What's the best email service provider for personal usage in your opinion?

First known electronic e mail..

iu

Anyone here have good things to say about Yahoo?
I used Yahoo for many years for my business email. I still use it occasionally. The good thing about it is the anti-spam filter works if you keep up with identifying spam when you get it. Otherwise just mediocre, I stick with it out of history... I do pay something for a business account, not a lot.

I use gmail for my home email, it is ok, but I don't think as good at filtering spam. My gmail is free.

I wish there was a good one. I much prefer using a pop based reader (Thunderbird) than web based like Yahoo. Anyway, I begrudgingly use GMAIL now and it supports Thunderbird. For many years I was happy with Hotmail but unfortunately they have become unreliably.

I've used Yahoo e-mail for 20+ years. Changing to another service would be quite a hassle. I get the daily ration of "spam", Yahoo sends most of that stuff to the spam folder, but I still check the messages before I open/delete them.

I use Yahoo and have had no problems. I also have Proton Mail but have not used it much.
+1 for Protonmail. Proton Mail (also written as ProtonMail) is an end-to-end encrypted email service. It uses client-side encryption to protect email content and user data before they are sent to Proton Mail servers, unlike other common email providers such as Gmail and Outlook.com.

+1 for Protonmail. Proton Mail (also written as ProtonMail) is an end-to-end encrypted email service. It uses client-side encryption to protect email content and user data before they are sent to Proton Mail servers, unlike other common email providers such as Gmail and Outlook.com.
Agreed... I opened my ProtonMail to use as a "tossaway" mailbox but little by little I started switching it over to be a main email because I like it so much. I still use Gmail most, but it's really nice to have a reliable backup. @Nathan

I don't have anything good to say about Yahoo .... I was overrun with spam until I just couldn't use my account anymore.
That was about 8 years ago. Had to delete it.

Gmail is my preference, because my accounts with them seem secure, and nothing bad has happened YET!

For strictly email I vote for protonmail. Gmail is all around good, secure and if you have a Google acount for Gmail then you also have all the useful tools that Google offers: Youtube, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Photos, Calendar, etc.

Back