What Will Black Friday Look Like?

If you live in Colorado or Oregon and ask for an Instapot, what do you actually get?
Maybe some kind of instant grow your own kit? :oops: o_O

Tony

Has anyone looked at the AirFryers instead of the Instapot. My DD has both and loves the AirFryer, except that it’s too small for her family.

I’ll look online. No stores for me.
Be careful buying Air Fryers. Do some research before you buy.

20% for shoppers but 100% allowed for rioters, looters, and other Soros terrorists just like it has been this past year.
20% for shoppers but 100% allowed for rioters, looters, and other Soros terrorists just like it has been this past year.
Sorry, but here the state has mandated no more than 20% of regular occupancy in stores -- in stores that are allowed to remain open right now, that is. And it's being enforced.

I, personally, have never shopped on Thanksgiving day or Black Friday. But, from advertising, there seem to be more online promotions....and for brick/mortar stores, "Black Friday" specials all month long.
I do know that Walmart, which usually opened on Thanksgiving, announced back in April they would be closing that day.

I just bought a new Kindle online yesterday, from Target. The price was very low. They have started their Black Friday sale at least a week early!

I just bought a new Kindle online yesterday, from Target. The price was very low. They have started their Black Friday sale at least a week early!
Sunny, I've been wondering about buying one of these. I'm pretty much a book person, but it is getting much harder to get books at reasonable prices (or at all, except for ordering them online). Most books I don't particularly care to keep after I read them, anyway.

SO -- how do you go about going about getting new "books" for the kindle? Are they expensive? How does the whole thing work?

Butterfly, if you know how to buy books from Amazon, it's really no different. Just go to the book you want, and when you're ready to order it, they give you the choice (usually) of hard cover, soft cover, Kindle, or audio. Click on Kindle, and as soon as you pay, the book is instantly "sent" to your Kindle. Couldn't be easier!

Of course, you have to register your device once, when you first get it. I don't think it's particularly hard to do.

My old kindle is one of their oldest models, as I got it a long time ago, when they first came out with this idea. It's OK, but doesn't have a lighted screen, as the new ones do, and the screen is always a horrible gray color. It's like reading a book printed on gray paper! Somehow, that puts me off.

The one thing I don't like about Kindle per se, is that when you're finished with the book, you can't pass it along to someone else. At least, I don't think you can. It's yours forever.

The Kindle books are always less expensive than the paper ones.

My new Kindle (basic model) is only $59, but they do have fancier ones. I got the plain Kindle, rather than Kindle Paperwhite, because it says the Paperwhite is heavier and more expensive. The one reason for getting it is that it's waterproof. Since I don't read in the shower, that seemed unnecessary to me.

Hope that answers all your questions.

I shopped ONCE at a Black Friday sales where I bought an artificial Christmas tree many years ago and a new TV for hubby. Never went back even though it was pleasant enough. Home Depot had hot cocoa and pastries for everyone. Even though I was at the beginning of the line ... I almost didn't get the TV because people were running and grabbing all of the TVs at Sam's. Never again!

Last edited:
So many stores are offering online BF deals and curbside pickup. Walmart has a system of delivering items right to the car. Amazon tries to outdo BF sales at brick and mortar stores.

I got a email from the Aussie scam watch this morning to be in alert about Black Friday sales.

Scammers have created fake websites that look like genuine online stores
Thanks for the heads up. This only make sense considering how good the scammers are.

I had an unlisted number phone me this afternoon demanding I pay my Amazon prime account using my credit card .

Ive never had a AP account :(:( .,I don’t buy enough from them to warrant the free postage they offer by being a member

I love getting my books from Amazon. I prefer them to the kindle I have. The kindle is one my daughter gave me when they first came out and I don't like it. I prefer a real book and love the options Amazon gives you. I ordered some yesterday and am looking forward to staying in and reading my books.

Back