What's for dinner ( or lunch )

i just ate a chocolate biscuit with my tea... I'm serious when I tell you that's the last thing I should eat late at night, it has potential to stop me sleeping and usually does if I eat something like chocolate or cheese late.....so I'm stupid!!

Just had a stuffed bell pepper, the pepper and most of the stuffing came from the garden. For desert had some yogurt with peach sauce, made from our peaches.

Been making a lot of the peach sauce this year. Just cut the peaches up and boil them down for about 12 hours. No ingredients except peaches. As I have said before we have a small peach orchard, we use the overripe ones that the farmer can't sell. Lots and lots of them this year!

I don't even feel like dinner after what I just ate for a snack.

Believe it or not there is such a thing as too much chocolate. There was Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake on sale, mini ones but still a overload of chocolate with chocolate crumb base an inch thick, then the chocolate cheesecake filling topped with a chalf inch high chocolate glaze.

And I hate to waste food, what can I say except oink
CHOCOLATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a week of unseasonably good weather, today it's cold, wet and windy. Lunch will be chicken and vegetable soup, and I'm planning lasagne for dinner this evening. Recently I've found it increasingly difficult to find lasagne sheets made with egg, however I was in the city a week ago and found some in Marks&Sparks, so I'll try that this evening. I used to have a pasta maker, but never made enough use of it.

Daughter's family came over last night so we had some (homemade) pizza from my freezer. I've only got a little bit left and she's completely out. as are my sons.

Fortunately, evening temperatures have cooled enough to keep the oven at 550°F for several hours so I can replenish my and my children's pizza stashes. I foresee a fun pizza making night in the near future.
:cool: ❤️

In our dining room at my assisted living, we had pork roast, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, roll and banana pudding. A true Georgia meal.
For dinner tonight will be ham steak, scrambled eggs, potato casserole and ambrosia for dessert.
I have gained 20 pounds since moving in here.😂

In our dining room at my assisted living, we had pork roast, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, roll and banana pudding. A true Georgia meal.
For dinner tonight will be ham steak, scrambled eggs, potato casserole and ambrosia for dessert.
I have gained 20 pounds since moving in here.😂
Easy to do, I think.
My father-in-law gained weight in his AL He took it off when he put in a standing order for dry whole wheat toast and fruit for breakfast and a fruit plate or salad with dressing on the side for lunch.

@CinnamonSugar: A couple of weeks ago you recommended An Ideal Husband (1999 version). My husband and I watched it last night and greatly enjoyed it. Bonus is that the movie is based on Oscar Wilde's play of the same name. Coincidentally, I've been reading up on Mr. Wilde recently because he was mentioned quite frequently in book I read recently (The Guncle, by Steven Rowley - which I recommend highly).

Thanks again for pointing out this delightful movie!

I want to make homemade cream of mushroom soup. I bought the 'shrooms yesterday. I also bought some Delicata squash; not that they go together but I think I'm going to enjoy both.
iu

Rearranging the freezer and I just found a hunk of fruitcake from last Christmas. Going to cube it up and put a big scoop of ice cream on top and enjoy.....I like fruitcake. That will be lunch.

Maybe some poutine and a chicken mozza burger for dinner.

calories, calories, will diet in December, yeah right

Rearranging the freezer and I just found a hunk of fruitcake from last Christmas. Going to cube it up and put a big scoop of ice cream on top and enjoy.....I like fruitcake. That will be lunch.

Maybe some poutine and a chicken mozza burger for dinner.

calories, calories, will diet in December, yeah right
Will diet in December? Can't say I've ever heard that one before... January is more like it!

Back