Will microwaving mail (letters) sterilize it?

I use latex gloves .
Same here.....throw the envelope away, read the mail, and if it's kept, I spray it down with Lysol (which is running low and cant find anymore)....then the gloves get discarded....so now I realize that after a day or so, the virus will die on its own on the paper, for when I have to view it again, esp the bills.

I think it's moisture molecules in food that are activated by the microwaves which then release heat. There may be a little moisture in the paper of a piece of mail. Maybe put a cup of water in the microwave with the mail and steam the crap out of it.

I put an old piece of newspaper on the table when I go to get the mail. I wear gloves getting the mail and the junk goes straight in the trash without opening. The rest I open with the gloves on and throw the envelope into the trash, that way the bill or whatever can be read with little worry. I don't worry about the newspaper either, bring it in in the plastic bag and throw the bag out, don't even use gloves for that.

I think we all just decide what and what not we're comfortable doing. I think it's not too horrible to touch something if it does have the virus on it, as long as we don't touch our face, eyes or mouth afterwards. Been washing my hands a lot.

I use forceps when retrieving my mail, then let it sit for a couple of days. My neighbors think I’m nuts. I am :cool:

I have informed delivery so know if something important is being delivered. I changed all my billing to paperless. Intense UV would likely kill any virus over a period of time, but the jury is still out on that theory.

I hope the suns UV kills it, but it still thrives in Florida, so who knows.

Blows my mind to think about the impact this has had on the whole world. What is to come?

Back