What went wrong?

What went wrong.........
what did not........ people men and women expected to do it all .....

People say it is their choice but if a women wants to be a homemaker not chasing some career...... she is often treated differently.
I do not think it is one way OR the other ...
IMO being happy with your choice and division of household or wage earning items regardless of what media/ or others tell you .....is key.

It is what is portrayed on media or pushed by PC warriors etc...... funny thing is we have been lectured on the need for males to embrace their female side .....
then you read surveys or articles saying the women are not interested in dating those and are looking for more older version man's man.

My hope is, I'll either be long gone, or my mind will
Yeah, that's most people's hope but the sad reality is (at least in this country that has no national health service which when it works efficiently, lets old people stay in their own homes longer than in the U.S.) that if you live long enough (especially if you don't have kids that can/will help), you're gonna wind up in a nursing home for at least a few days before you die. Sad but that's just reality.

For economic reasons my mother remained trapped in a terrible marriage. The irony was that she waitressed to put my father through college so he could earn a great living. She didn't focus on a career or college education because they were "a team." (Some team... my father was Don Draper personified.) An all too familiar 20th century story.

She ensured that all of her daughters took typing classes ("something to fall back on"), got ourselves educated and onto good career paths so we could support ourselves. Most of us were fortunate enough to be able to stay home with our children during their very early years, but by the time they were in school we were more than ready to rejoin the working force.

My children were raised to want rewarding relationships and careers, and that their spouses (if they chose to marry) should be likewise fulfilled. Happy to say they're all following that pathway.

As for the offensive term, "sissification," I'll take a man with a soft, gentle, empathetic temperament over John Wayne any day of the week.
This! :love:

What went wrong.........
what did not........ people men and women expected to do it all .....

People say it is their choice but if a women wants to be a homemaker not chasing some career...... she is often treated differently.
I do not think it is one way OR the other ...
IMO being happy with your choice and division of household or wage earning items regardless of what media/ or others tell you .....is key.

It is what is portrayed on media or pushed by PC warriors etc...... funny thing is we have been lectured on the need for males to embrace their female side .....
then you read surveys or articles saying the women are not interested in dating those and are looking for more older version man's man.
Then again, you have the other side--conservatives or non-PC-warriors--also pushing, such as Phyllis Schafly who back in the day railed against "women's lib" saying that women who wanted to work outside the home were hurting their families (the kids especially) by leaving their "poor children in the care of nannies." Welp. Read an article a year or so ago written by 1 of Schafly's nieces who said that she (or some other family member) said at the time something like, "But Auntie; you leave your kids with a nanny when you go on the lecture circuit." And Schafly frowned and said, "Oh, no, I don't! I just have my college gals who help me out from time-to-time; that's different." "From time-to-time": uh huh; I guess Schafley was on the road lecturing close to about 200 days outa the year. Whatever, Mrs. S.

Yeah, that's most people's hope but the sad reality is (at least in this country that has no national health service which when it works efficiently, lets old people stay in their own homes longer than in the U.S.) that if you live long enough (especially if you don't have kids that can/will help), you're gonna wind up in a nursing home for at least a few days before you die. Sad but that's just reality.
Well, if I will still have a brain, I'll pick who gets to tend me

i just pooped.jpg

Phyllis Schafly who back in the day railed against "women's lib"
In my estimation, she was the ultimate hypocrite. She took full advantage of the many trails blazed by women who came before her, including being able to go to law school and sit for the bar, a process started by several women in 1869.

Schlafly's own mother worked during the Depression to support the family (librarian and school teacher) because her father was unemployed.

After using it to her advantage, she railed against feminism. Talk about, "Whew! I'm saved from drowning and have safely climbed aboard the rescue ship. Quick, pull up the ladder so no one else can get on."

Ugh...

Do you have any pictures of that Shalimar? Don't feel bad...my smart phone does fine with speech to text but it seems my tablet is not as smart as my phone. I hate using the text to speech on the tablet because it gets half the words wrong! Very annoying. Both devices are Samsung too.
Diva, I am sorry I don’t. I think my son has them. It is my new iPad that is behaving badly, I don’t have a smart phone. Mobile rates very high in Canuckistan.

Then again, you have the other side--conservatives or non-PC-warriors--also pushing, such as Phyllis Schafly who back in the day railed against "women's lib" saying that women who wanted to work outside the home were hurting their families (the kids especially) by leaving their "poor children in the care of nannies." Welp. Read an article a year or so ago written by 1 of Schafly's nieces who said that she (or some other family member) said at the time something like, "But Auntie; you leave your kids with a nanny when you go on the lecture circuit." And Schafly frowned and said, "Oh, no, I don't! I just have my college gals who help me out from time-to-time; that's different." "From time-to-time": uh huh; I guess Schafley was on the road lecturing close to about 200 days outa the year. Whatever, Mrs. S.
I never said I agreed with either side if you want to frame it that way.................
I just see a disconnect on so many levels...
I worked most all the time but looking back I wish i had taken more time off etc...... no one has it all something is sacrificed ........ regardless if a person sees it at the moment or not.
I think there are so many mixed messages out there for both sexes and frankly have seen both success and failure regardless what path was taken.

