interest to the point that I just turn it off. Must say something about what aging has done to me. Now I just read which I find very relaxing.

Back