What's your favorite sandwich?

I am getting so hungry reading all these sandwiches and I still have to go to the grocery store. My favorite sandwich is one I haven't had in many years. It was a hoagy, or sub. I've forgotten what they called it, but it was made by a bakery in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. It had ham, roast beef and salami on a section of a long loaf of bread that they baked. It had some special mustard, mayo, swiss cheese and sliced Kosher dill pickles. I've tried to duplicate it at home and have come close, but it's just not the same.

I have alot of favorites, but one my step-son used to run on the menu, at the restaurant he owned is: Grilled Ahi burger.

Ahi, a type of Tuna, big thick steak(almost 2" thick), grilled, on a whole wheat bun, plus a slice of cheese(your choice), the usual trimmings plus a really good creamy cilantro dressing(fresh made).

My stomach's growling.

Favorite is a home grown tomato that has never been refrigerated on good white bread with Hellman's mayonnaise. And of course a large glass of 2% milk. A friend of my daughters' brought her a sack of homegrown tomatoes and she shared with me. I had a tomato sandwich everyday until they ran out. Of course that's the old southern girl coming out!

My favorites in terms of food fluctuate as I get tired of eating the same things. Lately my favorite sandwich is a chipotle black bean burger, topped with a thick slice of sweet onion, topped with a bit of whipped cream cheese on very seeded toast bread.

Back