Would you go to an age restricted bar/lounge for 55+?

Would you go to an age restricted bar/lounge for 55+?

If you haven't been to one, then you haven't lived.
To watch the 'Waltz of the Wheelchairs' is so romantic.
Then, there are some of the wrinklies that use their dentures as castanets while gripping a rose between their gums.
If you are really lucky, you may see others pretending to be Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone, sword fencing with their walking sticks.

I may just wash my face and comb my hair tomorrow, and go as Johnnie Ray. 🙂

Just visit any of the local VFW or American Legion halls. At least in this area, that's pretty much what they are, and they are full of ex supply type E3s sharing their combat experiences. No, I don't go there anymore.
I don't qualify for those groups, my Navy time was between wars, so nobody shot at me. It is still pleasant to tell "sea stories".

When I lived in The Philippines I regularly went to bars that had retired men from a wide range of countries. Many of us joined bar pool-leagues and we competed against other bar leagues.
The vast majority of those men came from, the U.K. , USA and Australia. Though now, I understand that South Koreans are making an impact.

What, a bar stuffed full of old people? Happy hour would have to be set to 11AM, nap time 1 to 2, and the bus pick up to ship 'em all back to their Del Webb community no later than 3:30. There would be no topless dancing on the bar countertop....just sayin'! :sleep:
You might be surprised that the retirees in The Philippines start drinking beer well before noon and keep going until their woman picked them up for dinner at aprox 7pm.
I swear, some of those guys must have a hollow leg. I don't know where that put all that beer.

Last edited:
You might be surprised that the retirees in The Philippines start drinking beer well before noon and keep going until their woman picked them up for dinner at aprox 7pm.
I swear, some of those guys must have a hollow leg. I don't know where that put all that beer.
I've drank will Filipino tugboat operators in Vietnam, they can definitely drink some drink.

When the question was asked where you would not go back to, I said Manila is one of those places. That bar picture says it all!! It made my husband and I sick to see old western men, preying on these young girls, some as young as 12 and 13 years.

These young girls are poor and so they are used by these horrible men.
It is SAD!

https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/never-visit-a-place-again.64037/

No, what is it then? His wallet?

There are places like that here too.
Yes, to a certain degree. In The Philippines, poverty is rife. Jobs are few and far between. And, even if she gets a job, the pay is often too little to survive on. There is/was a mega-mall near me and the biggest department store paid the girls aprox 200 piso/day. To put that in perspective, lunch at McDonalds costs 90 piso.
Don't get me wrong, The girls are not "for sale" any more than a woman in the U.S, but both are looking for "security" and the possibility of a decent future.

Don't get me wrong, The girls are not "for sale" any more than a woman in the U.S, but both are looking for "security" and the possibility of a decent future.
Good point, security, including financial security, is almost always a part of any mating process. Things are just very different in poorer parts of the world compared to here.

Yes, and the girls are (how shall I say this ?) very friendly. ;)
In The Philippines, it is as easy to find a very attractive girlfriend as it is to buy a loaf of bread.
Seriously. I kid you not. To them, a mans age does not matter.
I have a virgin passport.

Back