"Your Mother and I Met At a Church Picnic"

I'm not afraid to admit where I met my husband. It was in a bar while I was with a girlfriend. He was there with his mates and offered to buy us a drink. We accepted and then they offered to take us to another bar, but we did hesitate because we didn't know them. Turned out I met him the following week in a Chinese restaurant., and he asked for my phone number, the rest is history. đź’ž

first wife ( 7 yrs )- met at church function
second wife ( 4 years ) - met at spiritual meeting
third partner ( 30 years and going ) - in a bar
b7cd713a883b4d055430e54348e044c4504a10f4ede9aeb504e3b227a135b98d

Hubby and I met as teenagers playing weekend tennis. Neither of us were imbibers of alcohol in those days.

Later we did take up drinking as it was fashionable to attend wine tastings. It was also the thing to do to attend a celebrated pub crawl in The Rocks precinct of Sydney. That was some experience.

I am now teetotal and so is he.

Last edited:
I've probably mentioned it before but my wife and I met in 1953 on a blind sate. I was 19 and she had just turned 17. i was just starting a 4 yr, hitch in the Coast Guard and she was still in high school.
We married in '56 and here we are today, still strolling along but now with a flock of kids, grandkids, and great grands following along behind.
She's given me a wonderful life !

I know a couple that met at the courthouse when they were getting married -- to other people.

I met Heloise at an orgy. I have great fun saying this, it was a party with a Roman orgy theme, togas were optional.

Funny thing. Thirty three years went by between the time DH and I met and the time we got married. We were engaged, complete with engagement ring, when I was 16. His grandmother stepped in and put the kibosh on that, he got mad, quit university, joined the marines.

My mother said there was plenty of time and if it lasted, we could marry "later."

We grew up, married other people, had kids, divorced, and didn't see one another again until a few days before we were married by a justice of the peace.

Afterward, we went by my mother's apartment to tell her what we'd done. She said, "What was the rush?"

I would not lie about where I met some body’s mother. Any other questions are none of their business.

Back