Women prefer men with beards as they're seen as more 'dominant and attractive'

So here's the thing. Beards are currently "in." If this study had been taken 10 years ago, I think the results would have been very different. My husband has a beard. I think he has it because he hates shaving. Can't say I blame him. Ten years from now, things may be different. Personally, I think beards are good for some people, not so good for others. I'd bet this study/survey was government funded. Your tax dollars at work. Not enough eye-roll emojis for this one.

I wore a mustache when I met my wife. She hated it, so I shaved it off. Besides, I would get an ingrown hair now and then and they hurt.

Then, in the winter, before I would head to the mountains, I would grow a light beard. As soon as I got home, I shaved it off.

Anyway, the Pennsylvania State Police does not allow any Trooper to wear a beard. They also aren’t crazy about mustaches.

It depends on the man and his bone structure. Some men have such handsome faces it might be a shame to hide it with a beard. Others look like girls without facial hair. Very feminine. BF has a full trimmed beard and 'stache. It's fine with me.

I've always found men with mustaches sexy (ex Tom Selleck). I like beards, too, but only if neat and short. Example is the Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, he was handsome clean shaven and even more handsome with facial hair.

images
images
1579454246857.jpeg1579454327627.jpeg

My favorite CBS new comedy is "Bob ❤Abishola". Bob tells Abishola that everyone is making fun of his new mustache. She looks at him sweetly and says, "I like it. It makes you look more manly". The look on Bob's face is priceless. LOL

1579459866708.jpeg

In 1957 I was going from Virginia to Greece by sea. It seemed like a good time to experiment with a mustache and beard. A number of my shipmates did the same. By the 3rd day it itched so bad that I shave it all off.

About 15 years later I grew just a mustache. My wife said it was "like kissing Brillo". Then we went snorkeling and my face mask leaked, No facial hair since.

I have had a beard since I was about fifteen. Over the years, I've shaved it off, but never felt great about doing so. There's a story behind this:

When i was a little kid, my mom used to stroke my face, and say, "THIS is going to have a beard?" It was a question, but I took it as a statement of fact. Funny how that went........

I find bearded men to be very attractive in a lot of cases. In some cases, a beard definitely improves their looks. Chuck Norris is one example. I've dated men without beards. My first husband didn't have one. My second husband, who I thought was the finest thing I'd ever seen (in person) back in the day had a mustache and beard which he never shaved off. I saw a picture of him when he was in his twenties without the mustache and beard. He was handsome but probably wouldn't have gotten my attention. Speaking of which, men with beards without mustaches tend to look strange to me.

Speaking of which, men with beards without mustaches tend to look strange to me.
Yes, they look very weird. Another one I don't like are men who have a thin sliver of beard just below the mouth, they look like they have a caterpillar crawling around their mouth. Here's one of a guy with/without a beard, and the other two guys looks too hirsute for my taste.

images
1579531266633.jpeg
images
images

Guys with facial hair come and goe. It was big during the Civil War in the US (1860-65) for about 30 years. And by the 1900s beard were almost nonexistent. In the 30s, they started making a come back. WWII put an end to that. Yet, 30 yrs later, long hair and beards started a come back. Few men had beards in the 1990s. And thirty years later..........
Way back in the late 1970s, I had a full beard. It had great gray swatches and itched like hell. Nobody really liked it.

I like mustaches and beards, but clean shaven is okay too. My husband has done both over the years, but usually kept a mustache or one with a trimmed beard. I wouldn't like any ZZ Top beards though. :p

shutterstock_1100143076-660x329.jpg

I hate to admit, that went over my head. What does it mean?

Snorkeling is swimming with flippers, a face mask, and breathing through a snorkel (pipe). The next step is SCUBA which adds compressed air tanks. Very nice in tropical waters where exotic fish live.

Back