Yoga?

Well it’s been confirmed that yoga makes you more flexible.
lofl.gif

I figure as long as I can get my socks on and off without help I'm good.

On more of a serious note here, two of the DVD’s didn’t work on my player so the company sent out replacement copies which also didn’t work. They asked me to play them on a different player and they worked so I offered to send the two extras back and they said I could keep them. Great customer service.

Every year when we get our wood in to be chopped my husband throws his back out quite badly. Right now he is off of work for a couple of weeks. The other day he said to me that he noticed since I’ve been doing yoga everyday that I have no more back issues, which is true. Years ago I smashed my tailbone . It never healed properly and had always given me problems ever since. In fact many of my joints ached but since I’ve been doing yoga daily I no longer have any joint pain.

This is incredibly inspiring because every year I’d throw my back out at least once and after long drives my back would ache for days. Not any longer. It’s so obvious that my husband has inquired about doing yoga but at the present moment he’s not flexible enough to do it , so I suggested Pilates on the Balance Ball. It’s fun! It’s easy and it’s perfect for those who are either overweight and / or much older. These giant balls are super fun for stretching and actually support your weight while you stretch.

When I was overweight these are the DVD’s that I used to use and I highly recommend them, especially the beginners workout from Gaiam with Suzanne Deason. It’s a great DVD that’s filmed in scenic Hawaii.

4EA9092F-32A7-413E-83C6-37BAF9EE2813.jpg

The relaxation techniques incorporated in yoga can greatly lessen chronic pain such as lower back arthritis , headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome. It outperforms aerobic exercise in improving balance, flexibility, strength, pain levels, helps seniors with menopausal symptoms, daily energy level, social & occupational functioning among health parameters.
Yoga does more than help keep you flexible , treat insomnia and lower blood pressure.

It improves posture
Increases flexibility
Builds muscle strength
Boosts metabolism
Helps lower blood sugar
Increases blood circulation
Helps Boosts the immune system
Increases self esteem
Improves lung function
Improves sleep

All it takes is 15 to 20 minutes a day to greatly improve your life.

I highly suggest yoga Ruthanne. There’s a company called Namasta that puts out some exceptional ones. Once you get into a regular routine, you’ll ❤ it
I tried it once before in a class and it was very difficult for me. That's why I want to try a beginners one for those with physical problems like mine.

I tried it once before in a class and it was very difficult for me. That's why I want to try a beginners one for those with physical problems like mine.
Have you considered exercising on a balance ball?
It actually makes exercising much easier since it supports the body and it’s very fun to use.
They don’t cost much and are highly recommended for elderly, injured or over weight people.
Note: I don’t do classes even if I’m in shape. I’d rather do yoga 🧘‍♀️ and pilates on my own. Its more relaxing for me

Have you considered exercising on a balance ball?
It actually makes exercising much easier since it supports the body and it’s very fun to use.
They don’t cost much and are highly recommended for elderly, injured or over weight people.
Note: I don’t do classes even if I’m in shape. I’d rather do yoga 🧘‍♀️ and pilates on my own. Its more relaxing for me
I had a ball once but got rid of it. I really didn't like it--too awkward for me. I'm going to try to do stretching exercises first off and then graduate to yoga and some other harder things. But thanks for the suggestion! ;)

I had a ball once but got rid of it. I really didn't like it--too awkward for me. I'm going to try to do stretching exercises first off and then graduate to yoga and some other harder things. But thanks for the suggestion! ;)
No problem. I was merely trying to be supportive.
Years ago when I was overweight with fibromyalgia symptoms of aching muscles and serious pain, this balance ball workout was a Godsend to me. Who knew downward dog could be so easy supported by a ball? I think I just lucked out by getting it because I’ve tried other types of balance ball DVD’s and wasn’t impressed.

Good luck in your yoga journey.

Back