What's for dinner ( or lunch )

Just about to go down and make chicken , with a mushroom Medley and sprout..Stir Fry...with soy and hoisin sauce

It's al prepared, just waiting for the chicken to cook.. and then I'll carve it.. and pop it into the noodles..

I will most likely eat junk food. I went to the store yesterday. I did pick up a little coconut cake. I have lots of things in the freezer but more than likely I will have breakfast for dinner. Who knows, I may get crazy and order a pizza. The dogs would be thrilled, they love to get the crust! If I spoil myself, I spoil them too!!

For lunch I made a grilled cheese and tuna sandwich. Though slightly more expensive, I usually keep several of those packets on hand. Makes just enough for one sandwich.
For dinner I made a stupidly unhealthy packet of ramen noodles.

ooo, I love fish and chips! The battered kind like you have there and not the icky breaded kind. Why do they wanna wreck a perfectly good piece of fish with breading?
@Medusa , our fish is always battered when bought from a chippies.. you can buy breaded fish frozen from the supermarket and breaded fishfingers.. But I much prefer battered, in both, as it's so much tastier... And, more traditional... 🐟

@Medusa , our fish is always battered when bought from a chippies.. you can buy breaded fish frozen from the supermarket and breaded fishfingers.. But I much prefer battered, in both, as it's so much tastier... And, more traditional... 🐟
Our fish fingers (which are fish sticks here) are also breaded and I'm trying to think of whether or not battered frozen fish can be purchased... probably it can and I just don't remember.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because fish and chips (and by the way this is the only circumstance under which we refer to fries as chips) are only really good when bought freshly cooked.

There used to be a prominent restaurant chain here called, H. Salt Fish and Chips that I remember from childhood. They had the most amazing fish and chips which were served in newspaper wrapping, which seemed so much fun to me.

I haven't seen one in years, though.

Now, if I want fish and chips (really good fish and chips) I have to go to an actual restaurant like, Bone Fish Grill and pay $25 for a dinner plate.

Our fish fingers (which are fish sticks here) are also breaded and I'm trying to think of whether or not battered frozen fish can be purchased... probably it can and I just don't remember.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because fish and chips (and by the way this is the only circumstance under which we refer to fries as chips) are only really good when bought freshly cooked.

There used to be a prominent restaurant chain here called, H. Salt Fish and Chips that I remember from childhood. They had the most amazing fish and chips which were served in newspaper wrapping, which seemed so much fun to me.

Now, if I want fish and chips (really good fish and chips) I have to go to an actual restaurant like, Bone Fish Grill and pay $25 for a dinner plate.
For $25 you only got a dinner plate! ;) Sheeesh, I'd expect fish and chips for that as well!!

We can have breaded or Battered fish fingers (sticks).. I don't like breadcrumbs so I prefer the battered ones.. they're also much bigger than the breaded ones ..and yes lots of battered frozen fish can be bought here... like these for example..

11947011_0_640x640.jpg

555390011_0_640x640.jpg

and loads of variations.. and the battered fish fingers..

Back