Would you go to an age restricted bar/lounge for 55+?

Would you go to an age restricted bar/lounge for 55+?​

I don't go to bars

I'm barred out

Started frequenting bars about two years before I should
(My onion paper Irish skin made me look older)

Used to almost live in 'em

Barmaids used to feed me between jobs
Even do my laundry

No, 'happy hours' just ain't happy...rather depressing
I imagine a 55+ bar would be no exception

I enjoyed the nine ball tourneys
That's about it

Bar fights suck
No matter if you decked the smart ass or he decked you

Discussions get loud....why that is, I don't know
..maybe to hear one's drunk self (?)

and I don't find drunk wimin attractive

I went to a disco once, a Big Daddy's in Pensacola, about 1978 or so.

Big Daddy's was a short lived chain of discos by Big Daddy Don Garlits. Everybody there that night (who's still living) should easily qualify for the over 55 thing. And like you and I are are probably no longer disco dancing.

Big Daddy's was a short lived chain of discos by Big Daddy Don Garlits. Everybody there that night (who's still living) should easily qualify for the over 55 thing. And like you and I are are probably no longer disco dancing.
Don Garlits opened a chain of discos??? I remember when he flipped his rail.

You might be surprised that the retirees in The Philippines start drinking beer well before noon and keep going until their woman picked them up for dinner at aprox 7pm.
I swear, some of those guys must have a hollow leg. I don't know where that put all that beer.
When I was in Vietnam we partied with Filipino merchant tugboat operators, yea they can put the booze a-way.

I would give it a try for sure, my local has a juke box which they put on free play and the locals put a lot of absolutely awful 70's and 80's so called music, would be a treat to get away from that.

Well, now. My MIL refused to move to an apartment complex for seniors only because she didn't want to be around "all those old people". I dunno, do we wanna go to a bar and be around all those "old people"? LOL

Actually, it's rare that I go out after dark, and it doesn't seem like it would be much fun to hang out in a bar (any bar) during daylight hours🍹🍺🍻🍾🍷

Thinking a bit more about this idea has made me realise that in the UK we used to have something very similar up until about the last 20 years or so. They were called working men's clubs or social clubs, they were more family orientated rather than limited to over 50's, in fact many parents liked the idea that they could take their children in there. These have almost disappeared from the country now and to be honest I really don't know why.

Maybe a swinging, loud, dance bar full of 20 year olds isn't your cup of tea. Would you go to an age restricted bar/lounge for 55+?

YUCK! I never drink alkie stuff. Teetotaler for life!

1480726945351-TGA7WLQ2RBKGSNL2058G

When I was in Vietnam we partied with Filipino merchant tugboat operators, yea they can put the booze a-way.
Yes, but they do it in a sitting position because after only a couple of San Miguel (the most readily available brew in-country other than 33), they can no longer walk in a straight line.

Yes, but they do it in a sitting position because after only a couple of San Miguel (the most readily available brew in-country other than 33), they can no longer walk in a straight line.
I drank the biere 33 when I was in Vietnam when Pabst or Black Label wasn't available. We used to call it tiger p*ss.

I went to Big Daddy's in Daytona Beach in 1978! Nostalgia!

I didn't care, as long as they were wet and cold! They used to bring out a big chunk of ice in a bucket, you could bust off a chunk and put in your beer.
The Vietnamese were very good at keeping their beer wet, but cold ........ not so much. I don't think I ever had a cold beer in Vietnam.

Back