Yoga?

I follow the DVDs Yoga instruction of Rodney Yee 5 or 6 times a week for 20 minutes. His voice is very peaceful. He also has some good meditation tapes.

That’s fabulous Phoenix. Isn’t yoga fun?
I’m still doing my yoga 5 or 6 days a week also.
Rodney Yee is very good. I’ve got 2 of his DVD’s.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll switch it up and try some new DVD’s.
Ive been doing the same Namaste series since the beginning of January.

I have been doing DDP Yoga and love it. The workout is not led by a mellow, quiet teacher, but it is helping me heal some chronic aches I had developed over the years. I never thought I would like yoga, who knew. I was in Goju-Ryu karate years ago, when my kids were young, probably why I have so many aches and pains now. ;)

Candace

I started with Yoga Zone. They were good, but there wasn't the overall calming affect that Rodney Yee has. Yoga Zone taught me the moves, but to me the feeling was more like gym class. I need peaceful in my life. Sometimes that is all important along with the keeping things functioning.

This is great that you ladies also do yoga. Now I have others to chat with and learn from. I’m with Phoenix in that I need the relaxing aspect of yoga which is why I do the Namaste series. This is the best series I’ve tried thus far.
Do you use a yoga mat?
Have you found that when you shrink from old age, that yoga is actually easier to do.
Thats the only logical reason I can come up as to why I can stretch easier than I once could.
What do you ladies wear while doing your yoga.
I have three pairs of yoga pants that’s I alternate. They are very comfortable for doing yoga.
What time of day do you do your routine? For me it’s first thing in the morning.
Namasta ladies.

Yes, I have a yoga mat. It's easier on these old bones, even though before I got it, I did it an a semi-plush carpet. The Namaste series sounds interesting. Is that exactly what it's called? I love the word namaste with it's variant meanings.

I'm flexible because of the yoga. I injured my hip in a snow mobile accident when I was twenty-one. If I don't exercise the hip it starts locking up. I take off my jeans and exercise in whatever else I might be wearing at the time. I'm not a fancy dresser. Most everything I own can stretch enough to do the practice.

Yes that’s exactly what it’s called., Namaste - The Television Series.
It’s the exact series that is played on television called Namaste. That’s how I got interested in it.
Its got 13 series that are approximately 25 minutes each.

It’s got three DVD’s.

DVD ONE is:
1/ Exalted Warrior
2/ Sun Moon
3/. Firebird
4/. Gate Opening

DVD TWO is:

5/. Dancing Sun
6/. Half Moon
7/. Earth Series
8/. Lotus Link

DVD THREE is:

9/. Water Light
10/. Revolved Triangle
11/. Head to Knee
12/. Crane Series
13/. Lotus Link

What I really like about these DVD’s is that there are three people doing the yoga series, the instruction in dubbed in afterwards and given in a soft spoken voice. The backgrounds are photoshopped backdrops of very attractive scenery like boats, water waves, sun shining through the forest that change frequently and it’s so well done. The music in the background is relaxing while subtle enough to be distracting. It’s excellent. There’s other yoga DVD’s by Kate Potter but I haven’t tried them but I’ll get you the link that has downloads available. I highly recommend these.

Today I did the Crane Series.

8D48EA0F-1113-4208-BDD5-3C7287B751AD.jpg

I do yoga almost everyday to help with my bones and joints. I’ve broken many bones in my body throughout the years and if I don’t do yoga my body seizes up and hurts. Doing Yoga is for pain management and relaxation. It also offers a spiritual experience daily and while I’ve done yoga in my younger years I’ve never quite enjoyed it as much as I do now at almost 60.
LOVE the word Namaste and its meanings.

Today was Crane Series day which I really enjoy but it also has Warrior 3 which I sometimes have a problem finding my core and balancing correctly. It’s certainly getting easier. I’m able to do all 13 sequences.

Heres the crane and warrior 3 pose.View attachment 53337
Actually that was crow pose. This is crane pose and then a link that shows both View attachment 53339

https://www.google.ca/search?q=crane+yoga+pose&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari#kpvalbx=1

There is no way that I would even attempt either one of those face down poses.....I'd fall flat on my face and end up looking like a flat nosed pug.

lg_pug1.jpg

Today while doing my yoga I took a few pictures to show you the lay out format from Namaste Yoga series.

F6ACF2D8-A6E9-4BD7-A147-A42EC632938C.jpg
The background is constantly changing to add interest. The series I have is from the first DVD they put out. I believe they have four different seasons from the television episodes and I’m going to order this new one since some of my old ones are malfunctioning after all the years of use I’ve put them through.
EAC63ECD-355D-4FB4-AE7B-CC939F8EF628.jpg
This is the one I’m ordering from season 3.
I’ll eventually get all of them because since I’ve been doing yoga since I was a teenager and this is ,by far, the BEST yoga I’ve ever tried.
FDA4F689-B4CE-4D30-A748-3A106BA0D10F.jpg
Here are the seasons series off of amazon
Season two . If you read the reviews it will give you an idea how others feel about this particular yoga instruction.

https://www.amazon.ca/Namaste-Yoga-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FKMZ2BRMBH47QVGKGQV5

https://namastemove.com/products/season-3

If you’d like to try it first before purchasing , here is a full series from season 4. Please try it......

https://www.clipzui.com/video/n3c4o4p4a3p4c4f4s5t4y3.html

.... and enjoy.

Today I got my new set of Namaste Yoga DVD’s.
I have season one, two and three. Each season has 13 episodes which means I have 39 different episodes to choose from.
Oh joy! Oh bliss! I’m in heaven.

My last dvd’s started malfunctioning but I’ve had them for years now and they’ve had a lot of use. Oddly enough it was cheaper for me to purchase them off Amazon from the United States and pay a $3 duty fee than it was to purchase them directly from Toronto Canada where they are made. I got 60% off from purchasing them internationally than buying directly from where they were made which is a mere few hours away.

Crazy but if its cheaper I guess I won’t complain. Yay amazon. B1062D42-E05B-4189-BFEE-486AD575E1F8.jpg
I already tried one of the episodes and they are in the same format as my last ones which I’m very pleased with.

I’ve been really enjoying my new yoga DVD’s. It’s been both exciting and challenging doing new routines each morning. Now I’ve increased yoga to twice daily.

This morning I had a routine that included this in it and I admit I was stumped for a while. It wasn’t a smooth transition at all for me but it was my first time doing it. Eventually I’ll get better.

Here’s a small clip of the part that stumped me this morning.
It’s a version of crane but it took me a bit to get it and even then it wasn’t great. Lol

http://www.etvplayvideos.com/1,4AqGAKjiLSQ/chabelos/Namaste-Yoga--Season-2-Episode-13-Dancing-Shiva

chihuahua-yoga.gif

Back