What Was Your First Sign Of Aging?

I, too, began to get gray hair in my '30's, and by the time I turned 50, the hair was almost totally gray. But, that's no big thing....at least I have a full "Mop" on my head....and have to go to the barber every 4 or 5 weeks to keep it looking halfway decent.

I, too, began to get gray hair in my '30's, and by the time I turned 50, the hair was almost totally gray. But, that's no big thing....at least I have a full "Mop" on my head....and have to go to the barber every 4 or 5 weeks to keep it looking halfway decent.
I started losing my hair in my mid twenties and am a baldie now. Hair didn't start turning gray until I was in late forties.

Besides gray hair? I will be 73 soon and have no wrinkles but the area beneath my chin started dimpling about a year ago. Since my hair stays covered in public, until about that time, I got "carded" when asking for senior discounts and paying senior bus fares.
Gas. Sneaky when you least expect it in a variety of forms gas.

hands like holly saids -----get dry quick-getting a little arthritis in finger joints achey -
not as smooth--but nails are still nice ,
nxt i needed glasses to read with ...
and my knee is achey so getting a x ray this month ..☹

Exactly - that's the frustrating part. I had a talk about this with my o/h, and he says it happens to him too .. but, it happens to me more often.
it definitely doesn't happen to my o/h.. and he's noticed it a lot about me..but he says it's probably nothing to worry about,.. but it concerns me a lot because it's not an occasional thing.. , my mother was young when she died, but I can't remember any of my older relatives including my father , having the same problem..

yes I can imagine Pinks... I feel it makes me look like an imbecile when I'm talking.. it's not even words I rarely use, it's every day words, or words used to describe something or someone..
Oh my gosh. So true. Last year we were getting our pool jackhammered out and replastered, retiled, the works. Was talking to the contractor and I pointed and said, "Will you redo that thing or leave it as it is?"
He asked - and I knew it was coming, "What thing?"
I said "The thing in the deep end that you use to climb out of the pool."
He said slowly, "Um, do you mean, the ladder?"

I felt like an absolute idiot. My brain could not retrieve the word for that ladder. My brain went totally blank. So blank that as I was standing there asking him the question, I thought to myself, how could I have lived with this pool for 34 years and not known what that thing is called?

So, yeah, @Pinky and @hollydolly, I feel your pain on this.

it definitely doesn't happen to my o/h.. and he's noticed it a lot about me..but he says it's probably nothing to worry about,.. but it concerns me a lot because it's not an occasional thing.. , my mother was young when she died, but I can't remember any of my older relatives including my father , having the same problem..
Neither of my parents reached my age, so ... however, I don't see this in my older sisters (one who is 10 yrs. old than me). It does concern me, to the point where, if it continues and worsens, I will ask my doctor to send me for Alzheimer's testing.

Neither of my parents reached my age, so ... however, I don't see this in my older sisters (one who is 10 yrs. old than me). It does concern me, to the point where, if it continues and worsens, I will ask my doctor to send me for Alzheimer's testing.
I'm going to do the same thing, Pinky ..in all seriousness, because it's become a real concern. It matters not so much when I post here about forgetting words because I can take time to think of them, but in conversation it's embarrassing, then of course there's the forgetting of things that have been said to me, or things I've done in real life, all getting to be too often to ignore.

Oh my gosh. So true. Last year we were getting our pool jackhammered out and replastered, retiled, the works. Was talking to the contractor and I pointed and said, "Will you redo that thing or leave it as it is?"

I felt like an absolute idiot. My brain could not retrieve the word for that ladder. My brain went totally blank. So blank that as I was standing there asking him the question, I thought to myself, how could I have lived with this pool for 34 years and not known what that thing is called?

That's it exactly Starsong... horrible isn't it ? :(

It's so frustrating, because you know what you mean, but can't get it out.

Back