Wicked hellish sore throat

Aw, Nathan, please don't die. That would depress us, and I'm pretty sure it would ruin your day. I hope it's not Strep. Please take care of yourself. You can snivel all you want to, anytime you want to. 🤗

need a tissue for that issue? - need a tissue - quickmeme

After 7 publicly active years as a retired senior without even a head cold, much less COVID-19 (3 Phizers), I caught a case of the OMICRON STRAIN of coronavirus after attending a huge multi day music festival October 2 several weeks ago. It caused a horrendous long lasting nasal infection as it is stubborn up and down day after night after day. First 5 days cycling fever up and down to 101F. First 24 hours gastrointestinal nausea as part of fever effects. But the DNA replication entity robots were solidly locked into my right side of head sinus recess. So I was dead meat this time and knew it. My bad sinus recesses infection lasted two weeks at a moderately annoying level of war all day and night. I was determined not to come down with a cough.

I give others advice on how to deal with head colds without using medicines in order to not come down with sore throats and coughs. Even then there are some viruses that so quickly colonize one's throat epithelial cells that circumstance of what one is doing once it is noticed, doesn't allow what I would advise that is do so at home, early. For what it is worth, hoping something helps...

Understand how viruses that cause upper respiratory tract infections use gravity flow of common human head/neck positions while awake to slime down and get hung up on the epiglottis and upper windpipe rim, that viruses have evolved over millions of generations to attack creatures. Mucus stuck on the epiglottis and the top rim of the windpipe can feel like intractable glue one must cough up or wash away. See the immune system animation thread link at bottom.

Any mucus that reaches and then flows down into the windpipe is much worse than merely breathing virus from nasal breathing of external air through nasal passages, because cytokine proteins in the mucus are vastly more numerous and will upon cell wall contact unleash a cell recycle chemical command that allows much greater extracellular fluids to flow around tissues of damaged areas making it easy for viruses to get inside and hijack ailing cells before they become unusable. So viruses hijack that necessary cell repair mechanism to enter healthy cells and then use cell protein replication machinery to reproduce myriad new virus protein packages as a cascade.

But that cytokine cell recycling process will also do so on the otherwise healthy windpipe epithelial cells that normally just deals with phlegm of their own throat cell making with cilia that is otherwise just coughed up occasionally. So after the virus takes over the throat cell RNA machinery, a classic "sore throat" that then causes a virus spewing cough. Avoid a sore throat and one more likely won't get a tickling cough that constantly for 2 weeks slight OMICRON watery post nasal drip aggravates and is often barely noticeable. That allows virus to break down cell walls in the throat, taking over their RNA protein machinery, and after causing a burst cell wall command, myriad more virus are closer than ever to a human's lungs.

https://clancy-ent.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/mitec-microlaryngoscopy.jpg

While head cold sick, Mr Dave prone, orients his head to the side and or down, so mucus by gravity flow ends up in pharynx but not the epiglottis. Yeah lots of uncomfortable positions that also often change, often grabbing Kleenex tissues and water bottle then coping allowing time to allows body to heal. Until enough mucus has arrived as he senses the gunk in his throat, that as he swallows water from a flask he gargles against the back of his throat to help dislodge any hung up mucus with viruses and cytokines that he cannot otherwise blow his nose to remove or cough up. I have over adult decades absolutely hated being sick.

So yeah after 2 weeks of that mostly all day and night nauseatingly scary though boring war, was mostly rid of the main sinus symptoms, never developed a tickling cough, so kept throat and lungs healthy.

No wonder some with unhealthy immune systems die from the disease. But took about 4 weeks to really rid it from my body in ways I could notice. I knew I had OMICRON because I had white COVID tongue (top surface, no sores) for 4 weeks. This drawing shows all the lymph nodes that have evolved in with earth mammals about those throat areas to combat the endless war against robot-like mindless evolved virus. I did stay away from more than masked briefly in the public for 5 weeks.

https://healthiack.com/wp-content/uploads/Pictures-of-Anterior-Cervical-Lymph-Nodes-832.jpg

Two links to immune system youtube video animations in this thread:

4 short videos: Our bodies are always killing Cancer cells

Last edited:
I've literally felt like I was going to die today, so I thought I might snivel a bit. 😆 I just know that I 'll feel much better tomorrow, cause I 'll either be healing or be dead.
I gotta go now, there's still time to get more sleep before bedtime.
Sorry, Nathan. I feel for you. Your immune system is likely down with all going on.

I hadn't gotten sick since Covid and rarely did I ever before that. When my granddaughters were babies and had the boogery colds I never caught them. Now, the last two times I saw my grandson he had a cold and I caught it both times.
It started with a very very, bad sore throat.

Rest whenever you can and feel better soon.

with lemon juice or something I think I've heard in the past?
Yes lemon juice is recommended but I don't use it. Acid reflux so I stay away from that.
I found a good heaped teaspoon of liquid honey soothes and heals . It also helps to keep lips soft in the winter with the heated rooms.
Honey is also good for many other health things....Mr Google will tell ya all about it.
So now this reminds me I did not take my daily spoonful yet.
Off to do that right now.

Back