Why do people laugh at everything?

A poem I wrote about a man's unpleasant experience due to Essential Tremor shaking I turned humorous and he reacted with a laugh and he was surprised that it was possible to find anything funny in going through problems caused by badly shaking. After the fact, or during, it is possible to see right away, or afterwards, humor in certain unpleasant situations. imo

"A health professional I know laughs and grins about everything"

Now why do you suppose a health professional would do that? I'm guessing because it's healthy!
When I'm around someone who laughs a lot, like I do, I'm not annoyed, I'm all in. I see it as a good time for a good time.

It's really easy to distinguish between good people who laugh for a good time and a-holes who laugh at other people's misfortunes. Those people aren't fun to be around.

I get the feeling they are laughing at me and I am not so funny. The health pro actually told me that her happy grins were a cover for her malaise inside. I don't like laughing in medical issues or any serious situation because it is a lack of respect and courtesy and not taking you seriously or dissing. I told my college classes this. I like to laugh too and joke around but not at someone. People laugh at deafness or broken teeth or killed by a bus. Not a reason to laugh anywhere anytime for anyone in real life.

I had a great aunt, who passed away. She had a condition, which caused her to gain excessive weight, due to water retention. She had to have a "triple' casket- three times the size of a normal casket. And no six men on the planet could lift it, so for the funeral, they decided to keep it in the hearse in front of the Catholic Church, which just happened to be on a hill. At one point in the ceremony, the priest was to walk around the hearse with the casket, and shower it with incense. As he did so, the hearse began to roll away. Nobody set the parking break. So the priest, the pallbearers and others all ran after it, as it picked up speed, down hill.. It wound up blocks away, in a rose garden, narrowly missing a house. One of my aunts was impressed by her brother, my uncle,, who was so broken up that he was "shaking, and crying in grief". at the death of his beloved aunt. I was next to him, and both of us were dying of laughter at the sight of the hearse, careening down the street. The point is laughter does not always mean disrespect.

On satellite there are two show: Ridiculous is the name of one, the host shows a clip, the two or three stooges cackle with fake laughter,
can't remember the name of the other one.
Laugh on command, I suppose your taught how to do that.
These two shows are obnoxious, debasing real humor.

We know TV is a wasteland, but these shows:poop:

I've never understood why people think "America's Funniest Home Videos" tv show is funny. It's 90% making fun of people getting hurt. The show was on season after season (and may still be). The one time I watched it, I cringed everytime a child was crying while the parents filmed it, or older folks falling, or some falling off bikes. And the audience was in an uproar of laughter. Why was that show so popular? I don't get it.

4044055_0.jpg

I've never understood why people think "America's Funniest Home Videos" tv show is funny. It's 90% making fun of people getting hurt. The show was on season after season (and may still be). The one time I watched it, I cringed everytime a child was crying while the parents filmed it, or older folks falling, or some falling off bikes. And the audience was in an uproar of laughter. Why was that show so popular? I don't get it.
My wife and I absolutely agree with you. We find that show disgusting.

I had a great aunt, who passed away. She had a condition, which caused her to gain excessive weight, due to water retention. She had to have a "triple' casket- three times the size of a normal casket. And no six men on the planet could lift it, so for the funeral, they decided to keep it in the hearse in front of the Catholic Church, which just happened to be on a hill. At one point in the ceremony, the priest was to walk around the hearse with the casket, and shower it with incense. As he did so, the hearse began to roll away. Nobody set the parking break. So the priest, the pallbearers and others all ran after it, as it picked up speed, down hill.. It wound up blocks away, in a rose garden, narrowly missing a house. One of my aunts was impressed by her brother, my uncle,, who was so broken up that he was "shaking, and crying in grief". at the death of his beloved aunt. I was next to him, and both of us were dying of laughter at the sight of the hearse, careening down the street. The point is laughter does not always mean disrespect.
Reminded me of my father's viewing at the mortuary. I noted that he had a slight smile on his face.
I told my sister, "I'd be smiling, too if I never had to deal with our mother again."

I think farts are funny, always have, probably always will. I think it would be especially funny to hear a female commentator fart, live, during her broadcast.
My brother Keith has always been like you. One time, after we were all grown-up, we were at my parent's house with our spouses and decided we'd all go see a local historic site. A very officious woman led us around giving pedantic speeches about it all while we quietly listened. Then, in mid-sentence her body let out an unmistakable, very loud sound. We maintained stoic facades until we got back to the car and fell all over the place laughing. Then my father said, "All I could think was, "Don't look at Keith." Then we all laughed some more because we had all been thinking the same thing.

There is something called "smiling depression", maybe that includes laughing. Some may try to hide their sadness by laughing and smiling and I wish they would not do that. It is good to show when you are sad, so others will understand and help if they can.

My brother Keith has always been like you. One time, after we were all grown-up, we were at my parent's house with our spouses and decided we'd all go see a local historic site. A very officious woman led us around giving pedantic speeches about it all while we quietly listened. Then, in mid-sentence her body let out an unmistakable, very loud sound. We maintained stoic facades until we got back to the car and fell all over the place laughing. Then my father said, "All I could think was, "Don't look at Keith." Then we all laughed some more because we had all been thinking the same thing.
We likely will never meet but I like your brother. He’s my kind of guy! And you, I like your story! Thank you so much for sharing it with me. I don’t laugh at everything, I guess but I do laugh at whatever I think is funny. Maybe that’s inappropriate behavior at my advanced age but if so, it makes me laugh to think that people find my laughter offensive. Call me inappropriate, I’ve been called worse! 😛

Oh boy, I'm a giggler. And I can find something funny in most things. I don't laugh at other people's misfortunes BUT I'm guilty of schadenfreude when I see instant karma like a bully getting bullied.

I don't find toilet humor funny BUT Guilianni farting was really hilarious!!! And yes I think sometimes it's a coping mechanism (not the farting, the laughing) but most of the time, people just laugh because they see or hear something funny like hearing Giuliani fart.

Oh boy, I'm a giggler. And I can find something funny in most things. I don't laugh at other people's misfortunes BUT I'm guilty of schadenfreude when I see instant karma like a bully getting bullied.

I don't find toilet humor funny BUT Guilianni farting was really hilarious!!! And yes I think sometimes it's a coping mechanism (not the farting, the laughing) but most of the time, people just laugh because they see or hear something funny like hearing Giuliani fart.
It would be disgusting if it wasn’t so funny but then again, I like AFHV’s. They mostly make me laugh. And I’d rather laugh out loud than cry out loud pretty much any day of the week. 🤣🤣🤣

It was funny AND disgusting. 😂

I like Carlin. He's got some.funny material on religion. I also like Jim Jeffries, Ricky Gervais, and Jimmy Carr. The irreverent triad 😂
Whoa, I always believed that I had a twin out there, somewhere. Your tastes in humor mirror mine it sounds like. No one makes irreverence any funnier than those boys from across the pond! Thanks for sharing!

Back