What exercise have you done today?

I didn't do any today because I was feeling off kilter when I got up and walked around. But I do want to mention what I did on Monday and Tuesday because I didn't get a chance to post in this thread on those days. Monday I went to Planet Fitness and although I cut my workout short, I wound up exercising for a total of 64 minutes, including walking there and back. Tuesday, I went to the Hoboken waterfront park and walked the promenade. I walked for a total of 2.83 miles that day.

April 11, 2024 - No exercise. April 12, 2024 - Swam 500 meters and walked 10 minutes on my treadmill.

I have been cutting back on exercise these past few days because the tendonitis around my knees has flared up due to my activity in the surf on the 5th of April. I need to remember that I am no longer a young man and must be very careful about what physical activities I engage in.

Today was gym day so
Highlight was my idea to switch from 25 lb weights to 10 lb weights on the trap bar. I had previously switched from 45s to 25s. Same amount of weight just more of them. Using 10 lb plates forces you to have knees nearly fully bent for the pickup and each repetition. Oh boy! Got very winded with each set, loved it.

Second highlight was getting some military presses complete with 40 lb dumbbells.

The weather is getting nice here. I love to walk in our forest. I walk about 1/2 hour at a moderate pace, and do some stretching as I go. I really like it. This year the tree pollen count is so high that within a couple days I can't even go outside, my sinuses swell up. Sooo, it will be walking in the house for another month or so. Kind of disappointing, but walking is walking...it is fun just by itself.

In the morning I hiked 2.1 miles on the North Country Trail. I am working on the 100 mile challenge. After dinner I got on my ebike and rode 21.3 miles and yes I do pedal the entire time so it is exercise.

Today was gym day so
Highlight was my idea to switch from 25 lb weights to 10 lb weights on the trap bar. I had previously switched from 45s to 25s. Same amount of weight just more of them. Using 10 lb plates forces you to have knees nearly fully bent for the pickup and each repetition. Oh boy! Got very winded with each set, loved it.

Second highlight was getting some military presses complete with 40 lb dumbbells.
I do not understand . How is switching from 25# to 10# , and a previous switch from 45s to 25s .... the same weight?

And again ....... "
Using 10 lb plates forces you to have knees nearly fully bent for the pickup and each repetition.
Here you make it sound as though 10# in this position is more exertion ?

I do not understand . How is switching from 25# to 10# , and a previous switch from 45s to 25s .... the same weight?

And again ....... "

Here you make it sound as though 10# in this position is more exertion ?
I'm guessing the weights he's using are different diameters, so the lighter the weight the smaller the diameter, which starts the lift closer to the floor.

To get equal weights you just add more plates. He started with two 45# plates, then switched to two 25# and maybe four 10# plates. Weight is the same but lift starts 2" closer to the floor which he reasons equals more exertion.

I'm guessing the weights he's using are different diameters, so the lighter the weight the smaller the diameter, which starts the lift closer to the floor.

To get equal weights you just add more plates. He started with two 45# plates, then switched to two 25# and maybe four 10# plates. Weight is the same but lift starts 2" closer to the floor which he reasons equals more exertion.
Correct.
Am at a near full crouch with knees near fully compressed, for every movement up and every movement back to the floor.
I went up to 140 lb and stopped there. Bar 40 lb plus 10 lb x 10 plates.

25 minutes on the exercise bike. I have now ridden the thing for a total of 557 minutes since I bought it. I paid $950 for it. So that works out to about $1.70 a minute or $102 an hour. I have a long way to go before I will feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

Back