I understand that people sometimes use words that many others find offensive as a form of humour, often not realising the demeaning effect such pejorative language can have on their intended targets. Human beings are sensitive, self esteem fragile enough without having their masculinity brought into question or being slammed with

homophobic slurs. It isn’t funny when young people crumble under such, and the end result is suicide. Too many times I have comforted parents over the loss of their children. Words have power. Cruelty can hound vulnerable people to death. 🙁

Speaking of Phyllis Schlafly, a miniseries was made about her called Mrs. America. It was pretty highly rated, but the only place I could find it was on Amazon, and you have to pay for it, even with Prime.

Has anybody seen it?

Well, if I will still have a brain, I'll pick who gets to tend me

View attachment 149409
Not if you're on Medic-Aid, you won't. Even if you're rich enough to afford one of those high-faluting, cash-only kind of places--they start at about $6,000/month around here--you still won't have much choice unless you got a family member who shows up at the place all the time trying to make sure they take halfway-good care of you. Just the facts (my nephew & niece-in-law work in elder care, that & the fact that I went through it with 5 elder parents is where I get my knowledge of this from.)

Never mind Scrabble, Mellow, should be added to today's modern dictionary. :giggle:

And while I'm at it, I would love to see FM's, word... "panzyitis" added to the same dictionary as well! ☺️
No ... the derogatory words "sissification" and "panzyitis" should not be added anywhere or used to describe anyone. They are disgusting words and are only meant to hurt homosexuals.

What right has anyone to stand in judgement over any human being who does not fit their so called "norms." Shameful !!!!

I believe people who use these words should examine their own sexuality before casting a stone :(:(

Not if you're on Medic-Aid, you won't. Even if you're rich enough to afford one of those high-faluting, cash-only kind of places--they start at about $6,000/month around here--you still won't have much choice unless you got a family member who shows up at the place all the time trying to make sure they take halfway-good care of you. Just the facts (my nephew & niece-in-law work in elder care, that & the fact that I went through it with 5 elder parents is where I get my knowledge of this from.)
Yeah, my wife did assisted care for about ten years
So did a half dozen relatives
I do know the abuse and neglect first hand
Latest was the treatment of my schizophrenic son

I generally keep things light
I can get heavy.....but there's plenty of heavy without my contribution
So.....I keep it light

Get's down to it, and I gotta be put in a home, I'll tap my little brother
He owns a couple high end adult care places
Several local celebs reside there

But, as I said, I tend to keep things light
So, you go ahead and pound away
It'll even out

(Note to self; SHEESH!)

Yeah, my wife did assisted care for about ten years
So did a half dozen relatives
I do know the abuse and neglect first hand
Latest was the treatment of my schizophrenic son

I generally keep things light
I can get heavy.....but there's plenty of heavy without my contribution
So.....I keep it light

Get's down to it, and I gotta be put in a home, I'll tap my little brother
He owns a couple high end adult care places
Several local celebs reside there

But, as I said, I tend to keep things light
So, you go ahead and pound away
It'll even out

(Note to self; SHEESH!)
Hey, Gary, any room on the "SHEESH box" for me? :giggle:

Plenty of room at the moment, but it may get crowded
(some lifeless folks just gotta get some personal pointy point across....not sure why the burden)
Like those masses of burrs one occasionally walks into while out and about in the wilderness, nasty little buggers they are... and a real pain to remove, too, depending on where one get's one, and no sooner you remove the one, you got another. :ROFLMAO:

I understand that people sometimes use words that many others find offensive as a form of humour, often not realising the demeaning effect such pejorative language can have on their intended targets. Human beings are sensitive, self esteem fragile enough without having their masculinity brought into question or being slammed with

homophobic slurs. It isn’t funny when young people crumble under such, and the end result is suicide. Too many times I have comforted parents over the loss of their children. Words have power. Cruelty can hound vulnerable people to death. 🙁
Well said Shalimar (y)... in my profession I have seen people suicide because the mindless morons among us will not let them live. If a person is happy and comfortable in their own skin, they have no need to point the finger.

Well said Shalimar (y)... in my profession I have seen people suicide because the mindless morons among us will not let them live. If a person is happy and comfortable in their own skin, they have no need to point the finger.
it is something we in the helping professions never become accustomed to. All those young lives destroyed needlessly, families left to grieve forever.

I have noticed how romantic and inviting the past is in comparison to today. The pic of James Dean, in a leather jacket ( which only hoodlums wore in the 50-60s, same with those 'jeans'- (only degenerates and "JD's" wore those.) Then there's pic of some fop on a scooter. And ""what went wrong?" There was nothing that went wrong. The Dean pic was an aberration of society of that era. Very few were walking around dressed like that, and on a motorcycle. It's like taking a pic of astronauts on the moon as normal, and portraying it as the average American. Same a with the pic of the fop. It's just two pics, and someone's version of events. I don't believe there is any real change in our selves. This is just internet hype.

Back