What's the best way to get a man to like you at age 53

Any man or you have someone in mind?
If your trying to just meet someone, go hang out at places you like, or doing things you enjoy.
The men you will meet already will have something in common,
Be yourself, but you will need to be a little forward... you cant hide in a corner and expect them to find you.
Good luck and welcome to the forum

ask because I'm losing it my husband died 13 years ago and ever since I haven't seen a man talk to me
why?

Need more info;

The reason I request this, is
I've got this friend
He lost his wife a couple years ago
Hungarian fellow
Pretty well mannered
But a little rough
He lives in an off grid cabin in southern Oregon

Anyway, he's not on the prowl or anything, but he'd 'like to have some contact with something soft......soon'
Guess bears and cougars ain't cuttin' it

What region of this planet do you call home?

He's willing to travel

Do you cook?

Do you have pictures?
.......of yer cookware?

There is this whole law of attraction that happens as we live our lives. Can't explain it except people are naturally drawn to each other including predators so be weary.

A close friend of mine met a guy in church and shortly thereafter got married. He complained to church elders she wasn't a good and faithful because he didn't have access to her bank account. To make a long story short the stole more than $30,000 from her account and put into his son's account so the money could not be traced.

Some guys troll for certain types of women to take advantage of. Not all men are that way, some are lonely and would like to be in a relationship.

The world doesn't change except for the situations and circumstances in which we are a part of.

I think the best way you will meet somebody to hang out with, become friends, and maybe more one day down the road... But as someone says, start hanging out the places you like... See a guy who may be interesting... go and start up a conversation... YOU just might meet someone you like... Basically the same thing YOU did when YOU were 20... But may have to try a little harder nowadays...

What's the best way to get a man to like you at age 53
I ask because I'm losing it my husband died 13 years ago and ever since I haven't seen a man talk to me
why?

I was going to say "enjoy your freedom", but I noticed that you're still pretty young, at 53...
In the 13 years you've been alone, have you come to appreciate having total control over your life? When I was single for a prolonged time(7 years)after my divorce, I learned to enjoy my own company. Even now, 'tho I've been remarried for 18 years, I enjoy my "me" time, and consider my own view and thoughts to be near & dear.
But, if you think you are ready for a relationship, there are plenty of avenues through which to meet and eventually date someone. Parents Without Partners is a good source to meet mature singles. Of course there are online dating services, I know nothing about them, but if you Google "online dating mature" or something I'm sure you'll find a bunch of sites.

Need more info;

The reason I request this, is
I've got this friend
He lost his wife a couple years ago
Hungarian fellow
Pretty well mannered
But a little rough
He lives in an off grid cabin in southern Oregon

Anyway, he's not on the prowl or anything, but he'd 'like to have some contact with something soft......soon'
Guess bears and cougars ain't cuttin' it

What region of this planet do you call home?

He's willing to travel

Do you cook?

Do you have pictures?
.......of yer cookware?
Might be simpler to just buy your buddy a bag of bell peppers?

Men seem to be able to spot desperate women and tend to either stay away from them or find ways to take advantage of them. Relax and be you. Be open and friendly but careful not to be too open. If you have to change who you are to get a man to be interested enough to talk to you...then either you have a people problem or he isn't worth your time.

Put your picture on here and tell us about you! Yes, RIGHT ON THIS THREAD! You're only 53? That's just a baby!
Some of us have children your age, SINGLE children!
Maybe we can help you find someone!
Tell us your description of exactly what you want in a man! Maybe we know someone perfect for you!

I'm in my 70's and men come up to me all the time and say hello. I was shocked the first time this happened. I said, "Oh! You can SEE me?"
He laughed and that's it! Start of a conversation!
Any wonderful thing can happen at any moment. Be open to anything and have an air of expectancy. Oh! and smile!

This thread reminds me of another Trooper who lost his wife to cancer. He was maybe 50 y/o. Whenever he would meet a woman and get to talking for awhile, they eventually would get around to what they did for a living.

He came to work one day and told us that he met a very beautiful woman that was built nice and dressed nice. When he told her that he was a State Trooper, she laughed at him. He asked her why was she laughing. She said to him, “Do you know how many times that I have heard that line? It seems that every man that I meet is either a state cop, FBI agent, CIA agent or an astronaut.”

Who would admit to being a state cop?

Last edited:
When you meet a man who appeals to you just say hello and give a little smile, if he's one you'd be interested in. Just be yourself as I'm sure you have many fine qualities.

Back